Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/12 19:17:37 )
@Wildfire: my husband is ending his long haul trucking. Quitting.
I found him a job here.
I just have one week of hell. My boss called to bitch me out and cut my 2 weeks notice to one week.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/12 20:36:08 )
@Koah: ...oh... OH! Is that a good thing, that your husband is quitting the long-haul trucking? How long will you guys stay with your mom, then, before moving back to your house?? Or have you made other decisions about your permanent residence? Is hubby excited for the new job?... and (hopefully) spending time with his family regularly?

Why did your boss bitch you out about giving your two week notice??

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/12 20:56:40 )
@Wildfire: my plan is to stick out at mom's until the school year ends. Hopefully send the husband ahead of me, so he can setup a job out there first.
He's breakin a contract, so the fee is ... Substantial. Hopefully worth it, for everyone's mental sakes. My son really misses him.
My boss turned in to a B---- because i put my 2 weeks in during a crappy time to do so. Holidays are busy. She chewed me out. /eye roll.
As mad as i am she felt the need to do that, i am hurt from her call.
I told her Originally i would stay until spring, however better paying jobs is better for me.
the worst part was that she nagged on me about the things i Haven't done. -sigh.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/12 22:56:55 )

Questing :
Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence: |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ 'pokes head in' hey all, how's it going... <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/13 14:19:23 )
@Koah: Ouch. I hope that the gamble (and, apparently the financial hit) pays off for you all... although it's hard to imagine that having your husband around won't be a positive change. I bet your son misses him a whole lot - not to mention your daughter or that little one of yours :3 I like your plan. I hope it works out well for everyone :3

I'm sorry your boss felt the need to give you grief over changing jobs. It's not a good managerial skill to vent at your underlings... particularly for something as normal as quitting for a better-paying job. It suggests that the boss is overwhelmed and stressed, and if she nagged you about things you didn't do, it also suggests a tendency for drama or dysfunction in that environment that you probably just haven't seen yet, so it's good that you're going (and not only for the raise). I hope the rest of your time "on notice" there goes smoothly.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/13 14:20:10 )
@star2000shadow: Hey Star.
Things are going ok over here. How are you doing today?

........................ I need coffee. LOTS of coffee. /dead/ Ugh.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/13 15:00:31 )
@Wildfire: you nailed my boss down pretty well.
She is dealing with a lot in her personal life and stressed with work too. I am glad im leaving.

We'll be living in a small space, and my husband has a big personality. So im nervous for that.

Coffee sounds amazing right now.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/13 15:06:10 )
@Koah: That kind of stress is not productive for anyone, and can be seriously detrimental for a Boss-type. I'm glad you're leaving too :3

LOL -

Coffee does sound amazing, doesn't it? I really should go find some more...

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/13 16:16:56 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Wildfire:
@star2000shadow: Hey Star.
Things are going ok over here. How are you doing today?

........................ I need coffee. LOTS of coffee. /dead/ Ugh.

Yeah..Coffee is great. I need to get some of that this morning myself, but first Im a do dishes, im just taking a breather while the first load drys so i can put it away. <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/13 16:55:44 )
@star2000shadow: It's important to pace yourself... especially before coffee! XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/13 17:16:13 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: true, i also ate breakfeast, 'contemplates' yep gonna make a pot of coffee 'happy wiggle' and we have creamer..'squee' <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/13 22:26:24 )
@Wildfire: the genie gif is 100% accurate. Lol!
My boss called out sick today. Cx. So i don't need to deal with her moody moods today. Thank God.
Im on Day 2 of double jobs. :d
My son is counting down until his dad is home.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 02:01:21 )
@Lotus: Lol. I would love to wrap it up. I just need to get like two co-worker gifts, and something for my brother whose coming for cmas dinner, but doesn't want gifts.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 02:02:29 )
@Wildfire: Right? Like I feel the same about the roadside billboards, maybe I just want to look at the trees as opposed to another ads for a sketchy law firm.

Anyways, how has your week been going?

We got our christmas tree up finally.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 03:11:16 )
@Koah: I'm glad you get a break from your boss' moods today!
LOL- your son really misses his dad! <3

@Rei Ann: me too! I really just don't like anything being pushed on me or in my face like that... I'd much rather look at the trees or the sky without stupid things getting in the way, trying to sell me things I don't want, don't need, and don't care about...
It's actually nice to know I'm not the only one... Must people seen to just accept billboards and ads as normal and expected instead of annoying and pointless...

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 14:57:28 )
@Wildfire: good morning.
Day 3 of my double jobs. -yawn-
Coffffeeeee

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/14 15:49:46 )
@Koah: good morning.
Yeah, I bet that you do want coffee right about now! How many more days of double jobs do you have left?

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 01:00:54 )
@Wildfire: My husband also think the same way. I just want less ads, not every second of the day has to be a sale chance.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 05:16:54 )
@Wildfire: just 3 more days. Baby's kickin my butt at night and my job is during the day.
I pick up my husband late tomorrow . Extra long day tomorrow.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/15 13:48:46 )
@Rei Ann: exactly. I'm sure you've seen the sci-fi movies where the "customized" ads pop up for the character as they walk down the sidewalk. I feel like we're not far from that, and I really don't want to go there...

@Koah: wow. Please make sure you're taking care of yourself too. At least maybe if hubby is home, he can take care of baby and let you get some sleep?!! Good luck, hon... <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.