Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 21:44:10 )

@Wildfire: the whole story will probably be about 5000 words, so quite a short story :) idk though, it could go on for longer XD & thanks, I really appreciate you taking an interest etc :) it's nice!

I think it will start on Valentine's Day, but I can't remember when it started on other years...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 21:44:31 )

@Wildfire: Yepp

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 21:46:34 )
@MoodyB: Is there some other social outlet that you might have better luck with for your art?

@sunny: Oh, you're welcome. I like seeing people follow their hearts, especially with creative pursuits! :3
I don't remember when the Valentine event started last year either. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 21:47:58 )
@Wildfire: yeah, I hope to get some peace today. I'm not holding my breath though.
I did get up and re-arrange and move my books around just now. c: So that feels nice and refreshed.
My 2 bookshelves look so much better now. And my stack of queue-books next to my comfy chair has been tidied up and some put away. so yay. I had too many books stacked up.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 21:48:49 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: Unfortunately no. i think it all comes down to massively improving my work.
so may just take a few weeks or months off from posting
and just study my rump off and play games
cause im not sure what else to do.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 21:53:39 )
@Koah: LOL - oh, that sounds familiar! I have piles of books all over the place, even with using the kindle most of the time these days!
I'm glad you had a chance to reorganize some. That's such a nice feeling! I do hope you get a chance to chill out soon :3

@MoodyB: That actually sounds like a good approach. Another approach might be to attack each thing separately - the social media aspect and building connections, etc. but "without" the art, and your art, much like you said (just work on it, "without" the social media side) and reconnect them at a later time?

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 21:56:24 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: I don't really have a connection with social media anyways.
idk why a bigger artist than me[has 5k followers and i have 19] is even following me at this point lol.
but i have no real connection or much of an audience so im sure they won't really notice which helps me disappear from social media easier.

cause right now the only art piece i like is a study because i've worked hard on it and it doesn't look bad.
and i want to keep improving at it so then when i return and apply these things to my art, it'll look...so much better.
as i want to paint semi realistically. so that may be why i don't like my current work as i do flat art. flat art isn't bad but...it's not
what i enjoy to create.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 21:58:40 )
@MoodyB: It sounds like you know exactly what you want to do! ... forget the social media stuff for right now and just do your art!! :3

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 22:00:46 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: Yeah i think that will be best.
i'll probably post a story of going on hiatus and then just focus on my art.

i found a bunch of new poses and portraits to study.
so im very excited to work on them. but after i finish the current one since she is so close to being finished.
maybe 80% complete. i just need to finish painting her nose, lips and neck and then work on the hair.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 22:01:27 )
@Wildfire: I just moved on to my DVD shelves. lol. .... and now I remember that I have an entire bin in the garage FULL of old DVDs that I put off organizing until later.... craaap.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 22:05:53 )
@MoodyB: That sounds like a really good plan for you right now and that's pretty awesome that your current piece is almost done :3

@Koah: LOL! Oh, I feel ya with that one too! We have boxes and boxes of DVDs around here. We really need to go through them, sell/donate them... something, but I just haven't had the... something to actually do it (I've been doing this a lot lately, actually - I want something cleaned up but just can't manage to get myself "there" to do the decluttering and reorganizing, no matter how badly I want it done or how much better I -and the space- will feel if I can just get there... It's weird.) I'm glad you're making progress! <3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 22:09:50 )

@Wildfire: I am truly following my heart. I really should submit some stories to magazines or something. I never do anything with my stories....

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 22:12:39 )
@sunny: sometimes it's enough simply to create :3
You'll know when it's time to submit your stories somewhere <3

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 22:13:42 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: I think i started it sometime in december. So im a little behind.
tho whenever i get close to finishing studies is start picking out a new one for the next study.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 22:15:08 )
@MoodyB: having your next project lined up and ready to go is not a bad thing... but you should finish your current project too! :3 ;)

............................ arrrrgh..... what is the name of that item with the crescent moon (not the spaceship item - the new one)? I can not find it!!!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 22:29:13 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: Definitely! i will finish the current one first.
tho may end up watching some tutorials for the hair since i am not even sure how to go about it. XD
hair is the hardest part which is funny cause usually it's skin that's hard.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 22:31:01 )
@MoodyB: each of us has our own particular "soft spot" and each project has its own "spot" as well. I'm sure you'll figure out how to handle the hair

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 22:34:01 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Wildfire: true. im not too good at painting so everything feels new
but also exciting too.
so im looking forward to learning new things.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 22:40:49 )
@MoodyB: Good - that's an awesome place to be! <3 What do you intend to learn next?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/2 22:51:12 )

@Wildfire: Is it Dreamkeeper? The item I mean.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.