Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 13:07:31 )
Ahhh. Well, it's no fun being sick, but at least that doesn't sound completely horrible.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 13:54:28 )

Running to buy extra water -just in case- before Elsa hits. I'm close enough to the water to be nervous with the expected storm surge. Kinda wish we were around less waterways. We've got a lot of canals and such around us. 🙃

That sucks that you have to go in to work while you're sick, Addict. :/

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 13:57:38 )

I'm just going to keep myself going with cold meds. At least I still have a voice.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 13:59:08 )
@CooperationIsKey: It sounds like you're closer to the water than we are. I need to go wrestle our garage and find the coolers and 5 gallon water jugs just to make sure they're cleaned and available if things start looking worse than expected, but I'm not expecting to need them. We have some bottled water and I dug out flashlights, etc. yesterday. Are you doing ok?

@Another Movie Addict: That works. Are you at least likely to have a shorter day today, given the storm... although it's really tomorrow that will affect you...

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 14:03:26 )

My schedule was changed for me to come in for a 3:30 shift. But I don't know what's going to happen with the storm stuff. Most places here hate closing early for anything.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 14:05:29 )

Doing good; we've got candles but it's unlikely we'll lose power; this house has been through hurricanes and never lost power because it's on an emergency circuit of some kind so the most that happens is the power dims for a moment until the backup kicks in. So I'm not too worried about power; it'd have to be pretty catastrophic I think to wipe that out. But I dunno about water; you never know if the infrastructure is going to break down somewhere.

I am a little concerned because we need groceries, though, like just in general, and I don't know if we're going to be able to get much. I never know how bad people are going to panic buy. I think I'll pick up some canned soup while I'm at Walgreens getting water though. o3o

God, the dog's claws were trimmed and dremmeled (lol) yesterday but damned if he didn't get my leg pretty good; he actually managed to break the skin slightly, which I think was because of the rough edges from his claws being trimmed. It's not very deep but it sure still hurts, geez.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 14:14:35 )
@Another Movie Addict: Yeah, I know. Still...

@CooperationIsKey: Pick up a few things if you can if you're concerned about groceries - yeah, soups, tuna, etc. are good. If you don't need or use them now, you'll feel better having them around for the next storm that threatens to visit Florida :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 14:24:52 )

Hopefully I don't get caught in bad weather while traveling.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 15:38:23 )

@Wildfire: I got a bunch of soups (and paid less than half price for them thanks to Walgreens rewards lol) and I already have some, so if nothing else I'll eat a lot of soup. XD

@Another Movie Addict: I hope not! Good luck!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 15:56:26 )
@Another Movie Addict: Yeah, hopefully not. Although for you, today should be "ok". It's not affecting us here yet other than it being cloudy. That will probably change in the next handful of hours, but I'll take it for right now :3

@CooperationIsKey: Oh, that's good! I'm glad you have soup :3

I've been running around doing some of those weird little tasks that should be done before a storm -any storm... like finding our coolers and water containers, doing that last load of laundry, running the dishwasher, etc. ... mostly things that needed to be done regardless, but with the storm coming, it's better to do it now than later

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 16:05:36 )

@Wildfire: Awe hopefully is not too bad when it passes ^^

I got some stuff to do but I'm too lazy right now lmao, but currently is very nice and sunny out so I may plan to go out for a walk later~
Plus I recently assemble a daybed yesterday...well more like my mom and my brother did most of the assembling... I am hopeless with power tools and instructions, so I don't have to sleep on the couch anymore but I have to wait for 48 hours until I can lay down on it since my mattress is made out of memory foam.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 16:32:58 )
@Purpsy: ... eh, I'm not worried about the storm, although I will admit to not wanting my kids running around (driving) in it when it gets here and the rain starts. Thanks though.

So... 48 hours for the memory foam to reset, I guess, to the new structure/platform? Is that how that works? I'm happy to hear you have more of a bed now, though, instead of having to sleep on the couch! :3

A walk sounds lovely! <3 I hope you get out and enjoy your sunny day outside!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 16:39:03 )

@Wildfire: Yeah it said on the pamphlet that came with it but when I searched it up online you have to let it rise 24-48 hours so... I'm impatient so... xD

Yeah true, so what are your plans while your stuck inside? Any fun family activities?
Yeah I will but a littler later, I think I'm just going to a nice shady spot in the park and read a book or something.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 18:38:29 )
@Purpsy: ...eventhough it's the same person (or so I assume) sleeping on it?

Oh, there's tons of things I can do to keep myself busy. If we lose electricity, the three of us will probably play some games or do puzzles or something. Otherwise it'll probably be movies/tv, tbh. Although I'm still in the middle of various decluttering and reorganizing and creative projects so *I* won't have any issues keeping myself busy regardless...

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 20:34:59 )
Hope everything goes well for those who are in the path of the storm. I'm sure it will mostly be rain and wind, but nothing too bad. Still, helps to be prepared!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 20:56:23 )

@Wildfire: Is only me sleeping on it but others may sit on it during the day or something, I don't mind. I do want to give it 48 hours to fully rise but I'm a bit conflicted about it lmao

That's good, some possibly good family bonding then ^^ All the cleaning I've done so far is clean my kitchen counter and I still have a few clothes to fold.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 20:57:19 )

@Wildfire:
I did make sure to take a shower before we fill the tub for emergency toilet-flushin' water, lmao. Also bought three extra cases of water, bringing the total to four (three are mine and one is roommate's; I go through way more water than she does).

I need to take my dark load out of the dryer but I forgot to do it when the load stopped running so now they're wrinkled, but I'm forbidden from running a 5-minute 'fluff' cycle because "it wastes energy."

So I'll wait and do it when roommate's not here tonight (she's responsible for several horses including one of her own and has to take care of them regardless of the weather). >_>

Other than that it occurs to me that we should find the little chest cooler; but I guess if we need it we can get it, I think it's in the shed.

The ice bin is pretty full but I'm wondering if I should turn the maker on until it's really full...

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 20:57:21 )

@Aisukohi: Haaawt dayummm
I'm simping so hard for your avatar

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 20:59:47 )
@Purpsy: Oh thank you. xD It's not often, but every now and then I enjoy putting together a little eye candy of an avi hahaha.

Whoever put together this base with the abs did an A+ job. xD
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/6 21:02:39 )

@Aisukohi: Well you've done a good job on this one xD
Yup those are some well toned abs ewe
Sigh I wish I can make good male avis like that but for some reason I end up making uwu male avis lol

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.