Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 21:25:14 )
@Wildfire: Thank you for the luck. lol. It is much needed. I managed the hormone quake well! She went from crying about silly things to going to the grocery store with me and picking out her favorite fruit. XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 21:28:01 )
@Purpsy: a little burnt out right now, are you? XD

@koah: oh that's good! :3 Teens are a lot like 3 year olds sometimes - they hear what they want to hear, are trying to assert their own will without knowing the repercussions, and sometimes the best thing you can do for them is to distract them from their current obsession! :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 21:32:58 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: yup but i dont want to spend too much time on only one study.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 21:43:05 )
@Wildfire: Lol! yeah, Teens are just going through the toddler stage all over again. hahaha!
I just ate my favorite squash lunch and I feel so good now. C:

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 21:51:23 )

@Wildfire: Hmm, idk what it could be then... :/

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 21:51:32 )
@MoodyB: This is true. But you, as artist, should know when the value of doing a particular study is pretty much at the end of its usefulness. :3

@koah: LOL! Yes or at least I've often thought so. Also an addendum to the last note: Sometimes the best thing you can do for them is to let them skin their knee, and be ready with a hug (<------ this is really hard sometimes, especially when they're old enough to drive, make life-changing decisions for themselves, etc.).

Oh! What's your favorite squash lunch? My lunch was cabbage/veggie soup in a chicken (or turkey?) bone broth. Breakfast was a sweet potato with apple, red cabbage, kale and onion, with honey. And dinner, which I'll have to finalize my plans for soon-ish will probably be loaded sweet potatoes with ground beef and sausage (+ kale + mushrooms + whatever else makes sense and needs to be used)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 21:52:21 )
@sunny: Yeah, me neither. I do appreciate you trying to help though! I swear I'm not hallucinating but... -shrug- ... maybe I'm just losing my mind?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 21:55:20 )

@Wildfire: Extremely so TwT
I was working on it a lot yesterday. I guess I haven't recovered yet lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 22:06:31 )
@Wildfire: I need to adapt your eating habits! your food sounds amazing! <3
I fried up some squash, added a bit of cheese, and did an over-easy egg on top. Super simple, only takes a few minutes.
It always hits right.

I am actually one of those parents. I let my kids make their decisions and when it doesn't work out- we talk about why it didn't. I believe strongly in that method of parenting. <3 People learn fastest by their mistakes.

My niece picked up on this her first week here. Her mom caters to her never making mistakes.
So, My son was taking an easy math quiz and he rushed through the questions. I read the questions, he answered them. he had a few wrong and I had him submit the quiz and he was disappointed, I explained to him he shouldn't rush after the quiz. And my niece was nearby and looked at me all shocked-like. Her mom would have made sure her quiz was 100% before submitting it. :T

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 22:08:46 )

@Wildfire: maybe lol. Have you trawled the Item Museum for it?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 22:10:54 )
@Purpsy: LOL... no, it doesn't sound like you've recovered. It sounds like you need a break!! :3

@Koah: Yes, that has been my main approach to parenting too. Obviously, there are some mistakes you want to shield them from making at certain times, and the desire to guide them is always there, but they have to learn how to trust themselves and how to navigate the world without you "sitting on their shoulder". It can be difficult to do in reality sometimes, though :3

@sunny: No. I haven't had the patience to do that. I have mostly been staring at the items in my inventory with a mental "I know you're in here... where ARE you?"

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 22:21:48 )

@Wildfire: I think I found it. Silent Night?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 22:27:45 )

@Wildfire: Yeah...
As much as I want to draw right now... I also don't want to draw...
I think I might call it quits today

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 22:29:17 )
@sunny: YES!!!! oh I knew I wasn't imagining things! I was, apparently, just "blind" to that pose when I was searching through my items! <3 <3 <3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 22:29:50 )

@Wildfire: LOL I'm glad you found it!!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 22:30:55 )
@Purpsy: That sounds like it's probably a good idea.
But that's how I have been all day too... I want to draw... I don't want to draw. I want to do X... I don't want to do X... It has been a strange day.

@sunny: I'm glad YOU found it!! <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 22:32:46 )

@Wildfire: That's like my daily struggles xwx
Today is a weird day for me too.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 22:34:29 )
@Purpsy: I think some of that is normal for most people - at least in spurts. I don't usually feel it like this though - do you?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 22:35:01 )

@Wildfire: I know what it feels like when you get an idea stuck in your head and you can't work it out. Actually happens to me a lot tbh.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 22:37:50 )
@sunny: Yes! And wandering back and forth across that line of tenacity or just letting it go because in the scheme of things it's not really that important... but it bugs you anyway... and wouldn't it be nice to just have the answer already?? XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.