Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/14 16:30:01 )

@SorrowTheMad: So true and for me it makes me really excited about the trip ^^ Have you researched anything yet?

@Spider: OMG that's awesome! I haven't played it at all since my before my trip (just got back last night), if I clean the house I'm allowing myself to play it later. I'm in that demon castle, or I think I just finished it. I'm sure the game is awesome. When I'm done I want to replay it again for the different endings. Do you have any fav demons from your travels?

@Aisukohi: Thank you. I did. It was a long day yesterday with a lot of traveling. Got home late and literally went straight to bed. My fav was probably seeing my friend in London for lunch. It was also really nice to see that the UK is doing a lot for climate change. People are driving less (or buying electric cars) you see ads everyone to bike, or take the train. The trains are really good in the UK. Fast and they come often. I also saw a few wind farms too. Seeing my In-laws wasn't bad either except that they were all sick with bad colds and I got it. UGH. It was also nice to just get away from the US for a little bit. I love living here but damn if it isn't stressful at times.

@Colin: I feel like we haven't chatted in a while. How have you been?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/14 21:39:25 )

@Sunny: I thought that I would reply to you here.
I had a great time in the UK. I got back to the US last night.
I started and ended in London since that's where I few into. Went to Merseyside since that's where my husband's family is from. Went to Manchester for an overnight stay with a friend too. I'm really impressed with what Manchester is doing to commit to climate change and make the city a better place to live. Lots of new buildings, parks, street improvements. It looked really nice.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/15 03:00:37 )
@Totalanimefan: You're welcome, and sounds like you stayed busy! Glad you had a great time, though sorry you caught a cold. xP It really is refreshing to see greener cities like that, which was what Boise was like to me (relative to Jacksonville, it's hella clean and well-kept, plus they're very proactive over there). It's nice that the area you were at have healthy alternative transportation. We have a bus system here, but the routes only go so far, and it's the biggest city in the Southeastern US (land area wise). Also just getting from point A to point B can take forever because of how far everything is spread out, and of course people drive like maniacs here.

So yeah, totally agree living in the States can be stressful. xD

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/15 03:27:46 )

@Aisukohi: We were so busy. It was fly, then London, then train to Liverpool the next day, then a train to Manchester the next day, then a train back to Liverpool. A few days there and then a train back to London and then a flight back to the US. At least the trains are fast in the UK. Top speed is 110 MPH.
FL sucks at public transportation. This is coming from a native that moved to DC to be able to live car free lol. I feel like FL, TX and CA are horrible at getting people out of their cars and don't even get me started about the horrible air quality in CA from cars. Anyway, lol
Yeah it is, people fighting all the time. I feel like we are the only nation left that still fights if climate change is real or not lol. The whole leftovers from Jan 6th and elections is not really great for democracy either. Cost of goods is getting crazy and the cost of housing is sky high too. Not that the UK is having a good time, they have Brexit, but yeah lol.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/15 03:50:01 )
@Totalanimefan: Sounds like a lot of traveling indeed! That was my entire vacation as well back in August when my fiance's family came down to see us. xD We live in the Jacksonville area, but we went down to Orlando for the first few days they were here, then came home for a few days, but did day trips to St. Augustine and Savannah, and finally spent the last couple days they were here back in Orlando. Oh and we made a day trip to Tampa while we were in the Orlando area as well. xP So I felt like I needed a vacation from my vacation when all was said and done!

OMG yes on all those points you made!! I'm tired of hearing about the January 6th garbage, and I'm straight up not having a good time with the rising price of goods and inflated housing market. Was going to try to buy a house earlier this year, but I'm not about to pay 50k over asking price for a house, all in cash, by the way, overnight and without even doing an inspection. Because apparently that's how you buy a house nowadays. -table flip- BuT tHe InTeReSt RaTeS aRe So LoW! Nah, man, that's a huge investment that I'm gonna take my time with.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/15 03:53:53 )

@Aisukohi: Wow that is a lot of travel. A few hours each way. I guess that's what it's like now since we didn't see anyone for two years. Now that we are seeing people we are trying to get the most out of it.
I totally felt like I needed a vacation after my last 'vacation' to FL too. I did so much traveling to see all my friends and family.
I'm tired of hearing about nothing happening to the people who did Jan 6th. That was not a good thing. I think it's ok to wait it out and try to find a house you like/love instead of just getting the first thing you can cause of the craze you know? Grocery bills are so high now lol.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/15 04:03:44 )
@Totalanimefan: You're totally right in trying to cram everything in because we haven't seen loved ones in so long lol. I knew it would be a lot from the get-go, but I agreed because I never wanted anyone to say they were bored, or didn't get to do xyz.

Yeah, I understand court in general is a slow process, but part of me is like, "Okay, clearly they're guilty, why haven't they been sentenced yet?" Do stupid things, win stupid prizes, I say. But our justice system is fabulous, as you know. *cough* But yeah, definitely gonna wait out the housing situation, and groceries are indeed expensive. I wish our more affordable food venues weren't so far out of our way, otherwise I'd go there instead of the grocery store we normally go to.

Gonna call it a night, so this conversation is to be continued lol. Hope you get some rest and feel better soon!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/15 04:13:36 )

@Aisukohi: My next trip I want to be more relaxing but I don't know if that will happen, would be nice though.
I SSSOOOOO agree with you and I'm glad that we are thinking the same page, but it's true. They should have the right to a far trail like everyone else. I'm sure you know as you also grew up in FL, you never really talk about politics in the open like the workplace, etc. So sometimes on Voltra I don't want to say anything, but honestly Jan 6th should not be a political issue. It's not about left or right. It's about keeping the US a democracy. lol
I feel like even the affordable stores are getting expensive, like, I'm not sure if it's worth the trip. I went to Aldi and Lidi (like an Aldi) lately, and it's still like wow it costs that much? lol
What kind of home are you hoping for? What kind of location?
Thanks, good night!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/15 14:08:22 )
@Colin: Yeah for sure! I think it's just a bug going around. I found out a few days after I got cleared of Covid that about 8 other people got sick that had been there that night. Sucks but thankfully it only lasted a few days.

@Totalanimefan: I bet! I haven't had much of an opportunity yet unfortunately. I've been busy with work and shopping, and I need to do a bit more writing one of these days lol. But I'll get around to it :)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/15 15:40:00 )

@SorrowTheMad: No rush. How is the Christmas shopping going?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/15 17:08:40 )
    @Totalanimefan: that's good that you had a good time! I haven't been to Manchester in ages, but when I last went they were revamping their public transport infrastructure! I remember thinking I should go back and revisit, but then Covid happened....

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/15 17:35:32 )

@sunny: When it's safe to do so again you can go back to Manchester. ^^ It's not going anywhere. How long is the train ride from Nottingham to Manchester? (I'm assuming that's your nearest city)
I did have a good time. I'm trying to study today while sick with a cold and it's like my brain can't compute lol
How are you doing?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/15 17:57:14 )
    @Totalanimefan: I can get the train from my local station, so I don't need to go into the city! It takes like an hour and a half, pretty fast :)
    Oh no :( can't you take a few days off to recover? Surely you are far ahead due to all the studying you've done!
    I'm good thanks, nothing much has happened to me. My poor dog has a bad ear infection but he is on special ear drops :( poor boy :(

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/15 22:03:03 )

@sunny: that’s something I love about England. Trains even in the places with very small populations. :)
Yeah I’m taking time off. There is no way I can learn about managerial finance like this lol.
Aww poor baby. Do you know how it happened?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 14:44:11 )
@Totalanimefan: It's going! Gotta find a few more things for a few people but yeah, I'm almost done. :D How about for you? Did you shop before you went on your trip?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 14:47:47 )

@SorrowTheMad: Yeah I got gifts for people. I just need to sent two Christmas cards. :)
Maybe I should send my Dad a gift box of fruit too. He tends to like that.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 16:41:52 )
    @Totalanimefan: idk, we didn't notice until my mum touched his ear and he yelped :( he hasn't been scratching it or anything.
    I went to the opticians (eye dr) today. I really like my new glasses, they will be ready on my birthday (27th). They are a different style than I usually get but I think they will suit me.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 16:55:56 )

@sunny: Aw poor thing. I hope he gets better soon.
Nice! I always like getting new glasses too. It's often hard for me to pick out new ones. My face is small so a lot of them are too big for me lol
Happy almost bday. I didn't know it was Dec 27th.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 17:08:32 )
    @Totalanimefan: me too :( he has to go to the vets and have 2 more doses of his ear drops, and then see if he is better.
    When I went today, they had special glasses that are for smaller faces (not kids lol) and that was the first time I've seen anything like that.
    Thank you. It is the big 3-0. I am not happy about it lol.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/16 17:32:45 )

@sunny: My dog had to go to the vet while I was in England. He's ok, but the sitter thinks that he had a seizure. I still have to give him meds.
I need to find something like that too. Hopefully they have that in the states.
I just turned 30 in July. I never would have thought it would bother me, but then people were like oh you are starting to get old, your body is going to start changing and it will be harder to recover from things and I was like, oh no. I don't want that!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.