Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:47:39 )
@Purpsy: There's a specific lightbulb or something that emulates the sun for those who suffer from winter depression, although I'm sure just having light -any light- in the house helps tremendously on a psychological level!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 17:02:29 )
Good Morning~

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 17:04:33 )
@Koah: Oh good morning. How are you so far today? Did you get some rest last night?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 17:07:25 )
@Wildfire: I didn't get much sleep, that sneaky family drama got heavy.
My sister wants my niece back because she sees she's doing well and thinks it will be okay now.
The way I see it: it's like a cast on a broken arm and because they're healing up, they might as well take the cast off early.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 17:11:20 )
@Koah: Oh no! Moving her back right now is probably the last thing that should happen. From everything you've told me, your niece needs to settle in, settle down, have some downtime and some consistency... and putting her back in what sounds like a truly chaotic environment with your anxious and workaholic sister, with the expectations she seems to place on her daughter would not be helpful. At the very least, your niece needs more time to settle in to this new routine and series of habits... It would be like taking the cast off the broken arm waaaaay too soon! :(

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 17:20:10 )
@Wildfire: Yeah, Not much we can say or do since we aren't my Niece's guardians, ya know? We did tell my niece that she can write a logical letter to her mom about why she wants to stay here a bit longer. :T

Anyhow, aside from that situation, I'm okay. I think I want to set up my xbox 360 kinect and play some active games this evening. c:

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 17:25:19 )
Yeah, there's really not much you can do other than reminding her about the lessons and sense of balance she has hopefully rediscovered while with you, letting her know you're there for her if she needs you and, as you said, have your niece present her "argument" to her mom for more time with you. I've been in a similar situation, as I think I've mentioned to you before... it's never fun. I wish you all good luck.

That sounds like it could be a fun evening! What would you play?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 17:28:58 )
@PrincessStarr: I love your avi~ I hope you guys get some bookshelves. and I love having fish, I don't have my fish tank anymore though, during my transition of moving constantly, I set my tank up in my mom's store. Now that I'm settled, she doesn't want me to come get my tank. lol.
What is Lucifer in your house?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 17:36:52 )
@Wildfire: Thank you for the luck. My niece, when she arrived, didn't think shampoo was good for your hair because of some youtube video, and she had a lot of other things she was trying to argue/defend because of youtube videos and such. Without actual logic, just because other people said something.
So my husband and I were able to get her to think logically about her choices and opinions while she's been here.
She's doing well, keeping up with chores, homework, hygiene, and using downtime for her interests.

I think my kids are old enough, tall enough, to play the Kinect now. I have Just Dance and a Star Wars game and a few other games. C: I hope it'll be fun.
I really wish I could afford a VR headset. lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 17:43:46 )
@Koah: It sounds like you've made significant progress with your niece in the time she has been with you. I'm glad. It's important for a young person to be able to make their own decisions and follow logic instead of just regurgitating what others say or imitating what they do.

LOL at the little kids and the video games. I remember that stage. Right now though I can't even remember the last time we connected a video game station, nevermind the last time we did anything with it! I hope your family has fun with the games tonight! :3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 17:59:00 )
@Wildfire: I dealt with a mini panic from my teen last night and my husband and I had to talk her up and out of it. She was sounding like a broken record "I'm doing so good here. I don't want to go. [and repeat that 10 times over]. " :c

I personally stopped playing video games a few years back, I'm more interested in life experiences now. I love meeting new people and just exploring out of my comfort bubble. I miss adventures *Shakes fist at pandemic*

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 18:09:00 )
@Koah: So she recognizes that she's doing well, and furthermore, she's saying that she wants to keep doing well! <3 The implication is that the environment with you is better for her overall - and she knows it. I'm sorry you had to deal with the panic, but it's understandable. Remind her what she has learned about herself, her working/studying styles, etc., and maybe remind her that just because her environment changes doesn't mean that she has to lose herself or the lessons she has learned with you over the last month or so? Encourage her to come visit on the weekends or something?

Yes, I'm with ya concerning the pandemic severely limiting my beloved adventures! Living like this has severely sapped even my desire to try having adventures... *sigh* I just feel like a blob lately - lol. :( I was never huge in to video games and haven't really played any in years either (other than occasionally playing Minecraft, maybe).

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 18:19:42 )
@Wildfire: I occasionally play Minecraft and The Witcher. But I lose interest after like an hour or so. I don't even watch movies a whole lot anymore either. To sit and stare at a screen for over an hour, is really difficult. D:

My niece is super self-aware. We're currently working on selective hearing since she loves repeating things. But when she repeats things and tries to re-tell someone else's story, she has keywords, but no substance. I think all teens have selective hearing though. lol.
"You can't go out."
"You said Go? sweet! see ya later." lmao

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 18:28:36 )
@Koah: LOL. I understand completely. I'm turning in to a TV / PC lump with this covid nonsense ruining everything (& just draining my motivation on a number of levels) but it's not in my true nature either. I'd much rather be out and about doing things, usually physical or nature-oriented :3

... oh yes... teens definitely tend to do that! My son right now is selectively hearing "curfew" and "limitations on his freedom" instead of "communicate with us" /eyeroll/

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 19:00:27 )
@Wildfire: I too am turning into a couch potato. :c /flails/ meh. I am also generally an active person.

Oh jeez, Teen meltdown over here. dang, these hormones.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 19:32:58 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: Yup very true. but im going to try to take less than 3 months to finish 1 portrait.
since even tho this one has taken me a while i have learned quite a lot.
as long as im learning it is a good study. and it doesn't need to be identical to the study
since studies are to learn not to copy.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 20:01:36 )

well I need a break
I spent nearly two hours to colour hair (not literally digital art stuff)
I make it so difficult for myself x.x

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 20:58:20 )

@Wildfire: It wasn't moonstone was it? I don't remember if that has a moon pose or not but thought I'd suggest it just in case.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 21:12:48 )
@Koah: It's hard not to be a couch potato these days -sigh-
Yes, teen hormones are "fun". Good luck!!

@MoodyB: As long as you're learning and doing things, you're ahead of the game :3

@Ava: Hello! :3 I'm doing ok, thanks. It has turned in to a quiet day for me somehow. How is your day going today?

@Purpsy: LOL! Sometimes that happens. Hopefully you'll get enough of a break to go back and finish it up quickly!

@sunny: It's not moonstone either. That item does have a moon pose but it's not the big crescent that I'm remembering seeing somewhere... although at this point I'm beginning to wonder if I hallucinated it (although I know I'm not)

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 21:17:12 )

@Wildfire: I'm taking a loong break x'D
but yeah I'll get into it again later

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.