Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 21:08:00 )
@Purpsy: Thanks again lol. Gotta say this Stellar Remnant has some really great masculine poses that helped a lot.

That's not a bad thing! I struggle with making male avis in general, and often end up with nonbinary avis instead.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 21:16:23 )

@Aisukohi: Ooh I'll possibly add that to my quest list for my future male avis which I need to make more often.
Yep same, is probably because I don't make male avis often yep

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 21:24:07 )
@Purpsy: It's a really great item, so would highly recommend getting it when you can. I've noticed that I like a lot of items that ghost made lol.

I definitely gravitate to making female avis myself.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 22:11:35 )

@Aisukohi: I will and I need to catch up on some of the recent items here anyway.
Yep me too and that same goes for my drawings. If I can draw hot looking males I would have drawn your avatar right now xD

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 22:20:13 )
@Purpsy: I'm curious what the theme of the next event will be. Looking forward to even more items lol.

It's been forever since I've drawn anything. Sometimes I think about drawing, but that's usually when I'm nowhere near my computer.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 22:49:35 )
@CooperationIsKey: oh! I know how that horse thing goes! My son was managing a local horse stables for a while. Now his GF has the bulk of responsibility for that, but he's still there daily and runs trail rides, etc. When he's not at his FT job.

It seems like you're pretty well set up. That first band came through about an hour ago and 5 minutes in, we lost electricity and internet. Electricity is back now, but not internet. I think the timing was coincidence.

@Aisukohi:
@Purpsy:
Pardon the brief hello, but I wanted to
at least say hi. I have no internet, so won't be posting much until it's back... Which might be now, given the text hubby just got??

This is turning in to a weird day...

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 22:54:21 )
@Wildfire: Glad everything is okay, even without internet. I probably won't be online much longer anyway since I gotta get going to my parents' soon.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 23:14:36 )
@Aisukohi: Thanks Aisu. I hope you have a good time at your parents' house :3

We seem to have internet back. The storm is still south of us and we are really not expecting much of an impact other than maybe losing internet and/or electricity (but I hope not)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 23:14:46 )

@Wildfire: That's alright, stay safe and comfy until the storm passes :3
@Aisukohi: Yeah I'm curious too, last event was really fun!
My wild guess... A summer picnic/BBQ theme event? Idk

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 00:06:17 )

@Wildfire:
Yeah, roommate is taking advantage of the space between this band and the next rain to get the horses fed. Hopefully it holds out long enough!

We were sitting in line at the Walgreens drive-thru when the first bit of rain hit, lol. We sat there eating our Wendy's fries, having unsuccessfully sought out sand bags, and by the time we were done and it had stopped raining. Which is good because she turned on her windshield wipers and one of the wiper blades flew off. :I

Glad your power came back; did you try resetting the router? Sometimes power outages make the things glitch up.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 00:42:07 )
@CooperationIsKey: Oh yeah - we're good technology-wise, thanks.
I'm actually surprised that we haven't seen more rain yet. But it'll come after the sun sets /eyeroll/

LOL - that's funny with the wiper blade! I'm glad it wasn't really an issue, but still...

@Purpsy: thanks. I'm sure we'll be fine

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 00:46:18 )

@Wildfire: My bad, lol. ^^;

And me too, I really thought we'd be getting rain by now but I'm sure we'll be getting plenty soon enough.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 00:50:04 )
@CooperationIsKey: Your bad?? Why? Concerning what?

Yeah, it really feels like the calm before the storm - lol

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 00:55:54 )

@Wildfire: I mean that you know what to do with the router, that's all. ^^;

And yeah, guess it is!

We're about to get hit by a hurricane and I decided to wash my bedsheets. 9_9 I never said I was smart. XD Aaaand there goes the washer jingle, time for the dryer!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 01:20:11 )
@CooperationIsKey: lol. It's not a problem. I have a couple tech-heavy dudes in my house, so they usually have that stuff covered ... and much more thoroughly than I would!

I did laundry earlier... but it wasn't my bedsheets XD Are you anxious? Sometimes I find that I clean a lot when I'm nervous or anxious about something... like a storm

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 01:22:36 )

@Wildfire: Tech-heavy people come in handy sometimes! :)

And maybe a little? I do have several anxiety disorders and things like this tend to amp up those background nerves I guess. Even though I'm sure we'll be fine and all, it's the 'impending' part that does it I think.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 01:33:26 )
@CooperationIsKey: Yeah, that can "waiting to be hit" period be difficult to deal with. The Weather Dude I'm listening to right now just said between 10am and maybe 12am is when we're likely to feel the worst of this storm. I think the biggest concern is the storm surge/water... and some of that is because we've had so much rain recently.

I just looked outside - our walkway is wet. I didn't even realize it was raining.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 02:00:57 )

Yeah, I'm concerned with the storm surge. I think my house is far enough from the closest creek to be okay but this area is riddled with creeks and waterways that I often forget about until I look at a map.

It's been spitting off an on but hasn't really done the pouring buckets thing yet.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 02:09:51 )
@CooperationIsKey: it's Florida - there's water everywhere. Do you know if you're in a flood zone or if evacuation has been suggested for your area? If not, I wouldn't worry about it too much, tbh.

Other than that one little storm around 5pm and whatever is going on now, I haven't seen any rain yet. I'm sure that will change in an hour or two though...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/7 02:17:30 )

@Wildfire: Lol I suppose that's true; I'm just not used to it so I genuinely forget sometimes. I grew up in Texas and spent most of my adulthood in southern California, both of which tend to be quite a bit dryer.

As far as flood warnings or evacuation orders, nah, I haven't seen anything. I know it's likely going to be fine, but monkey brain goes "eek!," you know? XD

My roommate seems to kind of enjoy this weather, lol. Even though she's been struck by lightning so she's not overly fond of that part at least. But she's having her own little 'hurricane party'.

Also a friend of hers gave us fresh-caught Mahi-Mahi from the Keys today (he goes fishing a lot) so we're having a lil' fish fry for dinner! So that's fun. :)

Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.