Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2021: Restless Slumber ┤▒├ Wild's Wacky Wilderness of Weird

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/1 20:05:46 )
@Wildfire: My sister is insisting on us getting a real tree and my energy is getting so wiped. lol. A real tree sounds like work. XD
I'm going to do some cheap xmas shopping today for stuffers n whatnot.
I'm on hold with a different company about other house problems. lol. Tis the month for home repairs.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/1 20:14:19 )
@Koah: The only extra work with a real tree, really, is making sure it has water. And sweeping up the needles that inevitably drop, but it can be soooo worth it, imo. The last few years we've opted for a real tree and it has been lovely to have a big 8'-10' tree up (our ceilings are typical Florida style of something along the lines of 16 or 18'). This year we have a tiny little 5' tree. I'm wondering if we should put it on the half-wall XD If your sister's insistence on a real tree is giving you stress though, can you tell her to skip it? Will she listen?

Oh, have fun finding stocking stuffers! Let me know if you find any good little things?! Here, stocking stuffers are usually the cheap, fun, and silly little items, and maybe a gift card... but my boys are beyond a lot of that stuff these days. I'm honestly not sure what it going to end up under the tree this year. Probably not much, tbh. They don't need much right now and I'm just kind of "over" buying things just to have things under the tree - especially when I'm guessing what they want or need. And there's only so many winter shirts, slippers, etc. that my guys need. We get like a week of real cold weather and they have plenty of clothes that still fit them to get them through our "winter" XD

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/1 21:32:30 )
@Wildfire: lol! you should give your boys "big boy" items. Like cleaning supplies and .. gift cards to their favorite food places. Anything they might need and won't think of? socks, unders, etc?

I'm going to look for little candies to shove in spaces in their stockings. My sister covered the quirky gifts for their stockings, she got squishy toys n stuff.
I guess I don't need to do shopping now, I just got a text from a friend who sent little things for kiddos. <333

I think I'll prep the room for a real tree, you totally helped motivate me a little bit. I love the smell of a real tree. I need to find a tree skirt, so the needles don't get stuck in the carpet.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/1 21:57:14 )
@Koah: lol...yeah, I contemplated that type of thing, but it would just be more stuff I would have to store somewhere since neither one of them has their own place yet. The younger one is threatening to officially move out in January/February but I'm not sure what exactly that means at the moment. They're both getting socks. They're both getting a lightweight fishing/sunscreen type shirt and a tshirt. We'll probably get them a gift card to something or someplace interesting. They have gotten underwear in the past. This year I bought each of them a small cast iron pan with a brownie mix included as a semi-useful (pan) semi-fun (brownies) thing. I usually get new PJs for everyone and a small toy or stuffed animal that they get on Christmas Eve, but I'm skipping that this year because they have enough of these things and only wear them a couple of times... and they're 18 and 20 :/ I have been known to stuff their stockings with food too... /shrug/ I don't know. I may change my mind. December snuck up on me and I'm not really in a holiday mindset, I guess. I'm more interested in getting this garden planted and then getting things the guys might actually need, but don't know what that is - they're both too particular concerning that stuff for me to guess.

Oh, I'm glad you're going with a real tree! I hope it works out for you :3
You have nice friends! XD

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 01:39:08 )

@Wildfire: Yeah, but I've got several things going on at the moment, working on my website, moderating two different discord servers, I have to make dinner tonight (lol) and so on, I'm finding it harder than usual to keep up! But that's okay, I'm sure I can buy the items later if I really want them. :)

I'm doing great, the past couple days were really nice (weather-wise and activity-wise) and today I had a doctor's visit where I found I'd lost ten pounds! Which was a happy surprise, but also explains why my shorts have been falling down a bit recently, lmao.

How are you doing?

Please ping me!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 08:14:10 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet | Drip Drop Fairy | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d&rsquo;espoir | Her Grace | His Elegance

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: Yeah I'm definetly feeling better, which is nice. so how goes your week? I get paid Friday. so I'm excited. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 13:20:44 )
@CooperationIsKey: You've been busy! Yes, the weather has been wonderful the last few days, hasn't it? Congrats on losing some weight! Wow... it really sounds like you've been doing well! I'm glad! :3
I've been pretty good, thanks - spending a lot of time outside, enjoying the weather and trying to get stuff done for an expanded garden while the weather cooperates :)

@star2000shadow: I'm happy to hear you're feeling better and getting paid is always a nice thing to have happen! :3
My week has been weird - I can't believe it's already Thursday. It feels like it should be Monday or maybe Tuesday, somehow.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 16:19:21 )

Good morning! Felt like I had a lot of sleep last night ^^

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 16:25:15 )
@Wildfire: I definitely have nice friends. :3 I somehow managed to find friends I can count on. :d
I'm sure you boys will appreciate the gifts this year.
Are you upset the eldest wants to move out soon?

and Good Morning.
I'm in a lot better mental space today.
Christmas wrapping is almost dooooone! for my sister. Then I can dive into my own stash.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 17:07:19 )
@Purpsy: good morning. Getting some sleep is a good thing, isn't it?

@Koah: I'm glad you found some good friends! They can be hard to come by :3 And I'm really glad you're doing better today! <3

My boys are pretty low-key, fortunately. And they're old enough to "get it" and to not expect to be spoiled for Christmas. They're also old enough, with their own money to get their own stuff if they need or want it.

LOL... it's my youngest, not the eldest, who wants to move out. No, I'm not upset - it's time and he's probably going to be living at a friend's farm anyway. He has a plan and he has the motivation to start the business he wants, and they're in a better location for that than where we are. I'm just a little concerned that he pushes himself too much - doesn't eat well enough, doesn't stay hydrated, doesn't get enough sleep. I'm more concerned about the possible side-effects of those things...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 17:29:26 )

@Wildfire: Yep ^^
Although I need to brew some coffee and eat something

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 17:38:27 )
@Wildfire: I mixed them up. Sounds like you raised an ambitious kid. :D Buy him a water bottle for xmas to hint he needs to stay hydrated! lol.
It took me a good ...7 years from 18, to realize I needed to be healthier. e.e' I was also an ambitious young person. lol. I really didn't 'slow down' until a couple of years ago when I realized it affected my kids.
For quite a while, and sometimes still, I'll see someone with my old energy levels with no kids and I get a tinge of jealousy.

My kids have significantly fewer gifts than the teenagers. I'm already low-key explaining to my kids that these teens haven't had Christmas in years because their lives are so different than ours. So they'll be pretty spoiled by Santa and family.
My sister hated Christmas and so she took the holiday away from my niece. Now that my niece is 15, she realizes how important having family and material items are for her kid. So my sis is going totally overboard, which is actually fun to watch and be apart of.

My roofers are continuing their work today. =O man, I hope my roof gets actually finished and my stress will lessen. I just have to wait and see.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 18:36:43 )
@Purpsy: Still sleepy? It's after noon now!

@Koah: Yeah, it took me a while to grow out of that young adult invulnerability attitude too. I suspect it's normal. But as a parent, it's hard to see my kid basically abuse himself. At the same time, I want him to invest his energy wisely to set himself up for success going forward.

Oh wow - what an interesting dynamic you're dealing with for the holidays! I'm glad you're enjoying it. It sounds like your sister is enjoying herself too.

Good luck with the roofers. I really hope they do the right thing by you guys!!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 19:12:19 )

@Wildfire: Nope, just been gaming tbh xD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 19:46:48 )
@Purpsy: nothing wrong with that! Are you having a good day?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 20:03:11 )

@Wildfire: Yep, is a little in the meh side so far. How about you?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 20:05:26 )

I got so much items lately besides the event items.
Is a little overwhelming to create new avis =w=;
But I'm super grateful!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 20:10:35 )
@Purpsy: Have you been on a shopping spree??

I have been a bit foggy-headed all day -slightly congested and slightly headachey- so I've been a little "off" so far today, but it has been a fairly productive day anyway. I made a green chili with leftover turkey from Thanksgiving that came out really good. I bought some mulch and potting soil and right now I'm torturing myself over trellis/arbor options. And I'm thinking about decorating outside for Christmas... but I want to make a decision on this trellis stuff first...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 20:16:25 )

@Wildfire: Here? Nope.
Someone donated a lot of items for my quest lists so yep.

Awe I hope you feel better soon :(
Still got a lot of leftovers for Thanksgiving? Now your making me hungry xD
Ooh! Decorating is always fun! But hard to get started... yeah I haven't started decorating yet...

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 20:49:46 )
@Purpsy: oh, that's always nice :3

Yeah - I'm not sure how we still had leftovers from Thanksgiving, but we apparently did, and it was time to use them! (actually, my younger son hasn't been home in a couple of days - that's how come we still had leftovers!)

I just put lights on our little tree, but I can't find the tree skirt or some of the ornaments I'm looking for. They're probably still in the attic.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.