Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2021: Restless Slumber ┤▒├ Wild's Wacky Wilderness of Weird

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 17:58:47 )
@Koah: Your dogs are so funny! I'm glad he was ok and didn't find the mean neighborhood dogs! <3

I think I love your habanero! XD We had success with them here a few years ago... it was about the only thing that would grow in full Florida sun... and boy did they ever grow! o_0 I'm impressed with your little dude growing new buds!

@Purpsy: Exactly - we are coming from the opposite sides of similar experiences :3 I could never go back to dealing with snow and freezing temperatures all winter long!

Sometimes the avis that just seem to appear are the best ones. :3

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 18:12:02 )
@Wildfire: lol, I taught my son how to make dried and flaked peppers with his habaneros about 2 months ago.
I taught him how to make dinner the other night. I came back from a restroom break and he was dumping his habanero flakes into our chicken and rice for dinner. XD He loves spicy.

I love my dogs, they are a lot like oversized toddlers. They get into everything, sass back, and do what they want.

@Purpsy: Thank you. I'm having an avi crisis, where I know it looks fine, but I wanna change it because it's not what I wanted. lol!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 18:34:55 )
@Koah: LOL! <3 That sounds a lot like my youngest... XD
Dogs are definitely a lot like little kids - don't know limits, rebel against instruction, want cuddles all the time, etc. <3

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 19:18:26 )
I got my Christmas bins inside from the garage. My roommate really slid a lot of his 'garage stuff' from his old place into the garage unnoticed. I had to work my way around his stuff to get to my storage things. :O
I'm worried, he brought a lot of side project stuff to work on- but... i just can't imagine him getting to those projects. He has a small collection of kids' sized motorbikes that are in super rough condition.
It's like people who love crafting: have a lot of supply and plenty of projects, but don't actually get around to it.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 19:24:03 )
@Koah: I'm glad you found your Christmas stuff... even if you had to navigate around your room-mate's extra stuff. Maybe he'll surprise you with his projects? Or maybe not. I get the having craft stuff and not getting to it bit though... it seems like whenever I have time and mental/creative energy to work on a project, there's too many other adult things that need to happen... and guess what wins most of the time? Yep - the dishes, the laundry, the appointments, the whatever... It irks me to no end, tbh.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 19:31:03 )
@Wildfire: I'm totally guilty of craft-hoarding too. OTL I have bins of fabrics for sewing and since I haven't had the energy to fix my sewing machine, I haven't done anything at all with that stuff.
Or like you said, I get energy but household stuff comes first. Dishes, cleaning, etc. :O

I just tried drawing on my tablet and my hands are still cold from being outside a lot this morning. XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 19:51:52 )

@Koah: Ugh I get that TwT
You'll just never be satisfied~

heh get it? Hamilton joke... yeahi'llshowmyselfout...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 19:55:43 )

@Wildfire: Yep yep~
But no matter where you live Christmas is still Christmas ^^

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 20:27:39 )
@Koah: Yeah, I have a couple boxes of yarn from when I was knitting while sitting with the kids when they were doing their schoolwork to keep them on track and actually working (and that was a few years ago at this point!), a couple boxes of fabric for my braided rugs that I was doing and then got stalled in favor of nice weather and trying to prepare the garden. There's an unfinished painting (or two or three) on my easel(s) that has been there for FAR too long... a couple paper mache projects that are mid-process and currently ignored. Then there's the bottles that I want to use for a couple different things... and my calligraphy and paper-making supplies.. and who knows how many sketchbooks running around with like three drawings in them. And the tablet for digital work... and I want to do all of it... but the damn dishes!! XD And I can't seem to do the creative stuff when there's a household mess - it just sucks my attention! /dead/

I remember the feeling of perpetually cold hands. It's not my favorite sensation, that's for sure. I hope they warm up soon and you get a chance to draw some! :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 20:29:11 )
@Purpsy: Yes, Christmas is still Christmas, but decorating palm trees with "icicle" holiday lights is more than a little surreal... as is having a completely different kind of pine tree than natively grows here sitting in our living room with gifts underneath it XD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 21:03:16 )

@Wildfire: Ooh you get the real ones? Pine trees are everywhere here xD
Sadly my family won't be putting up our Christmas tree this year. Our living room is currently a mess since we're re-arranging and throwing stuff away.
We got another new cabinet so...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 21:29:08 )
@Purpsy: Yes, we have a 5' real tree this year. We have pine trees, but they are very different from the traditional Christmas tree...

Given what you've told me, I'd be willing to trade a tree for organization... :3

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 21:31:57 )

@Wildfire: wow those look really different! :o

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 22:10:41 )
@Purpsy: omg I haven't seen Hamilton! *o*
My friends are obsessed and I'm a lazy sack and haven't watched it yet.

@Wildfire: Exactly my case too!!! I have many projects floating around. I actually found quite a few unfinished things in my storage unit when I was moving into my new house. =O I did end up throwing out a lot.
I'm to a point where I kinda want to get rid of a lot of my old hobby stuff to make room for new hobby stuff. I know I'm not going to get back into sewing, but the fabric was so spendy. Re-selling fabric just doesn't go for much.
@Wildfire: I need to see a picture of your tree. o3o

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 22:21:53 )
I made a box of brownies, ate a portion, and now I feel Faaaaat. oof. but delicious.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 22:31:29 )
@Purpsy: Yes, they are very different. I didn't believe they were actually pine trees for a long time, they're so different (although the pine cones and pine needles would definitely confirm they are "pine" XD )

@Koah: Yes, I'm never one to find myself being "bored" XD - I have a lot of interests, and a lot of projects. I can't bear to get rid of my stuff, especially since I keep finding myself kind of circling back to similar projects than the original plan. Fabric? You could try making rugs?

My Christmas tree? Uh... ok. Let me go get a photo...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 22:40:34 )
@Koah:

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 23:06:04 )

@Wildfire: They're tropical pine trees ewe
tbh they look crazy prehistoric

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 23:07:19 )

@Koah: I haven't seen it too! But I already listened to some of the songs.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/8 23:13:58 )
@Purpsy: They do look prehistoric, don't they?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.