Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2021: Restless Slumber ┤▒├ Wild's Wacky Wilderness of Weird

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:05:58 )
@Miss Sandman: they must be super tired!

@Vixen: Oh, I'd love to be able to relax through the end of the year but that never seems to happen for me until that week between Christmas and New Year when everything is closed anyway. I will be going out shopping on Black Friday, and I'm already hearing Christmas music playing in the stores. They have Xmas stuff on the shelves already ... have had Xmas stuff on the shelves ...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:16:36 )

@Wildfire: yeah there's that mad holiday rush between thanksgiving and christmas that i'm trying to not get too involved in
xmas stuff has been on shelves since ..... july??? it's been a while, but craft stores tend to have stuff up really early from my experience

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:17:32 )
@Wildfire: I'm dragging my feet around today. It's one of those days where my brain gets foggy and I wanna nap. XD But can't because I have things to do.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:22:11 )
@Vixen: the craft shops having holiday things out early doesn't bother me since they're craft stores, and presumably the stuff is out so people can start putting together their holiday crafts, which take time. It's the pre-made, stick-on-a-shelf "gifts" that are out in September or October that tend to bother me a bit...

@Koah: Awwww, I'm sorry. It's hard having a day like that when you really have to get stuff done!! When that happens, I try to just set up a slow but steady pace and try to get done whatever I can without too much self-imposed guilt... because REST and listening to your body's needs is important too! :3

My day is going a little slowly now too. I planted a little bit this morning and set up more chickenwire fencing to keep the critters out, and I ran an errand that took longer than expected, but the overcast skies are getting to me now, I think... a nap would not be a bad idea for me either right now! XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:23:54 )

@Wildfire: oh i don't think i've seen those...
but then again, i only ever go grocery shopping and the craft store xD
september seems a bit early.... like halloween still has to happen!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:26:37 )
@Vixen: Yeah - I was seeing stuff for Christmas out on the shelves before Halloween. It was weird, and it seemed earlier than the usual "too early for Christmas" stuff...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:27:58 )

@Wildfire: just kickstart that consumerism early this year? especially since things have slowed down with pandemic

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:31:08 )
@Vixen: Yes, that could very well be the case... and the fear of the holidays being "canceled" because of shipping ships stuck sitting in the water waiting for access to docks?? I don't know. I do know that I personally am pretty much over the over-the-top consumerism! I've been buying plants and things like that. Toys and gifts that don't really have a longer-term function? - not so much.

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:32:21 )
@Wildfire: aww well Yeah my bf was drunk.... a little. My Child sleeps always at 6 pm :) he drank with my dad xD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:33:08 )
@Miss Sandman: it sounds like you have a quiet house right now!!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:33:46 )

@Wildfire: yeah i think that's one fear... at least for anyone who would normally be profiting heavily around this time of year
personally i'm a fan of 1 gift that's useful for a person if one exists (it may not, replace with more food as needed), and a second smaller gift that is either funny or edible.... these days we go with edible more often than not xD

like gifts that are useful? groceries lmao

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:36:11 )
@Vixen: I tend to do that too - I don't mind a small "fun" thing, but would rather buy clothes or food or something else that is needed or truly useful as gifts - things that support a creative hobby, for example...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:38:44 )

@Wildfire: ooh yes, i often ask for craft supplies (fabric, thread, replacement needles and stuff like that) if people reallllly want to get "something personal" but also i'm high key afraid someone will buy fabric that is the wrong shade or texture or knit etc........ :'D

that's the same reason why i tend not to buy clothes for people, unless there's something very specific that they want

please @ me

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:47:30 )
@Wildfire: I have the kittens and my momma Time..... thats important though :) my bf is lovely but if he drinks its over xD good doctor is so sad *teary*

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:52:20 )
@Vixen: Yeah, I get that. I can be really picky about buying my craft and art supplies... and clothes too. Fortunately, my immediate family is guys (except for my mom) and they don't really care about fabrics, or shopping, etc., so I can buy pretty much whatever I, Momma, observe they need or could use :3

@Miss Sandman: I'm glad you're getting some quiet momma time :3
What season/episode are you watching??

I think I'm gonna go find some "chill" time for a bit too... I'm feeling a little lazy today, yet a little restless... it's weird.

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:53:12 )
@Wildfire: uh noo in germany season 3 just arrives at dec 1. :0
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 20:56:40 )
@Miss Sandman: season 4, episode 6, apparently. I had to go check XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 23:27:55 )
@Wildfire: Overcast skies are a big factor in my mood today too. Slow and steady is winning the race for today.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 00:18:03 )

Hey, everyone! How's it going? I am trying to escape from the real world right now lol. Today went so wrong in so many ways.

I found out my 2 coworkers have their own chat for when they don't want to include me, I messed up 3 loans in different ways right before leaving work so I had to fix them, and I broke my necklace and the small beads POURED into my lap.

Hope you all had a better day then I did lol

Questing

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 00:51:56 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet | Drip Drop Fairy | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d’espoir |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Wildfire:
@star2000shadow: Yes, that has always been one of my favorite things about smaller avatar sites and events! <3

this is true 'nods' its one of the reason's I like smaller avi sites. so how goes your day? <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.