Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 15:33:26 )
@sunny: hello! I'm good thanks- just been busy trying to prep for Christmas and doing some gardening things lately. How are you? What's new?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 15:52:12 )
    @Wildfire: same really. Getting ready for Christmas etc. Wrapping presents etc. How much more do you have to do?
    I got a new piercing the other day. My helix, on the top of my ear. I wanted it for ages and I finally got it!
    It's my 30th birthday on the 27th and I am not ready lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 17:39:29 )

@Wildfire Thanks for the holiday cheer!

@sunny: Rune Factory and Stardew are the most popular. Let me see what has come out in the UK. Cause there are the Story of Seasons games. Those are good. Rune Factory 5 is coming out in the US in March. I don't know the UK release date but probably sometime between March and May.
Would she like a Pokemon Game?
Ok for the UK there are these two games on sale that are Story of Seasons.
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-games/STORY-OF-SEASONS-Friends-of-Mineral-Town-1783593.html
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-games/STORY-OF-SEASONS-Pioneers-of-Olive-Town-1864880.html

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 19:47:10 )
    @Totalanimefan: thank you for those suggestions! They look good, I think she would really like Friends of Mineral Town.
    She wouldn't play Pokemon no, she has tried before but she doesn't really enjoy battling type games. She is a very casual gamer lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 20:08:54 )

@sunny: Oh I see. Then Pokemon is out. Friends of Mineral Town got good reviews. I'm excited for Rune Factory 5 next year. It looks like a great game.
How are you doing today? Just a few more days until Christmas. My husband is getting his booster today. :)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 20:19:00 )
    @Totalanimefan: oh that's good! Have you had all your vaccines?
    I'm good thanks, kind of tired. I am pretty excited for Christmas! My dog is super excited, he wanted to open his presents today lol. It's uncanny how he knows which ones are his XD

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 20:23:14 )

@sunny: I will need my booster in the New Year. The problem is I don't know if I can do it again. I have PTSD related to it, and the women that helped it through it before is not retired. I know I need to get it, it's better than being in the hospital with IVs in me, but I don't know if I'm mentally ready. I was told when I got the shots that I might need a booster in a year, and now it's like I pretty much have to and it's only been 6 months.

That's so funny. He must be able to smell them I guess? I'm excited for Christmas too.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/22 21:12:07 )

@sunny: I just thought about another game, it's called Brain vs Brain. I asked for it for Christmas. It's little brain puzzles that help keep your mind sharp. There is also a multiplayer mode so you or your brother could play against her too. There is also a demo
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-games/Big-Brain-Academy-Brain-vs-Brain-2034538.html

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 00:27:54 )
@sunny: Sorry I disappeared on you - the day grabbed me and wouldn't let go!! XD

Congrats on the helix piercing... and on the upcoming benchmark birthday! Do you have any plans to celebrate?

I'm about as ready for Christmas as I can be without doing the actual cooking. I'll run to get groceries tomorrow and vacuum again, otherwise stuff some stockings, probably? ... and there's always one or two gifts that seem to have escaped previous wrapping sessions... beyond that though, there's not much more to do around here.

@Totalanimefan: lol - you're welcome?! XD <3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 00:39:01 )

@Wildfire: No need for the question mark. You are dressed like an elf and bringing us lol

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 01:08:37 )
@Totalanimefan: hey thank you :3

merry early christmas

wish ya all the best for the rest of the year and onto the next

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 01:10:39 )

@Shark: It's no problem. I didn't know what to get you, so I hope you liked the gift <3
Merry Christmas. I figure it's better to give it a little early than a little late. ^^ I hope that 2022 is better for both me and you

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 01:12:36 )
@Totalanimefan: hell yeah.

oh please let 2022 be just *decent* even. lol

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 01:19:09 )

@Shark: I'm thinking the same thing! I will say, with Rona at least it's a little different this time as most people are vaccinated and the strain isn't putting as many people in the hospital. -fingers crossed-

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 01:28:47 )
@Totalanimefan: it's still so weird and scary :(

at least I'm tripled up and the people around me are too.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 01:40:05 )
Totalanimefan:

@Aisukohi: that sounds like so much fun. Is there anything like that around you?
There is a big farmers market near me and I like to go. There are a ton of stands but my fav is one that makes breakfast sandwiches. Best I ever had!
Yeah normally condos are like that but there might be some that aren’t.
Oh I see. Do you like planning to make this house the forever house instead of like a starter home and then moving when you need something bigger?

Sorry for the late reply lol. I tend to disappear without warning. xD

As for the large food market, I'm not aware of any near me, but that's not to say there aren't. I've heard of a farmer's market that's closer to town supposedly open 7 days a week, so been meaning to check it out if it's true.

I'm torn on the housing question. On the one hand, I'd like to go ahead and purchase a permanent home, but on the other, I want to have room for my parents to move in whenever they start needing more care. Hopefully they won't need that for many more years, at least until my child(ren) are grown, but since I work in healthcare with the elderly, I'm mentally preparing myself for the day that comes. Elderly care is SO expensive, regardless of how you do it. I'm not sure if I'd ever want to put my parents in a long term care facility if I can help it, not only because I doubt I can afford it, but also not sure if I could trust anywhere to care for them lol. But I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 01:44:01 )

@Aisukohi: It's no problem. That's the magic of the ping system.
Oh that sounds nice. The internet would probably be able to point you in the right direction. ^^
Yes it is soo expensive and is really hard mentally too. How old are your parents? Do your parents own a place? You could use the money from that sale that help fund a bigger house? Do you have any siblings? True, true. If talking about your parents is too much we can move on to something else. ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 01:44:25 )

@Shark: That's great! My husband just got his booster today. I'm going to get mine soon. Not sure when.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 01:52:35 )
@Totalanimefan: lol I don't mind talking about my parents. I'm the oldest of five kids, the youngest of which is 15. My parents are in their mid to late 50s, so again, they won't need much care until 20+ years from now, although I've worked with adults about their age due to various health issues. They currently live in my late grandparents' house, which is paid off and their names are now on the legal documents. But the house needs lots of work, which they're trying to rebuild after my dad gets a job hopefully sometime next year. They want to give the house to us kids someday so we always have somewhere to live in case we fall on hard times. So unless my parents decide to change their mind for whatever reason, or my siblings and I all agree to sell the house, probably gonna keep the house lol.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/12/23 02:51:57 )

@Aisukohi: ah I see. How big is that grandparents’ house? Maybe it’s enough for them plus the kids that watch over them. I would say 50’s is pretty good. My parents are both 61 but don’t take care of themselves. My mom always had this stupid notion that because her parents died young that she would never live to be past like 65. And now she’s 61 with no retirement. I would totally buy a house with a ADU or a ‘granny flat’ but my mom and I butt heads a lot and don’t get along. Push came to shove I would though. She wants to live in Ireland when she retires. (My parents are divorced). My dad is still in FL. Luckily his new wife is a nurse and she is nice. I couldn’t see him ever leaving FL. I like FL but the job market is poor and it’s so far dependent. It’s one of the reasons my husband and I moved to DC. It’s also in between my parents. 2 hours on the train I’m at my mom’s and two hours on a plane I’m at my dad’s.
Anyway back to your parents would you be able to share the responsibilities of elderly parents with your siblings?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.