Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 14:37:20 )
@Lotus: Oh, it's definitely time to do some research on that magical cabin in the woods... but when? Now, before Christmas, and leave the details to my guys (who tend not to see details of any kind /eyeroll/) or after the holidays, when camping season is in full swing here, or...?? LOL - I just answered my own question, didn't I? Maybe I'll make a trip up to the park I'm thinking about and have a chat with a Ranger to see what's available in the next week or so...

Yes, there were a few times where I had to hit my brakes harder and faster than I would have liked to avoid the other people in front of me, and a couple of times when the people behind me had to do the same to avoid hitting me because of the "flow" (or lack thereof) of traffic created by these people... and there was no real way of getting around them - every time the road opened up a little bit, the next traffic light would turn and traffic would get all bunched up again... and there was one or two of these oblivious, dangerous, confused drivers in every single lane of traffic, stopping any lane from moving reasonably. Add to it that my vehicle has one of those double clutch transmissions and couldn't figure out what gear to be in most of the time... It was horrible. Every part of that stretch of road was "jerky"... I would have rather been sitting in a real traffic jam like you find in the cities...

I'm glad that your cousin got out of the charges and situation!!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 15:10:16 )
@Wildfire: I say next week, be home in time for Christmas, and leave the guys to see just how much work you are putting in. xD
Sounds similar to the beginning of a movie called "Office Space" (the stop and go type traffic). Eesh, not sure if there are icy conditions where you are at the moment, but, that would also increase the danger.

I saw the announcement as well and I agree with you that Key may be onto something. Still keeping an eye out, have 22 pieces of evidence so far, but, nothing seems to make sense at the moment. Hopefully, something appears soon.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 16:00:03 )
@Wildfire: i actually just finished Wednesday. It was good. But also... Not?
the story was great. However, the show is marketed to teens and young adults and i guess, im not a fan of wednesday always being selfish and using her friends and yet her friends stick around? I don't get that.

We got hit with the stomach flu. My boys first and then my mom and now myself and my daughter. :<

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 17:47:02 )

Questing :
Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence: |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: How goes your winter? <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 19:28:26 )
@Lotus: I think this was worse than stop-and-go traffic, actually. And -lol- no... no icy conditions where I am... ever (I'm in central Florida)

I like how you think!! I did go out to run an errand this morning, but that turned in to a bit of a vehicular cluster **** too, so I never made it out to the park to talk to the Ranger. I'll see if I can do it online, but I've heard horrible things about the Parks' new reservation system recently, so that might not be the best idea right now either.

LOL. I do like Key's suspicion... but it could be anything, really. Time will tell whatever this "creature" is and what kind of event the Staff are starting for us :3 <3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 19:32:38 )
@Koah: lol... yes, there is all of that going on, and those are definitely the less-than-pleasant aspects of the show (which I also didn't understand; it was weird, actually), but I did find it vaguely entertaining for what it was :3

Oh no!! Tummy bugs are probably the worst... :( I'm so sorry you guys aren't feeling great and are having to deal with that. Is the worst of it over with at least, now??

@star2000shadow: ... winter? It's 77*F out there!! XD
How is your winter going so far??

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 20:04:44 )

@Wildfire: I'm doing good! Just got my vaccines updated (except tetanus, still gotta do that) so my arms are sore. Covid booster in one arm and flu & pneumonia in the other. Wheeee~ How are you doing? I did see you had some vehicle traffic related pains recently. o3o

Also I'm glad I'm not the only person thinking Krampus, lmao.

Oh! And thank you for the compliment on my avatar. <3 I found the ears and it went from there. :D I like yours! It looks so cozy.

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 20:16:23 )
@CooperationIsKey: lol... love how an entire avatar can be spontaneously built from one item that catches your attention! <3

Yeah... driving around here is really really stupid lately. I'm sure it's not much better where you are (and potentially worse, depending on where you are in the county)

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 20:24:27 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: it's actually going nicer then normal, normally winter bombs us the begining of halloween, but it waited until december first, and then it was a light snowing. so we haven't had any to the knee's snow yet. might be a nice winter where I can get outta the house. 'happy wiggle' <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 20:25:38 )
@star2000shadow: oh, I do hope you get a mild winter so you are not cabin-bound the entire time!! It sounds like it's starting off that way, so that's a good sign...

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 20:36:49 )
@Wildfire: im past the worst of it. I just need to figure out what i can eat. Im dealing with the hot and cold part and i just wanna sleep. I am so thankful im at my mom's. She's taken over baby duties while im recovering. <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 20:45:56 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Wildfire:
@star2000shadow: oh, I do hope you get a mild winter so you are not cabin-bound the entire time!! It sounds like it's starting off that way, so that's a good sign...

I hope so to, though i know it'll get colder next month, that tends to be when we get slamned the worst, but it might just take after our normal begining of winter, which wouldn't be to bad. and thank you for the hopes. their muchly appreciated. <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 20:59:43 )
@Koah: I'm so glad you're over the worst of it... and that you have help with the kiddos while you're "down"! :3 <3 I'm sure you know by now to listen to your instincts when it comes to food right after being sick... and to do tiny amounts, preferably of things that are really nutritious. I hope you feel better soon! <3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 21:00:39 )
@star2000shadow: Yeah, January and the beginning of February is usually the worst. At least by mid-February the sun starts to come out again...

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 21:04:41 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Wildfire:
@star2000shadow: Yeah, January and the beginning of February is usually the worst. At least by mid-February the sun starts to come out again...

This is true 'frowns at avi' trying to do a new christmas avi that looks cohesive 'makes face' am failing haha. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 21:41:56 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah and everything takes a toll mentally and physically. if I have a good day to get a lot done, next day or so have to be rest days.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 21:59:58 )
@star2000shadow: there's no one way to create a themed avi! What you have so far is cute :3

@MoodyB: that sucks, but I get it. I have days like that too sometimes.

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 22:05:42 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yeah. makes it a bit difficult for my work since I want to get work done fast for clients lol but some days it's just not in me.

though I did decide from now on I won't take work during end of the year. like October through December. That is now burnout season for me.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 22:24:55 )
@MoodyB: Yeah, believe it or not, I get that completely. It's not a fun feeling... but good for you, setting aside a set period of time to rest and recuperate! :3 <3 I should probably do something similar, but as "mom", it's really hard to take time off like that... :(

-------------> Event Chat Thread <--------------- ... although you're welcome to keep chatting here too. I'm assuming that the regular event rules apply and event currency awards will be higher if made in the event forum than in the regular forums...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 22:56:18 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: Yeah being a mom is very difficult. I am not a mom but essentially took the role of one
and split it with my sister after my mom was hospitalized.
I dont even know how some do it and work and everything else.
I know a popular artist who is a mom and also has adhd. it's a lot of work.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.