Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2021: Restless Slumber ┤▒├ Wild's Wacky Wilderness of Weird

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 22:48:35 )
    @Wildfire: grey skies are so depressing aren't they?? Honestly the worst. At least snow is pretty at first! Then it just turns to grey mush lol.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 22:50:21 )
@Wildfire: I just got a large pile of presents wrapped. I'm impressed with myself. lol.
There's a small wall left in the main room. It got neglected because I have large things against that wall. My friends might be able to help me get it done quickly this weekend. I wonder if they'll be up for another weekend of painting with me. >3<

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 22:53:07 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet | Drip Drop Fairy | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d&rsquo;espoir |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Wildfire:
@sunny: lol... Fall in Florida :3 Let's put it this way - it's not 99*F with 99% humidity any more. And to be fair, it was a bit colder a couple days ago (60s +/-)... it has warmed up again.

@star2000shadow: lol - ok... how about "what do you think the poses for this first item will be? what kinds of things will it include? what color schemes?"

hmm well that got answered by them haha. and um..well I'm not sure 'shrugs' maybe different dream states.. one a nightmare..another sweet dreams and such. haha. <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 23:03:04 )
@sunny: Yeah, I never felt like I was affected by seasonal deficit, but there's no way I could go back to a "typical" northern winter these days. I like the sun (and the heat) too much. And I can always visit the snow if that's what I want. I do miss the heavy snowstorms, though, where everything shuts down and everything gets super quiet though...

@Koah: Oh! I hope you can get some help and knock that wall out (not literally, of course!). Congrats on wrapping all kinds of gifts! I haven't even mentally gotten to "Thanksgiving" yet, nevermind getting to "Christmas" - lol!!!

@star2000shadow: Yeah, I guess so, huh? That's an interesting idea on the themes and items!!!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 23:07:09 )
@Wildfire: I've totally neglected Thanksgiving. I'm just planning on making one traditional meal with my roommate and that's it. And half the people in my house hate the food I'll be cooking. lol! It's a pretty bland food by American standards.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 23:07:15 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet | Drip Drop Fairy | On Guard | Flutters Her Wings | Paints Her Webs | Capricorn| Unique High Loving Gaze | Lucky Neko | TransFURmation | Ghostly Treat | Soulcaster | Vampyr | Cheshire Cabaret | Untamed | Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Corrupted Ichor | Fluers d&rsquo;espoir |

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: well as its based in dreamscapes I figured that's how that would go. <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 23:09:59 )
@Koah: ............ so what are you going to cook for Thanksgiving?? You have me thoroughly curious now!!! And just you and the room-mate? - no kiddos or hubby or anything?

@star2000shadow: and judging by the door options in that one thread, I think you're on the right track.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 23:14:13 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: haha thanks 'snickers' this'll be fun. <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 23:14:54 )
@star2000shadow: the events usually are! :3

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 23:16:18 )

@Wildfire: We did finally make it to the store, and it looks like I'm making meatloaf tonight. I haven't made it before, at least not completely by myself, so that'll be fun. :) And omg yes, the cooler weather has been sooo nice!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 23:21:32 )
@Wildfire: Roommate and I will cook my family's meal called Polt. It's basically norwegian potato dumplings. It's just Super Condensed potatoes with pork inside. No added flavors.. just good ol' potatoes.
Kids and husband will eat what I make, but likely won't eat polt. lol!
I'll have to come up with some healthy foods. Turkey this year is insanely spendy, so skipping that. We'll probably do green bean casserole and whatever else I'll think of last second. CX

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 23:27:33 )
@CooperationIsKey: Oh - meatloaf! That's not something that's usually on my cooking list either, but you have a recipe, I hope?

@Koah: oh! That sounds interesting... and dense. :3
My local market is selling turkeys at $0.49/lb right now. I have a 12-15# turkey on order (so I don't have to store it until it's ready to be defrosted). But yes, I think a lot of people will be doing the "what's available and what's on sale" option for holiday meals... I will...

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 23:28:22 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Wildfire:
@star2000shadow: the events usually are! :3

well this is true 'nods'. and everyone helps everyone else which is nice 'nods' <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — whatever Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 23:30:28 )

@Wildfire: Yeah, I have to make do a little bit since I don't have everything it calls for spices wise, but I think it'll turn out okay. Don't have breadcrumbs so I'll be ripping up some bread, lol. But we've done that before and it turned out fine! God I'm hungry, part of me wants to cook it now. o3o;;

Please ping me!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 23:39:54 )
@Wildfire: Smart of you to order ahead. :)
about 2 weeks ago, I went to the local grocery store to grab a small turkey for the freezer, but it was 40+ dollars. We don't eat a whole lot of turkey anyway, so we'll find different foods to eat this year.
Polt is the only thing I've stuck to for years as far as tradition goes.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 23:44:09 )
    @Wildfire: oh yeah winter can be truly beautiful. I used to love walking to school at like 8am in the winter, still dark and literally silent but for my footsteps. I had to walk through two cow fields and I used to love crunching through the snow, being the first one to leave footprints etc. I used to go out early just to make sure I was first.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 23:59:09 )
@icedchai: smol fluffy animal with big hairs eating Sweet stuff *nods* Yeah we are the same Theme xD

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 00:05:53 )
@Wildfire: so you had a social day, thats great! :) but Yeah social contacts are exhausting as well.
I bring my little one to the daycare at 9:00 am 9:20 am i was back Home, after that I needet to care for the cats and the Fisher. 10am i needet to be at work...... 11:30 am the daycare was calling me that Milli was fourious vomiting.... 12:00 i got from work and pick up my Child...... My Child slept till 14:30...... oh and today i have migraine too. So Yeah it was stressfull but there will be better days *nods*
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — buckaroo Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 00:15:58 )

@miss sandman: no way i didn;t even notice that we're both munchin on sweet treats hehe
2 cute ^^

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 00:24:31 )
@star2000shadow: Yes, that has always been one of my favorite things about smaller avatar sites and events! <3

@CooperationIsKey: LOL! Personally, I would skip the bread altogether, but ripping some up sounds like it would work! Good luck!!

@Koah: Yeah, that's a bit much for a turkey. Whatever you decide to eat for Thanksgiving, it's not really about the food details, it's more that you have some to eat...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.