Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 01:31:23 )
I thought I replied here the other day, but I guess not lol.

@Wildfire: Aw, I hope the move goes well for your son. And I hope you're doing well also, despite your recent events.

@Koah: Your raccoon story sounds hilarious, but I'd also be salty especially since it was a near-full bag of marshmallows. xP I see you changed up your cowgirl avi, and I love it!

@Purpsy: Honestly camping can be really fun if you have the right conditions. I was just unlucky, I guess. Also in the same trip with the raccoon, it was rainy and cold most of the time we were there, so we ended the trip early because we were all miserable lol. Seriously though, you should totes try camping sometime!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 04:05:20 )

@Aisukohi: Maybe, but as someone who can't even tolerate any kind of bugs especially flying nope ones, let alone animals.
I do want to give it a try but with a partner or with a group. I can imagine it as a peaceful trip away from the crowds and noise from the usual city life.

And btw I love your avi so much

@wildfire: Hehe it is the start of the weekend so... *sips tea*
Never heard of that one before. Might give it a search. I honestly just been browsing on YT majority of my day and covering myself with my blanket.
Cold days just gives me more reasons to lay down more =w=

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 15:04:11 )
@CooperationIsKey: I was too lazy to make soup yesterday... I made the broth - that was it. I will probably put something resembling soup together for today... and soon (the crockpot is my preferred method for making soup most of the time). I was going to make chicken soup, but there wasn't enough meat left on the carcass, so it'll probably end up being some kind of bean soup. Or maybe I'll go get a couple chicken legs or something to use (I don't think we have anything like that, that I could use, in the freezer atm)

I know what you mean about not wanting to walk around with a lot of cash in your pocket, but some of the risk in doing things like that depends on your path to/from the bank, and your attention to your surroundings, tbh... but yeah... it's not a fun experience and I'd be a little miffed too. :3 Good luck!!!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 15:09:29 )
@Aisukohi: Thank you. It seems to be going well and he seems to be enjoying it so far, but it's a biiiiiiig move on all levels. He texted me last night "I can't feel my legs and my coffee is cold, straight out of the pot". I snickered at him. XD And I'm doing ok, thank you. This move of his has been a lot for me to deal with in a very short period of time...

@Purpsy: My sense of time and days has been seriously off, I've been in such a whirlwind the last week... but yes, I suppose it is the weekend, isn't it? It's a cute anime, but there are only 4-5 episodes ATM.
It sounds like you're having a relaxing time of things... that's good, right?
How cold is it right now, where you are?

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 15:48:14 )
@Purpsy: You could always try "glamping", which is when people use trailers instead of tents, plus other tech that might not be traditional for camping. I like being out in nature, but only for so long lol. I've spent most of my life close to cities and suburbs, so kinda used to that. Also, thank you! <3 I meant to say that I love your soot sprite flob, or whatever you'd call it in your posts lol.

@Wildfire: I can imagine it's a lot. *hugs* I'm glad you can find something to laugh about though. <3 How's your morning going so far? I've gotta get some coffee going and find something to eat. I've got plenty here, just have to decide what.

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 16:06:21 )

@Wildfire: Well she's decided to run me to the bank this morning but she's charging me an "uber" fare of $10. -_- Which I mean is less than an actual uber but wtf. Sigh.

And gosh soup sounds so yummy. It's nice and cold (by florida standards at least) today so it's a good day for it!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/4 16:19:34 )
@Aisukohi: Well, if I can't at least laugh at my FL-native son jumping in to the cold WY winter... in February... what can I laugh at?

My morning so far is going ok. I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee and just made some oatmeal for breakfast. Hubby is cleaning up the kitchen and I'll go start some soup when he's done and I have a place to work :3 How are you doing today?

@CooperationIsKey: ROFL... your roommate has something else going on in her brain, doesn't she? Odd change of arrangement, imo...

I've decided that I'm going to make an Italian white bean and spinach soup in the crockpot. It should be good for a day like today, and once the initial prep work for the soup is done, there's not much left to do, so it will make my night easier... in terms of cooking and dishes at least.

LOL -yeah... it's what... about 50° here today ATM? Definitely "chilly" by FL standards! My son is dealing with ~10° and my family in New England is dealing with something along the lines of -5°. FL in February is so weird. ... and my plants don't know whether to roll up and die or to bloom with all this ping-ponging of temperatures we've had this year (more than usual, imo) XD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/5 13:31:57 )

Ugh. Good morning.
I was nodding off on the couch by 8pm last night (possibly even before that). I just could not keep my eyes open. I slept until about 7am. That's 11 hours. Eleven Hours of sleep. Holy carp, that doesn't happen very often! Obviously, I was pretty tired and needed the sleep, but still... 11 hours?!! Right now, I'm hoping some coffee shakes off the residual sleepiness, because I have stuff to do today, and at the moment, I almost want to go back to bed! :3

What's going on with you today so far?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/5 14:27:14 )

@Aisukohi: Ooh there's a term for that? I would but someone has to drive for me
I do want to camp somewhere that's not too deep into the forest and very close from other people for my first time though.

@wildfire: Well the temperature lower down since yesterday as is currently 2℃ but feels like -2℃. It was a lot colder yesterday
Lol I slept more than usual yesterday also! I think I pretty much snooze off the entire afternoon and woke up around 9 and I was still incredibly sleepy and kept having small naps several times. But I've been doing nothing but sneeze yesterday and today this craazy weather is triggering my allergies.

I'm contemplating if I want to do some laundry today or tomorrow other than that, there's an anime I got started watching yesterday that I may continue later~ How's your morning fairing so far?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/5 14:41:04 )
@Purpsy: good morning. :3 My morning is... going? Uhhh... I'm still sipping on coffee and trying to motivate myself to get up and do things, like tackle cleaning out all the stuff my younger son has shoved in his truck right now ([1] to reclaim our camping gear [2] to prepare the truck to go to a mechanic), or like do some menu planning, or to even just go for a walk!

The crazy weather here is triggering my allergies as well, but FL is pretty much in "Spring" right now, despite the temperature fluctuations we're still having (apparently it's chilly out there again today instead of the beach weather it was just a couple days ago). I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling it too. Feel better :3

Oh - which anime are you watching?

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/5 15:45:55 )

@Wildfire: Ooof I hope that caffeine gives you the energy kick to get those stuff done.
Well it is warmer I would like to experience that spring-like weather soon but I still have another month of this freezing weather 'till then.
Thank you, well it stop having that itch now so maybe I'm getting better

Oh and the anime I'm currently watching is Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru. It's a slice of life/romance and so far is alright. Just one of those chill anime you just want to relax and not ponder too much to with also mid rating on MAL.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/5 17:05:07 )
@Purpsy: MAL...? I'm glad you're enjoying the anime so far. I know what you mean about finding something that's just "chill" and doesn't take brain power. I'm in that kind of mood too, tbh... despite the four (yes, 4) cups of coffee. I feel like I could lie down and nap... UGH. I don't think I'm going to attempt dealing with my son's truck today. At this rate, even going for a walk isn't terribly likely to happen (partly because of my fatigue; partly because the oak trees are definitely blooming and turning everything yellow with their pollen).

Have you decided whether or not you're going to do laundry today, or anything else? Or is it likely to be another anime day for you?

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/5 17:05:23 )
@Wildfire: Oh wow, way out there, huh? I've never been there, nor do I know what to expect other than what you said--cold. xP I kinda disappeared yesterday and was a total couch potato. Today's looking like about the same. Oatmeal sounds yummy. I forgot we bought this coffee concentrate from an Asian food store, so tried it with some ice and half and half and it's delicious! Going to have to remember to take a picture of this bottle to buy in the future. Soup sounds like a fabulous choice too. What kind did you end up making? All I've had so far today, besides coffee, was a bite of a white chocolate chip lemon cookie, which I wasn't expecting the lemon, so that put me off since I wasn't feeling like lemon in the moment. Then took a few bites of this chocolate turtle cake my guy brought home last night that I didn't get to eat since I was too full from dinner. Think I'll re-heat some chicken for lunch later.

@Purpsy: lol yep, there's a term for not exactly roughing it in the wilderness. xD I'd like to go camping again sometime, maybe this year, but gotta get the equipment first, which is expeeeensive. How's your day going?
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/6 00:18:14 )

@Wildfire: MAL as in My anime list at least that how they shorten it on their website.
Well maybe that's a good call if it's something that's not urgent for you to do. Allergies are just the worst

I did watch a few episodes this morning then got some minimal stuff done but the rest of the afternoon 'till now I was drawing while watching some movies. For some reason I've been feeling some soreness on my left hand all day. Like around the joints and kind of hurts while I lift something quite heavy I'm not sure why.

And goodness 4 cups of coffee How are you still alive and not crashing right away!?

@koah: True, I nearly forgot about the equipment and the only one I have check off are sleeping bags xD
Which this is maybe weird but I'm using it as a bed cover for my daybed... I don't really have a perfect cover that's not too big for it yet...
And my motto is if it works why bother buying a replacement

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/6 00:25:11 )

@wildfire: Wow, I guess you did need the sleep, lol.

I've had one of those days where I just am not interested in anything. Super overwhelmingly bored. Bleh.

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/6 14:35:02 )
@Aisukohi: Yeah... waaaaay out there. In February. Definitely cold... which was a little bit of a challenge trying to equip him for (especially with physically demanding work and durability of things in mind) ... from Florida... at the end of the winter (clothing) season.

There's nothing wrong with being a couch potato once in a while. I just spent the last couple of days doing exactly that! XD

I ended up making a white bean and spinach soup. It was really good, tbh....

@Purpsy: gotcha - "MAL" was just not an acronym I recognized :3

I ended up going to breakfast (hubby's idea) and then taking the dogs to the park for a little bit. I made dinner (black beans, rice, plantains)... and ... I don't think I really got anything else productive done, tbh. :/ ... despite the 4 cups of coffee, which normally would be enough to have me flying around the house like a hyper maniac!

... just your one hand? You must have twisted it weirdly or something without realizing it? It could be a number of things, actually... but I hope it's not feeling stiff and sore any more :3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/6 14:36:46 )
@CooperationIsKey: Yeah, I apparently needed the sleep. Wow. LOL XD
Oh, I hate days like that where you just can't manage to get interested in anything. I hope things improved for you on that level :3
Got anything planned for today??

... and good morning, everyone. :3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/6 15:03:39 )

@Wildfire: I take taking on walks counts as a productive activity especially when you have too much caffeine on your system
But sounds like a chill Sunday for me :3 Honestly that was my first thought also. I often sleep on weird positions often and I got the feeling I slept on this hand and got squished or something. But it was gone after I took a late afternoon nap.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/6 15:44:00 )
@Purpsy: lol - yeah, the walk/dog park was fairly productive... and I wasn't feeling wired with all that caffeine in my system for some reason. It was actually kind of weird...

I'm glad your hand is feeling better :3

Got anything going on today?

I need to run a couple small errands and then do some work on the computer. I should also probably start thinking about menu planning and grocery lists...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/6 16:16:18 )
Good Morning.

I have quite a few notifications to catch up on, I logged off for the weekend to work and spend time with friends. :d

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.