Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 14:49:26 )
@Wildfire: Good morning. I am doing well, about to make some coffee. n_n How are you doing?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 15:50:04 )
@Lotus: Coffee's good :3 I had my two cups already, and I was just out watering the garden... and apparently, testing the durability of the hose and the hose reel, and the connections between them... which broke. So, so far, my day has been interesting :3 XD

Do you have plans for the day?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 16:03:48 )
@Wildfire: Oh no! T_T My plans for today include getting some groceries for dinner tomorrow as tonight I have an idea planned, coming up with a Christmas or festive avatar, making a menu for Christmas food, and lastly, budget some money for gifts. n_n

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 16:33:45 )
@Lotus: That sounds like a productive day! :3 I should start thinking about the Christmas menu too... but not today. Do you have any ideas for the menu yet, or do you need to do some research? Or ideas for gifts? It can be so difficult sometimes to get good gifts for people!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 16:54:13 )
@Wildfire: I have a few ideas, I'll need to do some research once I hear back on what others have thought of bringing. In 2010 my cousin took note of things people said they like, and it will pay off if they still haven't gotten what they wanted yet, so I took that idea. Hasn't failed me yet. xD If I cannot afford what a person would like, I know that people enjoy homemade jarred dry ingredients with a recipe card (laminated) I fall back to if anything else doesn't come to mind, I like to include a card of what is inside the jar so they can choose to make the same thing again any time of the year they would like.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 23:50:02 )
@Lotus: Those are a couple really good ideas! I try to make note of things people say they want or need throughout the year, but it can be difficult to actually do that sometimes (at least for me), and foodstuffs and/or things that help people cook is usually well received too. I like the idea of including the recipe card :3 <3

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 13:33:08 )
@Wildfire: I keep the notes on my phone. (It's not uncommon for me to get random calls or texts for work, so it's easy for me to seem like I am replying to a text.) I am sure anything you give to someone, even as simple as a card is still meaningful to those you love. Thanks, the treat in a jar isn't a new idea or one I came up with, same with including a recipe card (I enjoy taking the extra step to laminate it, it makes sense for people who don't want their card to get dirty while they bake). n_n

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 14:05:23 )
@Lotus: Thank you, and yes. You're so thoughtful laminating the recipe like that! <3
Everyone usually likes the things I get them, but I'm having trouble this year finding something for a good friend, and my kids are proving to be a bit of a challenge since they are now young adults and everything they need they already have, and everything they want, they've either already bought for themselves or is too specialized or specific for me to get for them... XD

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 15:23:19 )
@Wildfire: No problem, I remember telling my friend that it was okay that she couldn't give me a present one year and that her presence was a gift. She thought I said presents. xD Every Christmas since has been us saying, "My present is my presence." to each other. n_n

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 15:49:13 )
@Lotus: that's pretty funny! <3

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 15:56:09 )
@Wildfire: How are you doing today?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 20:21:47 )
@Lotus: Right now, I'm tired. I need food, and to decompress a bit from attempting to drive around here doing a couple of errands that I needed to do.

... people were doing a fraction of the posted speed across all three or four lanes of traffic and randomly hitting their brakes, creating a traffic jam as well as various random hazards, complicated by the people trying to weave around them, creating more hazards. It was kind of amazing to see actually, how these different people in different vehicles managed to be doing pretty much the same stupid thing(s) across all 3-4 lanes of traffic for as long as they did (several miles), and how somehow, there was not an accident (that I saw). It was spectacularly frustrating; enhanced, no doubt, by the fact that I really needed to eat...

Yeah... where's that cabin in the woods with no distractions, huh?? XD

How are you doing today??

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 21:10:52 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: they don't even find my email lolol
just fill my dm.

I don't really eat Japanese foods. it's mostly Korean or Chinese. so I couldn't tell you lol.
tho I dont really eat Asian food often as I can't cook.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/8 22:38:50 )
@MoodyB: lol. Why don't you cook?

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 01:23:40 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: I didn't say I didn't.
I just can't.
i suck at it very much, and all my chronic illnesses prevent me from using much energy.
I normally have to choose easy meals otherwise i have to choose between shower that night, work, etc.
i can't do all of it.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 04:34:51 )

Questing :
Squirrel Away x2 | Untamed Outlaw | Song of Sixpence: |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ 'Pokes head in' Hello 'waves' <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 11:23:20 )

Hi I'm not dead o3o
Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 13:37:34 )
@MoodyB: Aaah... gotcha. I'm sorry to hear that you are that affected by your various things - that sucks :(
Cooking takes practice anyway, and you're right - it definitely takes energy.

@star2000shadow: Hello.
@CooperationIsKey: lol - I'm happy to hear that.

It has been a while since either of you have been around. Is everything ok? How are you doing? What's new?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 14:02:17 )
@CooperationIsKey: Your avi is looking super cute, btw <3 I really like "simple but interesting" avis :3

Well, I was going to open an event thread in the event forum to help us all earn as much currency as possible, but it doesn't look like the event forum is open yet.

You guys have seen the announcement, right?

...so creatures. This could mean anything. I really like your guess, Key, about Krampus, but it could be almost anything. It's a little late for Voltra's Reaping Ritual event, and a little early for the holiday event... I guess we'll find out what's going on eventually.

Any guesses??

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/9 14:11:36 )
@Wildfire: Time to do some research for that magical cabin. xD I am doing fantastic all things considered, thank you. n_n
Braking on and off randomly is an accident waiting to happen for anyone on the road. If you rear-end someone, you could be at fault for the damage. A similar situation happened to my cousin. The person hadn't had their car checked for issues they had. The money my cousin had to pay was a pretty big amount that she fought in court and all charges were dropped.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.