Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2021: Restless Slumber ┤▒├ Wild's Wacky Wilderness of Weird

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 18:29:23 )

Hey, guys! How are you all today? :)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 19:18:07 )

@Wildfire: That's also true.
Totally not guilty of that...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 20:14:49 )
    @danielle: No real complaints. How about yourself?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 20:27:32 )

@blue: I'm doing great. Just at work and listening to a podcast! :)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 20:35:29 )
@star2000shadow: lol. Yeah, I can see that. It's just one of those shows that never really got my attention for some reason.

@blue: lol! ... and that's probably why^^ XD

@danielle: Hello. I'm doing ok today, thanks - been running all over the place, it seems. How are you today?

@Purpsy: lol - yeah, my guys seem to be pretty slow on eating the leftovers - unless it's something like Thanksgiving, and even then the veggies are usually overlooked in favor of other things. :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 20:47:46 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet | Drip Drop Fairy | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d’espoir | Her Grace | His Elegance

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: eh everyone has different likes and dislikes 'nods'. it's what makes it interesting to get to know a person. <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 20:51:04 )
@star2000shadow: I agree. I like learning about people and getting to know them... and celebrating our differences. Humans are amazing in so many ways! <3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 20:51:31 )

@Wildfire: Sounds like my family too. People tend to forget when leftovers are not eaten for more than two days then is just sitting there in the fridge for several weeks...  ಠ‸ಠ 

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 20:54:23 )
@Purpsy: There comes a point when I stop cooking and tell everyone to "forage" in the fridge. AND, I have a whiteboard on the fridge that reminds them what's in there and what they should be eating (and sometimes, what to stay away from). Unfortunately, they usually seem to get in to new or unopened things instead of eating the leftovers anyway. I also try to make a point of going through the fridge at least once a week to dispose of anything that has been sitting there too long...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 20:59:45 )

@Wildfire: *pats your shoulder*
I get you, I try to eat the leftovers but I'm only one person with not a huge appetite.

AndIhaveanabsoluteirrationalfearoneatingleftoverstalefoods.... But it hurts throwing away the food out. Feels such a waste

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 21:08:36 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, I know. If I lived alone, I'd probably just cook like twice a week...
I don't like throwing away perfectly good food either, which is why I sometimes tell them to forage and scrounge. Sometimes they'll eat the leftovers... sometimes, not.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 22:18:57 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet | Drip Drop Fairy | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d&rsquo;espoir | Her Grace | His Elegance

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Wildfire:
@star2000shadow: I agree. I like learning about people and getting to know them... and celebrating our differences. Humans are amazing in so many ways! <3

and yet we can be pretty bad to 'nods'. I'm gonna be running out to get dinner 'makes face' yay. <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 23:18:05 )
@star2000shadow: Yeah, but when we are "bad" it's usually because we don't know any better or are living out of egocentricity.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 00:22:25 )

@Wildfire: Do you cook a lot? Or do you ratio properly for your family? Which is probably a bit difficult since you have food driven sons in your family.
Honestly I'm guilty picking favourites with my meals often... but since my dad has been cooking less there's not much leftovers, only when my mom comes home with food from an outing or from her friends. Had to throw lots of those lately... it was a lot. Honestly it gets also overwhelming sometimes when there's too much food in the fridge

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 00:30:15 )
@Purpsy: I usually cook a full meal every night, and try to make sure there is food for the guys to get in to for breakfast, lunches & snacks (lunch meat, hard boiled eggs, peanut butter, nut bars, eggs, tortillas, salsa, sometimes premade/prepackaged burritos, etc.) It's hard to put limits on how much we each eat (what I understand you to mean by "rationing properly") because I have two young adult sons who need the extra calories, etc. I like the idea of cooking "once" and having leftovers to turn in to another meal another time... but with my family dynamics right now, that doesn't always work. I can't tell you how many times I cook "more than enough" for leftovers and other meals, only to have it all disappear by the end of the evening simply because it's good and they want to eat it /groan/

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 00:50:45 )

@Wildfire: Yeah that sounds rough :/
Now I get why you go out on an errand several times a week.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 00:55:49 )
@Purpsy: ...and why my food bill is so high! XD x_x
If it were just me, things would be significantly different in terms of food and cooking! But, it's hard to tell hard-working young men to limit their caloric intake... and I'd rather they eat what *I* cook (healthy "real" food) than to do constant (unhealthy) take-out. I usually go grocery shopping twice a week, if both of my boys are here...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 02:08:23 )

@Wildfire: I am great, minus the fact I am not seeing that guy anymore lol.

I am just hanging out and listening to music. I am going to finish journaling for today and maybe upload it to my new blog. Not sure yet.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 10:21:35 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet | Drip Drop Fairy | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d&rsquo;espoir | Her Grace | His Elegance

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Wildfire:
@star2000shadow: Yeah, but when we are "bad" it's usually because we don't know any better or are living out of egocentricity.

Ego what? That's a word I don't know..
I'm kinda up and down tonight. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/24 13:30:45 )

@Wildfire: I am good, minus the fact that I have symptoms now because my coworker came into work after knowing that her sister had tested positive...

Questing

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.