Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:13:41 )

Is the same for me but around those temperatures. A good excuse to wear my sweaters and leggings when I can.
Dealing with -20 and beyond is honestly no fun TnT

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:14:31 )
@Another Movie Addict: Oh? Why are you a little extra tired today? How was your day yesterday?

@Purpsy: Well, it's usually warmer than the rest of the northern hemisphere during the winter and the sun tends to shine throughout the winter months, but yes, it gets cold here.

I like it when it gets chilly too

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:15:24 )
This is exactly

Yesterday was fine, had to have a serious conversation with the manager. But beyond that it was fine. Just tired.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:16:55 )
It's a nice change of pace to be able to wear my boots and a hoodie once in a while.
My dresser usually explodes during winter though, because everything comes out of storage - one week (or even one day sometimes) you need that hoodie or jacket and the next it's beach weather...

@Another Movie Addict: I hope your serious conversation with the manager wasn't too serious and that it went well.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:18:27 )
This is exactly

I was going to her with a complaint about one of my coworkers. The incompetent one. He recently did something that could've gotten me in a lot of trouble, so I decided to tell her exactly why I did what I did. Because he fucked up and left me in a situation to make a hard decision.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:21:27 )
That sounds like a responsible and pro-active thing to do. I hope she responded appropriately :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:22:54 )

@Wildfire: Ah makes sense ^^
I also prefer a sunny winter day than gloomy ones any day.

@another movie addict: Mhm, I hope everything works out for you.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:25:01 )
This is exactly

She did, he's going to be getting an ear full. I'm finally not as mad as I have been. Saturday we had to close together, which sucks with him anyway. But he decided to walk away without telling anyone and customers were getting mad. One came to the back for someone to ring her up. My coworker is no where to be found. Finally I found him in the bathroom, but the customer is starting to get loud. So I make the decision to check her out, because she's getting very upset. I should have called the manager before making any decision. Because we aren't allowed to use the register if someone else is on register. As like an anti-theft measure.
Then something happened with the transaction where I had to call the manager anyway, and yeah. He told her that he was there the whole time to 'protect me'. He was protecting himself, so I told exactly what happened.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:30:46 )

@another movie addict: oh wow.
I understand why you were upset then. That may get him into serious trouble.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:31:43 )
@Purpsy: Yes, being able to see and feel the sun makes a huge difference!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:32:48 )
This is exactly

My doing the transaction is something that could get me in a lot of trouble, but it was a situation where there weren't a lot of good options. I did admit to her though, that I should've called her before doing anything. But I made a reflexive decision. And this isn't the first time he's just walked off without telling anyone and leaving customers waiting.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:33:35 )
@Another Movie Addict: Oh! What a lousy little rat! Condescending and patronizing too!
I would have been furious as well. It's a good thing you talked to her. Hopefully that will be the end of that particular incompetent coworker

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:33:37 )

@Wildfire: Damn straight!
Honestly sometimes my general mood is dependent on the sun x'D

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:36:56 )
@Purpsy: Yes, it's absolutely huuuuuuge! I never noticed the impact when I was living further north with the overcast skies all winter long (because it's all I knew), but after being in Florida and seeing the sun almost constantly, I definitely notice it when it disappears for a while.

@Another Movie Addict: It sounds like your manager understood your decision and definitely the predicament you found yourself in. And hopefully by now she realizes that if there was a shortage in the till, it wouldn't likely have been your fault (and especially not since he said he was there the whole time)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:37:19 )

@another movie addict: Yeah I'm surprised that guy is still working there.
Where there other people had complaints about him?

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:38:48 )
This is exactly

Oh we all hate working with him. Saturday is the first time he did something that bad, but normally it's just a lot of fixing his mistakes. His till is always off at the end of the night. He still has no idea where to put books. It takes him the entire shift to do one cart. And I told her everything. That he was starting to affect my own work.

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:41:00 )

@Wildfire: Yeah and apparently I learned Winter depression is actually a thing and I feel those during winter months.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:41:12 )
Well AMA, depending on the policies in place concerning employees, maybe he'll be gone soon - or at least given an official warning (or whatever) so that he'll be at least partly out the door...

I need to go grocery shopping. And before that, I should have some idea of what I'm going to make to eat the next few days, so I need to do some menu planning. And I just.don't.feel.like.doing.it.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:42:15 )
@Purpsy: Oh yes, it is definitely a thing. There are lamps that are supposed to help, and of course, making sure your vitamin D levels are up where they should be (they are not for many people these days, apparently).

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/3 15:45:34 )

Well I honestly need to draw and get this done already so I'll be off for now.
Have a great day everyone ^^

@Wildfire: Mhm and I tried to go on frequent walks more like last winter and it made a huge difference on my general mood ^^
But honestly I also use lamps too when is too gloomy because I can't stand it when it's too dark. So I never knew that also counts too lol.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.