Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/20 15:30:49 )
@Wildfire: That is definitely a lot to get done on your side as well. I feel you about the hosting and dying on the couch. xD Every single year is always the same as well saying I will be prepared and then something goes off the tracks. T_T

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/20 19:47:09 )
@Lotus: Yeah, that's quite a list, isn't it? XD Most of the stuff listed above in my "today" list has been done... and hubby is dealing with the hutch/dining room now. I'll probably have to put everything back, though... and the kitchen is a mess, so I guess that's on my list now too. It never stops! @_@

It is crazy out there... do most people wait until the absolute last minute to buy gifts? Eeeesh!!

There's always something that goes awry, imo, but the trick is to not completely freak out over it. Some things just can't be controlled, and there's no point getting upset over it.

Are you feeling prepared? You seem to be...

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 01:15:40 )
@Wildfire: I hope so, guess nature or badly prepared food decided to steal time from me. I was super sick yesterday, like as a dog sick.

Right the squirrels be eating all the little pumpkins, or big ones we put out, so we stopped buying them to decorate our porch.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 13:42:37 )
@Rei Ann: Oh no- I'm sorry to hear you were so sick! Are you feeling better now, I hope?

Yeah, squirrels are annoying little things, aren't they? They definitely have a tendency towards anarchy and total destruction! I wonder if there's a way to deter them from certain areas or things...

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 15:37:14 )
@Wildfire: Happy to hear you weren't made to tackle it all on your own. <3 Freaking out over something that cannot be controlled can definitely be hard to manage at times. I don't think I'll ever feel prepared, I guess we will see eh? When it comes to last-minute things, I can imagine it would be for stockings or smaller things that are final touches, like candy or chocolates.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 21:13:43 )
@Lotus: Yes, it can be difficult to handle. Definitely!!!
It sounds like you're pretty prepared, tbh... probably more than you think you are at this point. I still have wrapping to do and a menu to finalize!! ... and I keep getting distracted with other things...

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/22 21:46:59 )
@Wildfire: Going through a checklist and it seems like I could be. I will have to ask my other half if I am missing anything. T_T

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/23 00:24:00 )
Omg it's been so cold today. -30 ish. Up to 0 and going back down to the negatives. D;

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/23 01:56:39 )
@Wildfire: I am feeling better today. I am so glad to have kicked the illness before cmas.

They can be, but like I think about how it's really their home outside, and we are the ones adding things to it.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/23 14:31:41 )
@Lotus: To me, it sounds like you're in pretty good shape for Christmas... and I hope that you are, so that you can relax a little bit :3 <3

@Koah: OMG... that is so cold! How are you even handling that? Stay safe, Koah... and warm!!
It is in the high 60°s here right now (66-70°). The forecast is saying a high of 45° tomorrow.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/23 14:31:55 )

@Rei Ann: Oh yeah... believe me, I don't like the idea of harming animals or removing their habitats, but these boogers are destroying my garden and eliminating the chances of us getting anything from all the time, energy, work, and money I've invested out there... If I had enough land to have a large garden, I wouldn't mind sharing... but I don't, so everything that they destroy is significant...

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/23 15:50:56 )
@Wildfire: how's your garden in such cold weather? 45 is low for there. o3o
We're surviving. Lol this town didn't rest during thay cold front yesterday. We still did errands, went to work and whatnot. X)

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/23 16:41:10 )
@Koah: Oh yeah... life still needs to be lived, regardless of the weather. There are usually few exceptions. XD

I just double checked the forecast here - it's supposed to drop to about 50°, and the cold front seems to be coming in with the rain that's (sorta) falling now. The garden will be fine. Or it won't XD It's really just the true tropicals that I need to worry about, and even most of them can withstand a day of freezing temps (and it's extremely rare that it gets that low here for longer than that). I need to make decisions concerning the garden really soon, though... I have at least one papaya that is probably ready to harvest, and really should go and harvest other things too, but I have been so focused on other things lately, and frustrated with the stupid squirrels destroying the things that are growing in the garden that... yeah, I'm frustrated. And it's icky outside. I dunwanna do eeet!! XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/23 23:40:21 )
@Wildfire: Well I have a huge giant yard with lots of tree, so like I'm kinda of asking about it. I also hate gardening, so as long as they let my rose bush live, thing I'm good.

I hope you can get them to back of your garden now.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/24 13:45:59 )
@Rei Ann: I'm a little confused... you're asking about the squirrels? I enjoy my garden -mostly. It's just frustrating when the squirrels take out a crop or destroy something that I've spent a lot of time trying to grow.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/24 13:47:31 )
@Wildfire: Thank you, it appears that you and I are going to be okay. Have yourself a magical and merry Christmas eve (and day). <3 My other half confirmed that everything seems okay after we checked stuff off the list. It's the holidays and we're all excited to see each again (some friends got covid last year and no one this year is sick or working.)

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/24 14:01:47 )
@Lotus: Oh that sounds like a lovely holiday get-together! <3 I'm so glad that you'll be able to reconnect with friends and enjoy your day. <3 I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and Christmas Eve!!

I still have a few things to do around here, but it shouldn't be that bad... and if it is, I'm just so "over" it at this point, it's not going to matter... XD

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/24 14:23:36 )
@Wildfire: Thank you, for what it is worth, you matter.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/24 14:48:35 )
@Lotus: Thank you, Lotus <3 You matter too!
And I realize I probably sound pretty stressed at this point... and I am, on a number of levels... but it's temporary and I really am ok. :3 ... and the stuff that might not get done? Meh - oh well. XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/24 14:49:29 )
@Wildfire: it might not be confusion it might be just loosing track of the thread or point.

I’m not sure, but I can say I think my heat is broken, cause yes sure it’s 4 degrees outside, but I have the heat set for 67 but inside my house is 47. I worry for my cats. What a great Christmas Eve gift to wake up to.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.