Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/27 00:23:07 )
@Wildfire: my sister and I spend months planning Christmas. So, now that it's over- it's almost like a void. But also a relief. And so quickly back to work. I just feel weird today. Lol. Mixed emotions.
It was a good Christmas Eve/Day. Even the 16 year old niece enjoyed it and played board games with the littles.
She did go to the safety of her room a few times, no judgement there.
How was Christmas there?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/27 13:59:08 )
@Koah: I can definitely see why and how it might feel a little strange to you if you're that quickly back to work after spending so much time prepping and planning! It sounds like you all had a good day, though, and that's awesome that the cousins played together, despite their age differences.

Christmas here was nice. It was very low key... just mellow. And cold. But mellow.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/28 02:38:10 )
@Wildfire: It should. How have you been these past few days?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/28 14:27:21 )
@Rei Ann: aaaah, I've been ok the last few days, thanks for asking. I have been chillin' mostly on the couch or at the computer, and just enjoying some much needed down time. I went for a walk with my son yesterday afternoon, and haven't been doing much otherwise. It has been lovely!

How have you been the last few days?

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/29 00:47:16 )
@Wildfire: That sounds like a chill last couple of days. Are you and the family doing anything for new years eve?

For me, just been going to work the last few days and relaxing with video games once home for the night.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/29 03:25:42 )
@Wildfire: The irony of my new situation...
I finally got my finances sorted out last night and were able to project a positive income. CX ~ actually put money in savings and pay debt off~
That's going on hold/pause for quite awhile.
So, the jobs I'm taking over for my mom since she's a workaholic... 3 babysitting jobs this weekend. Night jobs. Running her store during the day during the weekend.
and running her daycare from 7:30 to 5pm daily. o3o'
I'm a fluid 'go with the flow' person. I'm heckin' nervous but know it's the only option or my mom could lose her rental house. /sigh

Thankfully, my husband can be my stand-in at work for the next week on the schedule. Then he starts his new job.

/internal panic/

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/29 14:35:35 )
@Rei Ann: It has been a much needed couple of days of downtime to be sure!

New Year's Eve... hmmm... we talked about going to hear a concert/show (live classical music with dancing) at a local venue like we've done a couple times in previous years, but I'm not sure if hubby actually bought the tickets. If not that, then, we will probably do nothing other than try to console the dogs when the fireworks inevitably start going off. You - do you have plans for New Year's Eve?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/29 14:42:01 )
@Koah: Wow - that's a lot of different jobs and a lot of time spent working, doing one thing or another! It's good that hubby, at least, can help with the "real" job while you take on all of Mom's!! What then, though, after this week? Will she be able to go back to doing all her regular things, or will everyone still have to jump in and help out like this for longer? Will she be able to adjust her schedule to be more accommodating to her new needs?

This sounds crazy - I can see why you're doing a little internal panicking! I hope it works out for everyone without utterly exhausting everyone!! Good luck. Remember to breathe once in a while, huh?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/29 18:55:09 )
@Wildfire: yeah. I hope I adjust to the daycare job since its my mom's #1 income.
Today's kids are on the easier side.
Looks like i'll be doing this for about 5-8 weeks for my mom. Gotta make sure her financials stay stable. And her mental health.
She's a workaholic, so her jobs is her happiness.
I'll have to reapply to my new job once the dust settles and hope they'll still have me when the time comes.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/29 22:31:35 )
@Koah: That's a lot of dust to have settle. Maybe mom can help you out, even if she's not mobile... an extra set of eyes on the kids, for example - but only once she's recovered a bit and completely bored out of her mind (which, from the sound of things, will take about 2 days XD ) Good luck. That sucks that you'll have to reapply to your job, but everything about this situation just seems like a "there's a reason for it" kind of thing... so I hope it all works out in your favor :3 <3

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/30 17:13:49 )
@Wildfire: your avatar is so cute. C:
Well, my sister is my boss- so she's trying to keep me on payroll ... Which means, i'll be working from home in the evenings to keep my own income going. She told me last night. My new position is her secretary(essentially).
Since I know the labor side of the job, she's going to squeeze me into admin work. Cx
I'm glad my mom's available and texting/yelling down the stairs how to care for each child that shows up for daycare.
One parent is definitely scarred by the other day's chaos. He keeps bringing it up at drop off.
Today, i'm watching 5 babys/toddlers + My 3.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/30 18:58:49 )
@Koah: lol - your mom will be finding her way downstairs any minute now XD <3

Oh - that's cool that you two might be able to swing that job/role thing and keep you active and on the payroll, but that's going to be a LOT for you to deal with...

Five little ones, plus your 3, two of whom are a little older, doesn't sound too bad... and that parent must be pretty easily spooked! - what did he expect with an accident like that and all the last minute changes, etc. that needed to happen to deal with it?? XD

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/30 20:49:12 )
@Wildfire: change of plans, i have 3 one year olds and my 9 month old and the 2 older ones.
And then change of plans again, my sister had a meeting with her boss about my role. They decided to move me to the second location which is 2 blocks from my mom's house and i'll be their evening shift person.
(This was the OG plan before i got swept into the Xmas rush) so - plans might change again, but everything seems to be working out.
But ... Ill be working a lot. And kids wear me out more than anything ... So. OTL
Tis only temporary.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/30 22:07:26 )
@Koah: Holy moly! That's a lot to deal with... even if it's short-term. You do need sleep, ya know... and yeah, kids can be absolutely exhausting! Hopefully everything will work out. It sounds like you have a lot of support for you and your roles/jobs while you try to support your mom while she's injured... and that's pretty awesome, tbh! <3 I'll keep my fingers crossed for you regardless!

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/30 23:26:35 )

Hello everyone! I hope it's ok if I just pop in here X3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/31 00:19:48 )
@Yachiru: Yes, of course it's ok for you to just pop in here! Welcome! <3
How are you?
How did you find Voltra?
Are you having a good holiday season?

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/31 00:23:14 )

@Wildfire: Hi hi!! I had a fantastic holiday season =)! I am doing ok! I am actually going to reheat some chicken nuggets soon for my dinner. I also have an odd craving for applesauce! I actually have had this account since 2017! I recently came back from a long hiatus. So happy I did ;w;! I have missed a lot and am trying to buy a lot of items/trade some of what I have.

How about yourself? =D I am so sorry if I wrote a book I am kinda chatty today.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/31 00:30:10 )
@Yachiru: lol - no problem with the "book" ... really more of a synopsis! XD
I'm glad to hear you are having a good holiday season... and welcome back to Voltra after your stay away! I'm sure there are a lot of things that you've missed, but I"m also reasonably sure that you'll be able to acquire them! :3

I'm doing well, thank you.

So why were you away from the site for so long?...if you don't mind my asking??

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/31 00:37:28 )

@Wildfire: Thank you very much! I have had good luck so far! I'm so glad I was able to get what I did ;w;! I'm glad your holidays went well too! I'm hoping it will snow at least once. I like to make snow bunnies.

I don't mind you asking at all! Oh gosh looking back so many things happened...it was honestly more because of my personal life. 2017-2019 ( Please don't quote me I am awful with timelines) I suffered from stress seizures. I can't tell you how many stores I've fallen over in. I was always so afraid I'd scare children or something. So I of course had to work with that. I also was going through the process of a certain mental diagnosis that was very very difficult for me. Then aside from that I think I honestly forgot about this little site. I had so much going on and other things I was doing =(

I have learned that many avi sites have shut down. I was relieved to see this one was still up. When I was going through the list of avatar sites I remembered this one and bam here I am. I actually had forgotten what I had on here. I do remember participating in the summer event one year..that was a blast. Hoping to make this my home away from home. =) I apologize if that was to much info ;;

I am friendly ;A; just odd at times. Looking to buy Foxy Festival

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/31 14:32:39 )
@Yachiru: It sounds like you had a rough bit of time, there, but are in a better spot now. Congratulations on making that personal journey, and welcome back to Voltra... it is still friendly and fun, and fairly active.

Yes, a lot of avatar sites have shut down over the last few years... the "boom" seems to be over, which is a shame, imo.

I hope you get some snow so you can make your snow bunnies!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.