Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2021: Restless Slumber ┤▒├ Wild's Wacky Wilderness of Weird

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 12:08:49 )
@Koah: Impromptu shopping trips can be fun and it sounds like you found a resource for baby things for the future, so that's good. Why did you only buy two things from the "pile of cheap" though? You sound impressed at the collection of things they had, and you're going to need stuff, right?

Aaaah, yes, good ol' "average height" XD <3 My youngest is literally a head taller than I am. It's weird. He thinks I'm short, the brat. XD

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 19:12:40 )

Hewwo

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 20:03:31 )
@Another Movie Addict: Hey AMA. How are you today?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 03:08:43 )
@Wildfire: I don't want to hoard a bunch of baby things when I'm still possibly teetering on a 50/50 or 75/25 percent chance of success. I do have an appointment this week that will give me more answers and maybe more reassurance that things are better than I think.
I ended up buying cloth diapers, I don't plan on using them, but with my last kiddo, they came in super handy as an emergency supply. :3 They were only .50 cents each. :D

How was your day?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 14:09:12 )
@Koah: That makes sense (not that I was judging) and cloth diapers are wonderful to have around. I seem to remember using them for a while (but not exclusively, if memory serves). I was amazed at how handy they were for uncommon situations - like, I think there's still one in my car to catch random spills, tbh...

My day was... I'm not sure. I wrestled another shrub out of the ground and started working on another one, but it was hot and the shrub had bigger, more established roots than the previous couple shrubs. So I did what I could, which was cutting off branches and severing a few big roots once I dug them out, in the hopes that the tree will die and I gave up the task for the afternoon. I didn't do too much that was productive for the rest of the day other than try to figure out what recipes to do for Thanksgiving and write too many lists XD

How was your day?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 18:05:09 )
@Wildfire: I got snowed in for a little over a week once and ran out of disposable diapers, so my mom's stash of cloth diapers came in super handy on the last 2 days of that snow-in.
I ended up spending yesterday navigating the guys to cut down trees and move branches out of the driveway.
Is your garden starting to look 'naked' with how much you are clearing space for new things?

I went and got a tall chai this morning and am ready to start my day. :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 18:10:21 )

Afternoon everyone ^^

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 18:27:43 )
-runs through between errands-

@Koah: yes, my area is definitely looking a little open and naked these days!! That will change in a couple months when all my tropical things start growing with enthusiasm again, but right now it's more chickenwire caging of sensitive seedlings than actual garden things! ... and half removed shrubs because I'm only so big and strong and they have really big roots!!

@Purpsy: Hey Purpsy. How are you today?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 18:37:06 )

@Wildfire: I'm doing alright (*´ ˘ `*)
I had a busy morning but things are calming down now.

How are you? You seem busy.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 18:48:51 )
@Purpsy: Yup - busy day for me today. I'm running errands, getting stuff for the garden and for Thanksgiving (which is Thursday) and dropping off donation things and ... yeah, busy. I'm about to run back out again, but it shouldn't be too long.

What had you being all busy this morning??

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 19:11:56 )
@Purpsy: Good afternoon, it's still morning here. hehe.
How are you doing?

@Wildfire: My driveway looks naked. We cut a bunch of trees down and now my house looks exposed. lol. But I plan on planting a shorter tree type along the road to give us a sense of privacy again.
In our back yard, the dang holly berry bushes are growing back and they're all over. Their root system is insanely wide. I hate them. >(
But I've taken a break from yardwork, it's too cold here now. :d

I'd totally love to see progress pics as your tropical plants begin to grow~ :D

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 19:14:00 )

@Wildfire: Had to fold some clothes because my drier downstairs didn't completely dry all of the clothes yesterday and had to sweep the entire apartment. And the living room a huge mess since we just got some new furnitures and have to rearrange some furnitures along with it.

Alright be careful out there~

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 20:12:19 )

@Koah: Is afternoon here now but I might go out soon on an errand. But my day is going fine so far, a little in a meh side tho.

How's your morning going so far?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 20:23:03 )
@Purpsy: my morning is getting fairly busy. :d It's not bad. I got coffee from the shop down the road and ate a burrito.
I had a good conversation with a former roommate over the phone. She's been stressed over some unresolved stuff when she moved out. So we were able to clear that up today.
So far so good, I'm probably going to clean soon and wrap some more presents. :d

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 20:33:04 )

@Koah: But it sounds like you got some stuff done and solved ^^

I should be getting ready soon on my part so I guess I'll talk to you some other time.

See you ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 20:40:34 )
@Purpsy: <3 I hope your 'meh' day gets better. :3

silly stocking stuffers just arrived and I'm heavily amused by my family's choice of silly stocking gifts this year. XD
It's those 'splat' balls that look like eggs and whatever else. Christmas morning with teenagers and children is about to get wild. I got a feeling more than one person is about to get a splat ball to the face.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 20:56:38 )
@Koah: Yeah, I'll show you my little garden-in-the-making... especially as it grows and starts filling in. Remind me once in a while and I'll go take a photo :3 I understand about the yard looking naked - it always does when you do some pruning or reorganizing!! But the beauty is that during this process you get to customize what you want and everything looks lovely when it grows back in! We had holly bushes growing as hedges for a while, but some of them got some weird black mold thing that we couldn't kill (the part of the shrubs that doesn't get any real sun) so we took them out. We replaced them and things were going well for a while, but now we're seeing the same stupid black dots on the new shrubs. *grumbles* Part of me hopes it gets bad enough that we have to rip them out too (hubby is reluctant, since they border the house and make it look all "nice suburban" or whatever). But if they go... maybe I can put different things in that area...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 20:59:17 )
@Purpsy: You have had a busy day, haven't you? But it sounds like all good stuff <3

OMG I'm just spent right now. I was in the middle of getting groceries and my brain just kinda did an "I'm done" thing. It was weird. I hope I got everything I need for Thanksgiving, but I kind of doubt it. I highly suspect somebody from my house is going to go to the grocery store again in another day or two! :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 21:35:26 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet | Drip Drop Fairy | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d&rsquo;espoir | Her Grace | His Elegance

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ 'Pokes head in and waves at' Hello all. How's it go? <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 22:12:21 )
Hi guys! I am so tired today already.... went out for breakfast today with my SO then we came home and cleaned some, and now it's only 3:11pm and I am pooped.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.