Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/1 17:46:26 )
@Colin: I get you man, sorry to hear it's been stressful though. I'm ok. I thought I might have gotten Covid again but I got tested and it came up negative thankfully! Just a cold I think.

@Totalanimefan: I did have a good weekend, but then I started getting symptoms. Got tested for Covid though and it's a negative so either cold or the Flu. Flu has been going around in my area so it wouldn't shock me much if it was. How are you? :D

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/1 18:09:40 )

@SorrowTheMad: Ugh the Flu is horrible! I've had it a few times in my life and it just completely knocks you out for like 5 days. It could also be a bad cold which isn't fun either.
I'm good. I'm actually flying to England on Saturday. ^^;

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/1 20:42:08 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm guessing it's on the side of a cold because I feel mostly fine, just a bit tired and my throat hurts. Yeah, the flu sucks though. I've only had it twice I think, and I hate it.
Oh yeah, good luck with that :D Hope you have a fantastic trip :)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/1 21:37:47 )

@SorrowTheMad: Yeah probably a cold. I hope that you feel better soon. Those still aren't fun.
I've had the flu 2-3 times in my life and boy it really just knocks you on your ass lol

Thank you. I'm hoping that the travel part of the trip goes smoothly. That's the part I hate about traveling.

Voltie — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 14:56:47 )

@Totalanimefan: ah okay yeah !! been doing them even if i can't exactly
do them (the activity) it's been super fun, when do you think the next
event is gonna be ? maybe christmas / winter themed event coming ?

exactlyyy - , - and ahh okay omg.. just wild, the total blindness to the fact

definitely is !! i appreciate your kindness a lot T____T i think i have every
item / set i want now from this event ! i'm really liking the darker ones

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 16:52:40 )

@harmony: I haven't had time to do the activities either. I do really like the daily art that goes along with the thread.
There will be a winter event. I'm not sure when. We had our summer event like a month late, and then it caused the anniversary event to be 3 weeks late, and then I would say we started this one about a week later than normal. So I don't know if they are going to make the winter event in Jan? I do think that people need breaks from back to back events. Also, I'm sure you know this, but I'm not staff. I'm just a user that has been around a while lol. I only have guesses.

It's no problem. I know what it's like to be new. Lots of past items to get. Aren't the event items on Voltra great? They are items you actually want to use and not junk like Gaia's used to be.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/2 22:43:16 )
    It's interesting to see what people--particularly the long-time users--can do with their avatars here.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 13:24:57 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm feeling pretty good today, other than a little bit of froggy throat, so it definitely was just a cold or something. Yeah the flu sucks especially when your whole family ends up getting it.
Good luck again :D I'm sure it will go off without a hitch (knocking on wood). I bet you're excited :D

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 14:40:07 )

@blue: I totally agree. I’m not someone who makes great avatars. I’m talk about other oldbies lol
How are you?
@SorrowTheMad: sounds like you are getting better. The flight is tomorrow night. I hate overnight flights but it’s really all the airlines offer when going to Europe. I’m trying to turn my anxieties about the actually travel part into excitement lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 16:14:40 )
    @Totalanimefan: Have a safe flight and be careful over there.

I'm not doing too badly, just enjoying the morning sun. I hope you're doing well, too.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 20:28:55 )

@blue: I wish there was a sun to enjoy here. It's cloudy today.
Thank you. The flight is tomorrow night. I'm going to clean the house today and then make tomorrow a relaxing day.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 20:32:07 )
    @Totalanimefan: Good call. I'm usually pretty relaxed when I travel, although I just chalk it up to an easygoing demeanor and having packed a few days/day in advance. My partner will run around and get flustered in line because it's not moving as quickly as it could.

Maybe you'll have some sun tomorrow? It has been really lovely and romantic in the living room during the morning and afternoons, so I've just taken to sitting on the couch there to read.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 20:34:53 )

@blue: I don't mind being on an airplane at all. It's everything that you have to do beforehand. And with Rona there are lots of extra steps and stuff to do. I don't like the cleaning, packing, deciding who is going to watch the animals, getting to the airport (it's over an hour away), making sure you didn't forget things like your passport, etc. Once I'm on the flight and all the BS is over with I'm good lol.
It's also an overnight flight and I can pretty much never sleep on those even though I'm so tired.

I hope that tomorrow will look nice because in the UK it's going to be cloudy or raining everyday I'm there. That all sounds really nice. It seems like a nice way to relax.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 20:43:19 )
    @Totalanimefan: That's fair. It becomes a lot more difficult when you have pets or it's a long trip and you want someone to watch the house for a bit. I used to be on call for a client to house-sit their plants when they left town. It was pretty nice because I was closer to school and it was a great way to have my own space.

I lost my ID once when I was in Canada, and I had the worst allergies of my life at the time. It was not a good look to try and explain.

How lucky that you can sleep on flights! I have tried so often but I'm just not comfortable enough and end up kind of going into a sort of 'standby' mode where I'm zoned out for hours but not really sleeping and not really there.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 20:47:16 )

@blue: It's a good job to have. I did it in college too.
But yes it's annoying to do all the things to prep for the trip. By the time I get to the airport I just want to go home and rest lol

Oh no! What happened?

I can't. I normally have drugs in me, and I think once I slept for 20 mins...on a 14 hour flight lol. It's so not comfy. You try to sleep but you are just straight up so either your head falls over or you wake yourself up somehow. I try to do the 'rest' mode too. It's better than nothing but my body really hates not really sleep and I feel like shit. Tummy feels off, heartbeat is faster, I feel achy. It's not good lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 20:54:36 )
    @Totalanimefan: Oh definitely, it's not a great feeling. My partner can sleep anywhere, so I'm envious of that ability. It was easier with some CBD, but I still found that I wasn't really getting a restful sleep on the plane so I just stopped trying. Even so, I'm not all that broken up about it because my flights have never been that long.

hahaha
    I'm afraid I just lost it while packing from the hotel. It wasn't too much of a deal, but I forget how all the border guards on the U.S. side have some kind of little man complex. The worst part of it all was really just having to go to a DMV again.

I definitely enjoyed the house and pet sitting when I was in school. It was a fun way to try out different snacks, but also to experience having a pet for a little bit. Some of my clients were kind of funny about how their pets were depressed when the owners came back and I was gone!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 21:10:00 )

@blue: I'm jelly of them too lol
What's the longest flight you have ever been on? Are they normally red-eyes?

Good thing it was only the US and Canada. But still I would have been so stressed and also the DMV is ew. I have to go to change my DL but I haven't yet. It's impossible to get an appt with Rona.

The pets really miss their owners. I think pets don't really like change. The ones I watched regularly I did every weekend so I don't think they minded. The ones I watched once in a while would really miss their owners. I also liked having a place where I had the house to myself.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 21:52:55 )
    @Totalanimefan: Mostly the flights were red-eye, and they were an awkward length of about 5 hours. Between time navigating the airport and then actually being on board, you just never manage to get genuine rest.

I thought getting an appointment here would be difficult, but it was surprisingly easy for me. I just booked an appointment online and then had to show proof of an appointment at the door. It's a spacious room, lots of seating, but they did me so dirty on the ID photo, lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 21:56:52 )

@blue: 5 hours is almost coast to coast for the US (which is 6 hours from CA to NY, PA, FL, Etc)
That's a short time for a red eye. I have done all my to Europe travels as a red eye and many CA to east coast flights as a red eye. But I don't think I want to do CA to east coast as a red eye anymore. 6 hours is not long enough to need an overnight flight. My flight tomorrow will be 7 or 7.5 hours.

How far away is the airport from you? I have one very close to my house, but that one only does short flights. So if I want to go to Europe, CA, or any flight over 4 hours I have to get to the other airport which is about 1.5 hours away from my house.

That's awesome. Right now appts for the DMV in my area are like 4 months out lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/3 22:02:22 )
    @Totalanimefan: That wait time had me gasp, haha. It seems I've become a little more accustomed to not waiting in the area than I would have normally admitted.

The airport here is maybe anywhere between a 25min to a 1hr drive. It kind of just depends on traffic, but usually we aim for spending about 30-40 minutes for the drive there. Back where I grew up, the airport was only 15 minutes away so you could really fly by the seat of your pants! Of course, all flights were red eye and it was about 5/6 hours to get anywhere.

The most inconvenient airport for me was Portland (PDX). I was in Salem at the time, about an hour away, and it was just a nightmare if you had to fly out because it meant procuring a very expensive ride, driving yourself an hoping your car would be there when you got back, relying on the good graces of a friend, or taking a shuttle. The shuttle wasn't too bad, but it wasn't always super convenient.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.