Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 02:53:48 )
Hey xvz! It's been a while!

Are those the only 2 EIs you want, or did you want a set?

And thank you!! I was really excited about these eyes in the Dream Door EI lol. Thanks again for the congrats!

I've got my family to shop for, so parents, siblings, fiance, and son. And I wanted to shop for some coworkers and managers if I can because I really appreciate them. I have some ideas for some people, but am stuck on others.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 02:59:04 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

i tried posting in all the event threads, hopefully they'll be generous and still grant items for posting in them?
i tried doing some jigsaws but they're hurting my eyes a bit, but i've been trying to buy the ei's in order of how much i want them! lol
maybe i can get a set in the exchange though otherwise!

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 03:00:30 )

and yeah it has been a while!!! how have you been?
did you do anything for holidays so far?

that's so sweet of you :-) i'm always kind of stumped w holiday shopping / not clear who to shop for or not @@
what are ur ideas so far??

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 03:05:30 )
Have you tried playing Blackjack yet? It's an easy way to get 250 event currency daily!

For Thanksgiving, I went to Disney. xD Well, Thanksgiving Day was spent at Animal Kingdom, and the 3 days after that were at Magic Kingdom lol. So that was fun! I'm working Christmas, but I don't mind since I got my Thanksgiving vacation. Did you do anything fun yet?

Yep, some people are sooo hard to shop for, like my siblings sometimes. x-x I never know what they like anymore, and when I ask, they'll go 'idk'. xP One of my coworkers and also a supervisor like plants/gardening, so probably going to get them house plants or something along those lines. Not sure what kind yet as I'm going to ask for recommendations and research. For my fiance, he wants a Mexican mortar and pestle called a molcajete (not even sure if I spelled that right). My mom suggested that I get a monopod for my dad since his current one broke/isn't functioning like it should. Aaaand I'm still coming up with ideas for the others I want to shop for.

Do you have gift ideas for your loved ones?

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 03:15:53 )

ahh yeah i did!! i lost like 400-500 volts though lolol
i usually hit if it's 16 or lower? there could be a better strategy based on what the dealer has i think but i wasn't thinking too hard abt it lol

ahh nice!! my housemates went to disney for thanksgiving too lol
any favorite rides??

i went to texas with my partner! and then we went camping at big bend national park afterwards, it was so pretty and the desert is so cool... and texas was way warmer than ny lol which was a welcome change for me! not sure what i'm doing for dec holidays yet though, no concrete plans so far

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 03:17:51 )

mm plants are a nice easy gift i think!! i feel like arts and cooking are easy hobbies to shop for usually... like getting someone some nice art supplies or sketchbook or like cute kitchen/homeware
i feel like cute bath sets tend to be like a nice generic gift most ppl might appreciate it? esp if you know what kind of scents they like?

molcajete sounds like a unique gift!! what's a monopod for?

hmm tbh not sure ... i was thinking of getting my partner a nice backpck cuz his current one is super old and worn?

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 03:26:43 )
Yep, always a gamble with Blackjack, but I can't resist playing anyway lol. I pretty much use the same strategy as you and hit with 16 or lower.

Nice! Hmm, favorite ride is hard to say. Small World and Haunted Mansion come to mind, but there are others.

Sounds like you had a great vacation! I've never been to Texas (other than through the airports from time to time) so that sounds like fun! I'm sure the climate is very similar to Florida lol.

I have no idea what favorite scents anyone has, otherwise I'd definitely go with like a spa kit or something for some people. Not to mention, no idea if anyone's allergic to any of that stuff.

The monopod is used for a camera, kinda like a tripod, except it's just a stick. Uhh, think like a selfie stick you position on the ground, I guess? Except he doesn't use them for selfies, but that's the closest analogy I could come up with haha.

That sounds like a nice gift! I like getting practical gifts as well as for-fun gifts.

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 06:41:40 )

ooh haunted mansion!! sounds fun :-) did you all go together?
my friend mentioned the lines being like an hour for each ride so she didn't get to go on as many as she was hoping, i feel like you have to really prioritize which ones to make time for!
since you're in florida do u get to go to disney often??

lol it's been snowing up north!!! so cold ... i have a good winter strategy though which is to wear something warm and fuzzy and pair it with a windbreaker outer layer! it was down to low 30s last night and i still felt relatively comfortable surprisingly :0

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 06:42:48 )

ahh true allergies ... lmk what u end up getting for people, i'm curious for gift inspo!

does your dad do photography much? is there a reason someone would use a monopod over a tripod?

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 13:42:31 )
@Totalanimefan: I totally understand! I have so many places I want to go (which I think I mentioned before lol). But I'm glad your trip is going well :D

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 22:22:38 )

@Aisukohi: omg omg that’s super exciting! I’m so happy for you.
I am in the UK still. I’m here until the 13th and I’m having a good time.
@xvz: hey long time no see!! How have you been? I’m in the UK right now visiting my husband’s family. If you need event items I have a ton of goodie bags from this event.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/10 22:26:36 )

@SorrowTheMad: you should plan out trips now. Even if you can’t go for 10 years it’s just fun to research and plan! ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/11 01:07:29 )
@xvz: Yep, my whole family went, so myself, fiance, kiddo, my parents, and my siblings (9 total) lol. We don't go to Disney often, mostly because it's hard to coordinate schedules between school and work. So it was a nice treat that we're counting as our Christmas present. :)

Smart of you to do layers that way! I got a nice windbreaker type jacket that also has a soft warm inner lining and I use it a ton! It hasn't yet gotten to the 30s here, but Florida does get that cold, believe it or not. Very briefly, but it does. xD

My dad takes photos as a hobby, usually of people, but he'll do animals and non-living things too. I'm not sure why someone would use a monopod vs. a tripod lol. I'm not super knowledgeable about the art of photography, so can only hope I get the right brand for him. ^^;

@Totalanimefan: Thank you!! I'm excited and nervous at the same time, but I know it'll all work out with my great support system. Sounds like a nice vacation for you, and hope you have safe travels on your return!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/12 10:49:48 )

@Aisukohi: we are returning tomorrow but today is also a bit of a travel day since I have to get from Liverpool to London. And then London to the airport.
Let me know what the new job is like when it starts ^^

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/12 16:37:43 )
@Totalanimefan: That's a good idea, I hadn't thought of that! Thanks for the tip :D

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/13 12:12:46 )

@SorrowTheMad: no problem. I find it very exciting to plan and you tend to learn something too.
Also good for when you finally can go lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/13 13:47:10 )
@Totalanimefan: That's true, takes a lot of the stress out of it once it actually ends up happening! I like it!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/14 02:29:51 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

@Totalanimefan:

I beat SMT!l finally!

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/14 03:05:16 )
@Totalanimefan: Hoping you made it home safely by the time you read this! What was/were your favorite part(s) of the trip?
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie — The Dude Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/14 06:51:38 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: That WOULD be jarring, I admit...

@sorrowthemad: Oh wow, thank heavens it was just a scare. That would have sucked (to massively understate it) if it had been a re-infection.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.