Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2021: Restless Slumber ┤▒├ Wild's Wacky Wilderness of Weird

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 00:50:10 )

@Wildfire: Yup but then I've seen weirder plants...
Let's just agree that nature can be downright freaky xDD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 02:13:40 )
@Purpsy: nature is definitely interesting... and bizarre...

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 02:41:25 )
@Purpsy: I actually got my niece a vinyl of Hamilton. So I'm sure on Christmas day sometime, I'll be hearing all the songs on her record player. :3
I love your festive avi! :D

@Wildfire: I love your mini tree. It looks great. The gifts make me happy. Are those dinos on the wrapping paper? I can't tell.
I'll have to see what goes into making a rug. I'm more of a quilt person. :O I should really try and fix my sewing machine.
My son is inlove with the quilt I made when I was making him, and it's massive, he drags it around in the morning.

I'll share a pic of my tree probably tomorrow sometime. :d i got my decorating stuff out, I just need to decorate it.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 13:32:04 )
@Koah: lol - thanks. It's a cute little thing this year, and it looks completely dwarfed by the high ceilings, but it will do :3

I thought this wrapping paper was hilarious to use for my adult sons. I don't think they even noticed XD

You need to post a photo of your tree when you get it set up!! :3

Quilting is amazing, imo... but I don't think I would have the patience for it. I'm not much in to sewing - it's purely a functional means to an end for me - but I can definitely appreciate the creativity that goes in to quilting!

Good morning everyone BTW :3

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 17:05:38 )
@Wildfire: lol I love the Christmas dinos. :D Good choice in cheerful wrapping paper. :3

I've been busy this morning. I drove my daughter to the bus, drove the roommate to work, and got a coffee. Got my mail and sat and started finances.
December is rough for finances.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 17:48:21 )
@Koah: the Christmas dinosaurs are fun, aren't they? I thought my boys would get a kick out of them, but they haven't commented...

Yes, December tends to be tough on the finances... :(

So how are you doing today?

I went to the dentist this morning - they're putting in a crown (joy. /eyeroll/), and I'm running around with a temporary in now, but everything went well. I'm still numb, but not too bad. Mostly, I'm just tired. It's amazing how tired sitting through something like that can make you, even if you're doing nothing but sitting there. Of course, I didn't sleep well last night either, so that's also a contributing factor.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 18:07:53 )
@Wildfire: Well I'm glad I noticed and commented. <3 lol! :D
Your boys might just be doing that thought process of "mom's just being mom" kind of attitude. -shrugs-

yeah, finances will even out next month, I suppose. My husband brought up some college classes he wants to take for work, extra expenses. So that's making me itch to go back to work, so we don't have to struggle and stress money. But, I won't be able to work for a bit now. I always get itchy to work when our finances aren't balanced.

OH crowns suck! :C But at least they can fix the tooth.
The last couple days, I've had that tired from sitting feeling.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 18:27:27 )
@Koah: Yeah, probably. They know I'm a goofball. Even if they won't admit it, they enjoy it :3 XD
At least they can fix the tooth :3
Yeah... that's a weird feeling, isn't it? Especially when you're used to being up and active. I usually take it as a sign that I just need a break, whether or not I think I do. You have been working on a lot of things lately - do you just need a break, maybe?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 19:06:25 )
@Wildfire: I definitely do, my stress apparently carried to my husband. He called me from the clinic. [thought he was at work]. He's having stress-related hives. XD I can't help but laugh at his misery because I've told him for 2 weeks that he's stressed and his body is acting out and he refused to believe me because "I don't feel stressed" he's been saying. lol. His body ALWAYS reacts to stress. The roof issue last Monday was the cherry on top for him. But he can't see that.

I meal prepped Monday, so I'm sitting here eating a good breakfast burrito thanks to past me. C:

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 19:23:18 )
@Koah: lol! Awwww... poor hubby!! <3 Maybe he'll listen to you now, though? Hives are a pretty obvious physical reaction! I hope he feels better soon :3 ... and go you! <3 So what did you meal prep? You're reminding me that it's lunch time here and I really should eat... but although I'm hungry, I'm not in the mood for finding, cooking or eating anything. Part of that though is the novacaine (whatever they used) wearing off... Maybe I'll go find a protein shake thing.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 19:34:35 )
@Wildfire: I'm never hungry after dental appts. Between painkillers and numbing stuff..

I had made scrambled eggs with salsa and hot sauce with breakfast sausage, it's all mixed together and refrigerated, so all I gotta do is microwave it on a tortilla with some cheese and wrap it. Let it cool and eat. :3

Years ago, when we adopted my husband's baby sister, he had just gotten out of the military. He had massive back spasms and stiffness everywhere. Went to the clinic, the nurse asked. "Any major life changes lately?" He said no, and I laughed until tears came down, then I had to calm down enough to tell the nurse our recent story and She laughed too!
So ever since then, when he starts complaining about stiffness, I go "you're stressed."

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/9 19:44:48 )
@Koah: That sounds yummy. I'm glad you thought ahead and can now have a nice breakfast.

LOL at your poor husband! It sounds like he needs to start paying attention to his body and its signals more. At least you seem to have an idea of what's going on with him, even if he doesn't recognize it, so that's a start :3

Yeah - I haven't taken anything for pain (I prefer not to unless it's really unbearable) and I am hungry but don't really have much of an appetite, and I really don't want to move my mouth right now. Ugh. ...maybe I'll make a mushy sweet potato... :/

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 00:16:47 )
@Wildfire: Guinness counts when it comes to toothaches! lol!
My dad kept insisting when my son was teething to rub whiskey on his gums. [I didn't], but it makes me laugh to think about.

mushy sweet potato sounds amazing. <3

My washer is now installed and I'm doing my first load of laundry in it. C:

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 01:34:33 )
@Koah: lol. It definitely counts when it comes to tooth pain! XD Whiskey on gums for teething is such an old school remedy! <3

I didn't do the mushy sweet potato, but it's likely to become my breakfast tomorrow... especially if I'm still in pain like I am tonight.

Congrats on the new washer! I hope it's all you hope it to be :3

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 02:18:40 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

oof i totally missed the event!! do you think i could still get items if i post in the daily threads

how has everyone been??

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 02:53:45 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@wildfire: hi wild!! how were your holidays?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 13:12:51 )
@xvz: Hey you! How have you been? Yeah, you still have a couple days to collect the currency and maybe get yourself a bundle. I doubt they're still giving out prizes for the daily threads but you could check. I think one or two of them are still open for entries to the contests, maybe??? You can also try doing the puzzles, or playing black jack for the dream keys.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 13:14:15 )
@xvz: my Thanksgiving was quiet, which was very good. How was your holiday? Did you do anything? Are you ready for Christmas (or whichever winter holiday you may celebrate)?

Good morning everyone!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 16:10:50 )
@Wildfire: Good Morning.
How's your tooth doing today?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 16:11:09 )

Morning *yawns*

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.