Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 15:27:42 )
@Wildfire: lol! I can't wait to hear about his journey.
I was going to mention, the cold here is dry, so it's bearable. I imagine Florida cold is like... wet cold air. bleh.
There's been times I go out in a t-shirt and jeans and it isn't until my nose is getting crunchy that I'm like "oh. OH. it's cold out." *nose crunchy=below freezing. It's the moisture in the nose freezing up*

@CooperationIsKey: I was one of those kids that loved veggies and hated 'junk food'. Although, ramen was like once a day [or every other day]until I hit 18 and was like "oh.. this isn't good for me." XDD

@Aisukohi: omg, I had to look up a water moccasin. They're called cottonmouths around here. o3o" You've had poor circumstances with your camping trips. I'm sorry.
BUT You have great stories to tell! lol.
I would have totally been a person with a shovel around that cottonmouth. o3o'

FREAKIN RACCOONS. I love them.. but they're totally camp-food thieves!

As a teen, I took a few friends camping. We all started a fire and got comfortable- or at least I thought we were comfy. Everyone began fighting. Two people left to go on a walk [opposite directions], and two others went to bed. That left me alone at the fire. I had my feet up and I was gripping my bag of marshmallows watching the fire dim, just wondering how I didn't see the signs of the fight. [teen angst].
Then that awful 6th sense kicked in, that paranoid feeling like something was watching me and it just kept getting darker and I felt paralyzed. We were pretty much in the center of the camp grounds, so it couldn't've been a bobcat or any big game. I finally got enough balls to put my feet down off the chair and throw a log on the fire. However, when I went to set my bag of marshmallows on the ground, little THIEVING FINGERS GRABBED IT AND RAN OFF.
damn raccoon was Sitting under my chair for however long I had that itching feeling... WAITING for me to set my marshmallows down.

It was a full bag [minus a few I ate] of those GIANT marshmallows.

*shakes fist at raccoons* but I love them.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 15:53:30 )
@Koah: Yeah...it is perpetually damp here, so the temperatures -and the heat- feel more extreme than they tend to feel other places. I'd warn him about the "crunchy nose" but he's at that point where he's all "mom, you do realize I can handle myself, right?!" phase of things (I was trying to give him warning about and tactics to deal with things like TSA being idiots or the airline attendants trying to check his carry-on bag) XD XD He's going to miss me. Probably not. Ok, maybe. XD

He's playing Call of Duty (I think) while he's waiting for his laundry to dry. I'm going to go sit with him.

Funny camping stories, though! <3

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 16:46:46 )

@Wildfire: Yep... is funny now haha xD
But I was pretty traumatized back then. Ah kids...

@Koah: LOL! Yeah children can be absolutely brutal. I used to hate milk back then but my parents forced me to drink them because I'm still growing so I was being sneaky and try to throw the rest of it somewhere in my old backyard often until I got caught one day by my babysitter xD

@Aisukohi: I think you just convince me to never go camping lol
Well maybe... but me being absolutely possessive with my food I would also be upset too haha

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 17:03:24 )
@Wildfire: <3 Have fun spending time with your boy. <3
lol, once he's out of the house, he'll continue hearing your voice in his head. XD I'm just envisioning that part of Emporor's new groove with Kronk's good and evil shoulder self. XD
You on one side like "Wear extra socks! it's cold out!" and his young-man decision making on the other like "it can't be that cold.."
Hopefully at some point while he's out this way, I'll hear from him or take him out to coffee- although that's quite the drive from my hole in the mountain. XD

@Purpsy: lol! you were like "don't mind me, just watering the grass with.. milk. it's healthy for it."
I hated milk too! /still do.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 17:10:49 )

@Koah: Haha yep xD
Honestly that will make a great excuse except the part is not milk it's um water that's been in a freezer too long...
I don't mind drinking milk now... I can just drink 1 cup of it.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 17:30:04 )
@Purpsy: Yeah, I bet you were a bit traumatized for a while with that experience... but it makes for a funny story... now. XD

@Koah: Yup - that's pretty much the size of it! I just reminded him that he should reach out to you. We'll see whether or not he actually does. He's partially concerned that he'll be working 6/7 days a week, I think...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 18:40:35 )

@Wildfire: Hehe true >w<
The stupid things we do as kids lel

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 18:56:50 )
@Wildfire: no doubt. o;o I think.. maybe, if they're desperate for help and willing to work with him- good chance he'll be working quite a lot. <.< we'll see. :d
make sure you save my number too. ;p I want to make sure if there's an emergency or something I can be reached easily. -thumbs up-

@Purpsy: I've never froze milk before and now I'm sitting here wondering if and how people do that. o.o'
I actually love chocolate milk. lol. XD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 19:02:50 )
@Purpsy: it's all part of being a kid :3 XD <3

@Koah: Yup - I got it - thank you. Actually, I should probably send you a text so you have my # too. Thanks again. <3

... getting ready to leave the house for the airport. We still have plenty of time to get there, park, get situated, etc., but...

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 19:41:04 )

@Koah: I can only assume it will only taste like ice but a little milky xD
Chocolate frozen milk however though...

@Wildfire: Very true -w-

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 20:56:06 )
@Purpsy: frozen... chocolate milk... hmmmm.... mmm... I dunno how I feel about that.
My imagination is saying it'd taste like a Wendy's chocolate frosty- however, realistically.. no.
XD

@Wildfire: I wish I could give you a hug irl. -virtual hug-

I only have 4 kids at my mom's daycare rn and all of them are fussy. All are down for naps now except for my baby.
My baby finally slept last night, he only got up twice which is record best in the last few weeks. So he's taking short cat naps today since he actually slept for most of the night. Cx

When I decided to have one more child... I totally forgot about the first two years with teething and no sleep. o_e /flails/

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 23:49:01 )
@Koah: ... this is haaaaard, man... much harder than I expected, tbh... but he's capable and he's ready and this is what he wants. He's on the plane, midway to Denver right now *cry* {hugs}

Yay for sleeping mostly through the night, but booooo for taking cat naps and staying up...?? I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not if you only have 4 kids, but they're all cranky. Is that better than having 6 kids who are in a better mood or worse?? Hmmmm....

@Purpsy: :3
So how are you today? Doing anything fun?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/1 23:59:19 )
@Wildfire: omg, you definitely express yourself through your avatar.lol!
oh my gosh, -hugs- I'm totally invested and feeling this journey with you! T^T
I'm glad he missed that cold front though. That would have been a shock. 80*f to -15*f CX
Keep me updated. <3

I jinxed it earlier, right when I got all of them down, I posted that and the eldest toddler woke up crying and stayed awake. Which is unusual.
I prefer a 6 kid group, paired off and in relatively good moods over small fussy groups.
4 fussy kids is hard because one is mine and they all want one on one attention.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/2 02:51:13 )
@Koah: he made it to Denver. Now a 3 hour lay-over before going to his final destination. He says everything is white, but he's still hot, and the plane skidded on some ice...

... I'm ok, but this is a LOT to process in a very short period of time... This is hard, emotionally, on so many levels... And I'm *not* a clingy helicopter type parent... Argghh!! I must have been very good at my job to raise confident young adults! 😅😭

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/2 03:24:36 )
@Wildfire: You did an amazing job [and still doing an amazing job] at raising your son. He feels confident and individual enough to do something so far away from home. <3
How's your other son doing with all this? I forgot to ask before. o;o' I imagine they're close?

The scenery is only going to get whiter. CX I lived in Denver for a year, they get snow for a day or two and it melts pretty quickly. That place has really bipolar weather. o.0

//off topic, but I FINALLy got my avi looking western gunslinger chic and I'm just.. very proud of it. XDD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/2 06:22:36 )

@Koah: Well crap I'm craving chocolate milk right now x.x
I think it will taste like homemade chocolate popsicle~

@wildfire: Yes to be honest, another day movie binging and not getting much stuff done...
How was yours going?

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — whatever Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/2 06:56:48 )

I was just thinking about making chocolate milk, myself! Lol!
Please ping me!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/2 14:26:33 )
well then, we need to make today a chocolate milk day. XD <3

@CooperationIsKey: lol

@Purpsy: lol

after I caffeinate though. I didn't get much sleep. cx

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/2 14:27:38 )
@Koah: lol - they're close, but they're fairly opposite personalities, and are on different wave-lengths for the most part. But, as my elder son wrote in a card for the younger "... I'll miss you occasionally. Don't die." XD He's used to his younger brother's shenanigans :3 My "cowboy" has landed in WY. I haven't heard from him since, but I hope the trip to the ranch and all went well. Hopefully he'll call or text later today.

Your cowgirl avatar is adorable <3 ... definitely looks like a dressed up, but quite capable cowgirl, looking for... something... XD

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/2 14:30:08 )
@Purpsy: lol - what are you binging now? Sometimes you just need a day or two of that kind of thing. I might do something like that myself today, tbh...

@CooperationIsKey: Hey Key. How are you doing today, so far?

@Koah: Sorry to hear you didn't get much sleep. Hopefully today is an easy and quiet one for you at the day care! :3

lol - chocolate milk. I can't remember the last time I had chocolate milk! <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.