Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries SECRET ART EXCHANGE 2021 [gifts posted!]

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 04:08:00 )

@Goblin: it will be quiet for me too. I already did Christmas with my family after thanksgiving since we don’t live near each other and I was in England to see my husband’s side. We got home just in time before the outbreaks were bad.
So Christmas will just be us two. Which is fine with us. I’ll make food for Christmas Eve and Christmas. I feel like I haven’t even thought of New Years yet. I feel like I should look back on all I’ve done this year and think about what I would like to do in 2022. For sure my biggest accomplishment was getting able to get my two shots. Long story short I have PTSD related to needles and medical staff. I was able to overcome it. I was in therapy for it before the pandemic.

Donator — Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 12:31:04 )
@totalanimefan: Hey, Total :) Oh yeah, I didn't realise it was the solstice here until you mentioned it xD It can get way too hot though; I'm melting from heat

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 13:56:57 )
@Hachi: I completely dropped the ball on signing up for this. Oops. It's probably for the best though, since I've been stupid busy lately.
I'm sure you're going to get some awesome artwork and fun surprises out of this though. Last year was a lot of fun :3

Good luck to everyone who is participating! Happy Holidays!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 17:32:06 )

@Jessamine: Oh no, do you have a fan or AC to help you be cooler? If not a cold shower works.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 19:42:09 )

@Hachi:
Uhh... I'm willing to try and draw anything, but I'm mostly good at portraits and more human-esque things. But I'll give everything a try lol. My weaknesses are definitely anthro and mech type things, though.

@totalanimefan & @Goblin
Thank you! I appreciate the compliments, I always have a hard time feeling good about my work.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 20:57:30 )

@Fizzgig: The first piece that you posted I would totally commission from you <3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 04:24:36 )

@Fizzgig: awesome, I've added you to the list. thanks for helping out!

@Wildfire: no worries, maybe next time haha

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 04:30:31 )

why aren't freezer rooms built to be foolproof. ALDKFJ WHY MUST IT LOCK
surely there is no need. just lock the whole establishment

@Totalanimefan: haha the graduation requirement is a research project and publication. that's the average time it takes, although theoretically it could be shorter or longer.
I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. I assume it wasn't covid since you didn't mention it asldkj but I imagine it must be stressful to be sick with anything right now bc of the possibility...
what kind of food will you be making for christmas?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 06:33:34 )

@Hachi: oh lord that sounds like a lot. Do you even know what you want to do the paper on? And how long until that is your only ‘class’?
It wasn’t COVID. I actually had a test the day before I was sick. (Started getting the sore throat about 2 hours after the test) so there is no way that was Covid. The test can detect it before you have symptoms. Also it is pretty much gone now and I didn’t go anywhere since I’ve been home. Lol
I’m glad I had the test or I would have been so worried. It’s impossible to get a test in the DC region right now. Too many people are in need of one.
For Christmas I’m keeping it simple. Ham, Sweet Potatoes, carrots, dinner rolls and home made gravy. ^^
What about you?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 13:43:03 )
@Hachi: yup - maybe next time. :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/26 17:22:42 )

@Totalanimefan: I'll be done with didactic courses after Year 2. I'm looking forward to it bc juggling both has been difficult
I have a general area I want to work on but no specifics haha.. I'm hoping it'll reveal itself in time

it's good that you were able to get a test! yeah over here if you want a test, it's like a 3 day wait minimum. or you can shell out $150, which is.. yikes
I hope that diagnostics become more available and more affordable.. I feel like it would give me significantly more peace of mind about hanging out with people..

the food sounds really tasty I hope you had a good time!
I spent christmas with my dad. he made steak! on new year's, we'll go to my sister's house.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/27 00:08:05 )

@Hachi: so after the normal ‘classes’ are finished will it be less stressful? Will you have more time for things?
Wow that’s so expensive. Are there no tests being given out by your local governments? In DC you can pick them up from the library and they aren’t that expensive. Testing should totally be commonplace. It’s important to do before meeting others. In England they were free from the pharmacy. You just went and picked them up from their version of a CVS or Walgreens.
Yes I did. Yesterday actually felt like Christmas which was nice. My husband and I opened each other’s gifts and we mostly just spent it inside together. We made the food I talked about and it didn’t turn out bad. Just something is off with my oven and the temp was all over the place. Sometimes too hot and sometimes too cold. Steak is always good. Will there be any special new year’s food at your sister’s?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 19:36:36 )

@Totalanimefan: I hope so! that's what I hear from older students. I'm a lot more comfortable in research than in classes, so I imagine that it'd be less stressful for me at least.

they do have free testing centers, but it's a long wait (or a long drive...). I haven't heard about getting at-home test kits yet, or maybe they are very limited? I wish we could get free test kits at the pharmacy in the states 😩

that sounds nice! what kind of gifts did you get for each other?
my sister promised a big fancy meal bc she knows I've not been eating properly bc of school haha.... (and I suck at cooking) I asked for a crepe cake, I've never tried one before

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 19:41:03 )

there's like less than a week left to submit your artwork if you haven't already ⏱ 👀

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/29 20:03:26 )

@Hachi: You only have to make it until then!
Oh I see. I saw on Twitter today that the tests being giving out at the library in DC are free? I'm not totally sure since I haven't needed to get one. Got tested in England 3 times (which wasn't free lol) and I literally have not left my house since landing. I even get my groceries delivered. lol
I hope that your area is able to get more testing. We ran out of kits last week here, but this week they are just barely keeping up with demand. And there are long lines.

I got some skincare that I bought in England (cause it's cheaper there than here) and also Big Brain Academy for the Switch. I got my husband a belt, some longe pants and some nice stone coffee mugs he wanted. Having a good meal after not having one in a long time is wonderful!

Voltie — she Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/30 22:57:40 )
aww this is so cool! I wish i had seen this sooner!!

Donator — Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/1 23:22:45 )
I finished my art <3

@totalanimefan: Thanks for the suggestions! :) Yeah, I have an AC xD It helps a bit. It’s getting a little cooler now, but goes between periods of temperature. Generally around summer season in Australia, it’s very humid and hot. It’s a desert practically anyway, so yeah… D;
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/2 01:45:58 )

@Totalanimefan: how much did the tests cost in England? I'm curious
yeahhh I went to get tested a couple days ago and the line was so long even though I had an appointment. honestly it made me uncomfortable haha, that's like the most people I've been around in like 2 years, ironically at the test center

this is unrelated but related to groceries, I remember some time ago you mentioned you had a cooler backpack to do your grocery shopping with. do you have links/recommendations? 👀

ohh how is the new big brain academy? I used to play the DS version SO MUCH when I was younger

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/2 01:47:05 )

@Ryume: I'm sorry you missed out! maybe next time! this thread usually pops up around mid-November.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/2 02:53:11 )

@Jessamine: Summer time is no joke and the earth only keeps getting warmer.

@Hachi: First one was 70 pounds each and the ones before we left were 40 pounds each. That's not the price that British citizens pay. Their's is through the NHS. So it's normally free.
I would not feel comfortable waiting in line at all. I had to wait in line for my COVID shot and it was like a 20 min wait and all I could think of was that I'm going to get COVID from this line lol
Yes I do have a cooler backpack and I love it. I will link you to my exact one if they still sell it. Warning, it's not cheap, but it's been a year and it doesn't even have any signs of use and I use it a lot. Ugh it seems they don't sell my exact model anymore. But here is the same brand's updated version REI Hydro Flask Cooler
My one looks like this but in black Old Version
If you wanted to look around the internet for one from another outlet or 2nd hand, good for it.

I like the new game a lot! I kinda wish it had another mode that wasn't just one min long? Sometimes I want to try and focus on getting good at a mini game but it's always a one min training, but being said I got the game for $15. Can't complain. I used to play the old one on the DS a lot and this one is like an updated version of that. ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.