Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2021: Restless Slumber ┤▒├ Wild's Wacky Wilderness of Weird

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 19:49:13 )
@Koah: You're welcome! <3 And thanks lol. I'm not sure where I was going with this avi other than I know I wanted feathers and bones. xD I'm in the process of changing it though since I'm not quite happy with it.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 19:49:34 )
@Koah: OH! Yeah... I have that around here somewhere - I keep getting distracted. I'm also trying to ID a couple plants that need some attention and I've been kicking butt with reorganizing and doing stuff all morning and... let me see if I can get that pufferfish uploaded for you. If I forget, please remind me later! <3 How are you feeling now?

@Aisukohi: LOL. Yeah, I wouldn't pick somebody else's bananas either (what a weird sentence!!). I'll have to see what happens and hope my neighbors don't mind banana trees growing where I put them... or the other tropicals I plan to plant soon!! XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 19:54:05 )
@Wildfire: That is a funny sentence. xD If you're worried, you could always ask your neighbors if they mind? I'm sure they won't as long as they don't invade their space lol.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 19:54:10 )

@wildfire: I see so today is the day :3
I had to do some organizing myself earlier this week. I'm happy that my kitchen closet is clean and more organized once I add some second shelfs. I'll have to clean the fridge next so it can be ready for the holiday season.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 19:56:29 )
@Aisukohi: I'm not really worried about it. The bananas are clearly in our space and the neighbors are fairly low-key. And their kids might enjoy seeing the banana trees grow and fruit...

@Purpsy: Awww see.... you're several steps ahead of me with the planning and organizing!! <3 Good for you! It sounds like you're ready for the holidays!

@koah: ... pufferfish photo on the way...

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 19:58:41 )
@Wildfire: Good to have low-key neighbors. I worry about bothering mine since we live above them and my son runs around like an elephant. x-x

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 20:00:41 )
@Aisukohi: Well I enjoy it and will continue to as you tweak it to your liking. I keep changing my avi up as event items come out.

@Wildfire: you're kind of motivating me to be more productive today! The sun is out, it's cold as heck outside and I need to clean the house since I've been neglecting basic household care lately. CX

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 20:01:40 )
lol! we have upstairs renters and no door separating the divide of the house. My roommies actually enjoy hearing my kids 'be lively'.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 20:02:53 )

@Wildfire: Nah I think your getting more things done than me. That's all I pretty much got done this week but fair to say washing all those dishes took a lot of time. And I had to give away a lot of those takeout plastic containers...

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 20:03:17 )
@Aisukohi: Shared spaces (walls/floors/etc.) like that are hard. You're obviously aware of the potential for noise, though, and that alone, in my experience, goes a long way to not completely upsetting the neighbors. You can only do what you can do, after all, but as long as you're respectful ...

@Koah: Oh good! I like it when energy and productivity are contagious! XD

I admit to letting out a weird squeak when I first grabbed it... such a bizarre feeling holding this balloon of a fish!!!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 20:25:43 )
@Wildfire: OH MY GOSH! I love that picture! lol! I'd squeak too if I held it! :D That's awesome. I've never caught anything too weird while fishing. A turtle at one point and catfish. but.. that's as weird as it got for me.
Are puffers common out there?

I'm going to start cleaning soon. :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 20:33:13 )
@Koah: that's awesome that your roomies like hearing your kids play! <3

And I guess they're fairly common - I've seen other people catch them around here, and it is the Gulf of Mexico, so... uhhhh... all kinds of weird things are possible! XD It was bizarrely dry and papery to the touch. And a little bumpy. And when I threw him back in the water, he floated upside down for several minutes before suddenly deflating and dropping below the surface. They are SO WEIRD!!

Congrats on the cleaning - and good luck!!

I'm kind of lurking around, doing some research on plants and stuff, making notes, etc. I need to figure out what else to plant near my bananas and what kind of equipment or set up I need...

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 20:35:52 )
@Koah: The quality of these EIs is unreal lol. And I'm glad your roomies aren't bothered by the noise!

@Wildfire: We're lucky the neighbors are so nice. Just an older couple with a cat and I think a dog? The wife always says hi when she's outside, and she bought my son some birthday gifts, which was super nice. I'm trying to think of Christmas gifts that she would like.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 20:39:16 )
@Aisukohi: Awww, that's sweet <3 I hope you can find something nice for her/them. Do you have any idea if she has any hobbies or interests?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 21:05:27 )
@Wildfire: They are super weird fish. XD I love pufferfish, so I'm glad you shared your experience with me. :D
I can't even imagine the texture you described. o.o'

I just cleaned out my car. so yay. now I need to vacuum my living spaces.
We got a letter notifying us we won't be able to do the new roof right now. so that's kind of a bummer. But the extra monthly bill would have hurt too. So I'm somewhat relieved.
One less stress, but also one more stress because we still need a roof in the next couple of years. cx

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 21:06:38 )
@Aisukohi: How old is your little one now?! [if you don't mind me asking].
I always love EIs, Voltra definitely puts love into making their EI items. :D

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 21:19:28 )
@Koah: Congrats on getting your car cleaned out! That can be a pretty big project when you have kids. :3

I completely understand on the roof -that's not something you really want to put off too long, but it sounds like you still have some time before it becomes an essential maintenance cost. Maybe it's for the best right now that it has been postponed?

Of course I'd share the pufferfish with you!! It's such a weird fish, and he was pretty big - bigger than my hand (I'm 5'5", average build, as a point of reference). It was equally weird just watching it float, upside down, back through the water for a long time before he disappeared.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 21:27:09 )
@Wildfire: I know she loves gardening, though she's limited with what she can do because of the rules of our place. I imagine she might have some house plants inside, so thought about something like that. I've never been a green thumb though, so idk what's good.

@Koah: He's 4 as of November 5th lol. We recently got confirmation that he's autistic, so he functions a little differently than others. But yes, I use EIs here all the time! My favorite is probably the Reaper Smile since I use it in a lot of my avis.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 23:23:47 )
@Aisukohi: Oh - a fun little plant? Some tools? A gift card to a fun gardening center or nursery in the area? You could always ask somebody for suggestions on what to get her in terms of plants. Or you could corner her husband and confirm your suspicions and get recommendations that way?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 05:15:44 )
@Aisukohi: I like how you changed up your avi! :) I have a couple favorite EIs, but I'd need to look in my invo and see what their names are. I'm not familiar with Reaper Smile.
4 is a fun age. 4 is about the age my kids started pretending and using their imaginations a little bit.
There's so much support and knowledge now for kids with autism.

@Wildfire: I'm looking at postponed as good for now. It was an opportunity we took with a roofing company in our area, so, it's not an immediate need. I ended up going on a fun little shopping spree today with my roommate. lol. I found good books at our local thrift store and some really, really cheap baby stuff. I only bought 2 things from that pile of cheap things.

I'm about 5'5 to 5'6 as well. :p

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.