Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:09:13 )
@CooperationIsKey: Yeah, I know that "eek" part. It's normal and natural and to be expected imo. So, obviously, I kinda strolled away from the computer last night... how did you fare with the storm? It was extremely mild here - I would not have guessed there was a hurricane/TS pretty nearby in the Gulf. There's still some storms, etc., to come though but it was nice being able to sleep through the night instead of being woken by freaked out dogs, booming thunder or other weird noises.

Oh! How was the mahi and your fish fry? That's awesome that you have a friend who shares his catches with you! :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:09:48 )
good morning. How is everyone today? What is everyone up to today?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:13:24 )

Feeling better, getting ready to go to work.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:14:30 )
good morning. I'm glad you're feeling better.
You're about to have a rainy day, aren't you? Do you think many people will be going out to thrift stores today? I mean, I know it's Florida, buuuutttt...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:16:11 )

I don't really know. We might get some, but I don't think we're going to have a ton of folks. Sure most of them will be batting down the hatches and all that. I just hope that I don't have to stand in it at the bus stop.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:20:17 )
Yeah, I don't blame you. Most of the storm is past us now and it really wasn't much. We've had heavier summer storms, that's for sure! But it definitely was raining. And rain when you're trying to stay nice for a job is difficult and uncomfortable.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:29:19 )

I did get drizzled on yesterday, which just made yesterday the worst. Lol then the computer we use to scan books to see if they're valuable or not decided to die on us. Though it turned out it's power cord wasn't plugged in. It's one of those laptops that has to hook ups. The main one to the computer, and another half to plug into that and the power strip.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:30:51 )
That sounds like a day of small inconveniences, stacked up.
Hopefully today will be better for you and you'll at least be able to stay dry

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:33:04 )

Well it's already doing the rain thing. So I'll be out there in the rain today. -w- At least I have a decent rain coat.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:34:33 )
well, there is a storm out there and it's headed your way, so yeah... rain. Hopefully it won't be bad for you, though, and your awesome raincoat will help!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:37:39 )

Fingers crossed.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:38:34 )
Indeed - fingers crossed!
Are you working all day or just this morning?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:39:38 )

All day.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:41:38 )
Well that should be fun. What are they expecting the (real) weather to be like there? I didn't check to see if the storm is peetering out or what's going on with it as it gets further north...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:48:42 )

Last I heard it was going to be cat 1 strength, but it's probably changed since last night's report.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 13:51:23 )
Yeah, it became Cat 1 just before it came to us... but it was barely cat 1, and we sure didn't experience anything close to a cat 1 hurricane here. We've had worse summer storms, but there's still more of it coming, I think...

I should probably check

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 20:20:04 )

@Wildfire:
It was a heck of a storm but didn't seem much if any worse than storms I've been through without a "tropical storm" designation. I was a bit anxious about possible tornadoes (we heard a weird noise at one point that my roommate was sure was a tornado nearby, though the news didn't confirm it so I don't know what it was). Mostly lots of rain and some heavy-ish wind. Though the flooding in the back yard did come about halfway up the back porch! As much as I enjoy rain, I think we need a break from it for a bit, lol.

I didn't fall asleep until after 3, after the worst of it seemed to have passed (again a bit paranoid about possible tornadic activity). And even then I slept with my door open in case something did happen. I slept pretty late today, lol.

The fish turned out fantastic! It was really yummy. We had this coating for the fish that had a bit of a kick and some lemon to it and was really good. And yeah! We've gotten some amazing fish cuts from him, it's quite nice! :D

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 21:09:03 )
@CooperationIsKey: The storm seemed a bit anti-climatic here, but I was tired and slept through most of it. I remember hearing rain once in a while, but no thunder, excess wind or other weird noises. Hubby was up until about 3am and grumbled that a lot of tiny branches and debris from the tree was on his truck (LOL) and we certainly had puddles around the house this morning. I didn't hear of any reports of tornadoes in the area or surrounding areas, but I also haven't been glued to the TV or radio either. Have you seen any evidence of a tornado in your area? Regardless, I'm sorry to hear that you had a scare like that. I'd rather deal with a hurricane than a tornado, I think :3

The fish sounds amazing! Now I want fish...

How are you doing today?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/8 01:30:49 )

Just realized how much contempt I have for myself. Next week's schedule was being made, and I was told that I'll be having a lot of hours because other coworker is out for a week. I laughed and said that's fine. More money for Megaplex. I now open Monday and only have one day off.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/8 01:46:41 )
... but more money for Con!!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.