Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/24 14:54:03 )
@Rei Ann: lol... it's easy to lose track of threads and conversations when there's a gazillion of them going at once and sometimes pages and different conversations strewn in between XD

Oh no - I really hope your heater isn't broken! Double check your settings and whatever, maybe? *crosses my fingers for you*

The cats should be fine... they'll find a place to burrow and keep warm, and you can always put down a box with an old blanket or towel or something in it if you're that concerned for them :3 But I understand...

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/24 16:32:51 )
@Wildfire: Thank you. <3 I hope the stress dissipates soon and the fact you are trying, and pushing through makes you stronger.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/24 16:53:40 )
Hi how's it going? New here just figuring out the ropes.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/24 18:11:47 )
@Lunar Star: Hey Lunar, good seeing you in a hangout, how are you doing today? n_n

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/24 20:18:31 )
@Lotus: thank you... and yes, I suppose it does. Even if I don't need to be "stronger" ... I've had enough trials already ;) <3

@Lunar Star: Hi there. Welcome! How are you? How are you enjoying Voltra?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/24 22:47:29 )
@Wildfire: About that cabin trip we spoke of a while back, I’m still searching on my side, but, most are busy, guess we aren’t alone then eh? xD

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/25 00:43:49 )
@Wildfire: It's kinda of broken?

Thanks, turns out the whole reason our house might not be able to keep heat, is some coil, is hella clogged, and possibly moldy. Thanks prior house owners who never changed their filters. We got to learn this today, after waking up and the house being 47 degrees while set for 67. Then had to call an hvac company to come out on a holiday for some, to take a look and go, oh it needs this 6 hours cleaning, that we can't do or schedule for you until Tuesday, and say heat pumps just don't do great in weather like this, and left.

Yeah, our cats are doing that, but everytime they come to us, they are super cold. Also one cat has asthma, and cold weather can make that worse, so like worried about that for the kitty as well.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/25 01:46:35 )
@Lotus: yeah...I need to follow up with that. I was taking about the cabin earlier today too. I started the process of checking/reserving one a few times recently but kept getting called away and unable to follow up. I need to change that. Thanks for the reminder. I hope you can find one soon. And no, I don't think we're alone with this which is unfortunate.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/25 01:49:50 )
@Rei Ann: oh man, that sucks. I'm sorry. Are you able to keep at least relatively warm in these temperatures? I hope the kitties are ok

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/25 02:34:00 )
@Wildfire: We manged to get the house back to 67, using three space heaters, and I guess it's just being warmer. Now that it's dark, it's getting a bit too cold, but we are manging.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/25 13:34:47 )
@Rei Ann: I'm glad you're able to keep the house at least moderately comfortable. For what it's worth, the heat settings in my house as a kid over the winter didn't go higher than what you've got going on right now (~66-68°F)... but I was always cold anyway, so I get it that you'd probably like it to be a little higher. Good luck. I hope you are at least reasonably warm this weekend, with the chill, and get your "congested" system sorted out asap.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/25 20:30:18 )
Merry Christmas ! <333

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/26 02:15:31 )
@Wildfire: Well we keep it set at 67 even when it works, to keep our bills low. But I just still find that cold, but I got blankets. It's just I feel that socks and long sleeves are very restrictive clothing, and I hate them, so warmth = not wearing those.

Anyways, Merry Christmas, how ur day going?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/26 14:34:25 )
@Koah: Merry Christmas! <3 How was your day?

@Rei Ann: Well, I hope you get the heater situation sorted out regardless, but it does sound like you should be accustomed to dealing with those temperatures if that's where you set the thermostat anyway. I agree though, 67°F is a bit cold... :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/26 19:14:22 )
@Wildfire: I just want to get the heater fix, our else our electric bill is gonna be over 500 for the month. Cause the heater won't stop running.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/26 19:16:14 )
@Rei Ann: oh ouch! I really hope you can get it fixed ASAP!

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/26 19:18:39 )
@Wildfire: Right, at least it's suppose to go back up to the 60s this weekend. Sure it means people like me will get sick from the sudden weather change, but it does mean I can use less power to try and heat the house, and prevent a bad bad bill.
Rei's Quest
Please ping me.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/26 21:47:10 )
@Wildfire: sucks Christmas landed on a weekend. I worked friday, did Christmas Sat & Sun and then ... Mon is here and im at work again. XD
It was a full weekend. Good gifts, lots of food, and eager children.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/26 22:04:43 )
@Rei Ann: hopefully that will give you some relief and comfort

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/26 22:05:36 )
@Koah: was it this overall though? It definitely sounds busy!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.