Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 15:56:45 )
@0v7: Thanks for the recommendation, but I'm not sure what you mean by "brush creation tools"? Do you mean the availability of different brush textures? Sorry, I'm a bit of a nub when it comes to digital art still. ^^;

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 15:57:53 )
Also brb, breakfast calls!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 15:58:07 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

@Aisukohi: Things like pressure sensitivity, brush tips, rotation, textures, etc etc. Krita has an amazing brush engine/creation thing!!
Have a good breakfast :D

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 16:00:44 )
Oh yeah - Does anyone know if there's a pen that will work with a touchscreen? That might work for me too, now that I think about it!

@Aisukohi: I have Inkscape, Krita and Serif Photoplus installed on this computer. I absolutely loathe GIMP for some reason, but I know I'm probably the minority. Anyway, all of these art softwares are really cheap (like $10) or free. I was using Photoplus for a long time on my other computer and it did most things I needed it to do pretty easily.

@0v7: Oh those are good questions! I haven't thought about pen sensitivity in a while, tbh. It would need to be fairly sensitive, I'd think, since otherwise it just makes me crazy when I draw freehand on the computer/tablet, but I'd probably end up doing mostly pixel work (not my fave, but a necessity). Thank you for the offer to look! I would prefer not to spend too much on a tablet, but am willing to spend the money if it's the right one, so my budget is fairly open, I guess.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 16:03:35 )
also - PAGE 50!!
We never did decide what we wanted to do to celebrate, did we?
(sorry - I think I'm a little decision-fatigued right now, which is partly why I'm asking you guys for input)

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 16:06:11 )

@Wildfire: Depends on the touchscreen - does it support pressure sensitivity?
Also, my old tablet IS in production, I just don't have eyes lol. Here's a link to an Amazon listing of it! I used to use this before my pen display and this lil tablet lasted YEARS. It also comes with... 8 nibs I think? Which is generous imo.

If you want something a little cheaper... This one looks good too! It has less express buttons, but has the same pressure sensitivity and a battery-free pen.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 16:09:06 )

I think doing art would be good :0 Of course, one can say they want to be skipped/can't draw the person above...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 16:25:51 )
@0v7: Thank you for the suggestions! $50 or less? Done! I was honestly expecting to have to spend more. I'll take a better look at these when I get back from taking care of something. Of course, if these are your old tablets, it bears asking, what are you using now?
I do prefer the battery-less pens and extra nibs are always a bonus.
I can't find any information on whether or not the laptop has a pressure sensitive screen. Probably not.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 16:28:15 )

@Wildfire: If it doesn't have one, then you might be better off with either tablet I linked :0
I use a pen display tablet right now - the Huion GT-191. It's amazing, but also the price is... a lot. I paid $400 for mine.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 16:31:50 )
OK! ARTWORK IT IS!

-------------------------------------------------------------
To celebrate reaching page 50, anyone who posts or posted from page 50 through page 52 has the option to participate (unless we want to extend this). If you would prefer not to participate, just post indicating that. Otherwise, we'll do artwork of each other - specifically, the person who posted above you, unless it gets to the point where it's just two of you, then please "reserve" a person to draw. Also, let's try to get all the regular posters some artwork, k? I'll leave it to the artist to decide what their limitations are.

@0v7: it looks like I have you to draw, and you have Aisu

@Purpsy:
@star2000shadow:
@Miss Sandman:
@Another Movie Addict:
@aisukohi:
... do you guys want in on this activity? You all posted on page 49 and it seems like you should be included! :3

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 16:35:00 )

@Wildfire: Should I give you a ref of who I want drawn ?? :0 My avi's a bit...cluttered... >w>;

@Aisukohi: What do you want me to draw for you :3

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 16:36:05 )

I could probably do 2 people, actually. Anyone who was pinged above and isn't getting artwork - let me know if you want me to draw something for you!!!!
My art gallery's in my signature, and also I can dig up more examples if needed.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 16:44:05 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Butterfly Kisses | Key to Heaven | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Avian Misery | Falling Star

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Wildfire:
OK! ARTWORK IT IS!

To celebrate reaching page 50, anyone who posts or posted from page 50 through page 52 has the option to participate (unless we want to extend this). If you would prefer not to participate, just post indicating that. Otherwise, we'll do artwork of each other - specifically, the person who posted above you, unless it gets to the point where it's just two of you, then please "reserve" a person to draw. Also, let's try to get all the regular posters some artwork, k? I'll leave it to the artist to decide what their limitations are.

@0v7: it looks like I have you to draw, and you have Aisu

@Purpsy:
@star2000shadow:
@Miss Sandman:
@Another Movie Addict:
@aisukohi:
... do you guys want in on this activity? You all posted on page 49 and it seems like you should be included! :3

no hun i don't want in, i have no way to get artwork in and or on mycomp, and I'm not very good but thanks for asking. <:3( )~~

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 16:48:51 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Butterfly Kisses | Key to Heaven | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Avian Misery | Falling Star

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Wildfire:
@star2000shadow: I remember at least one time when I was a kid having snow on Halloween. I don't remember what it was like at Thanksgiving though.

Weve had one 'snow' filled day on halloween twice, otherwise it's just cold enough to need heavy coats and such. not that it mattered. kids still had fun. now though no clue 'shrugs' <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 16:53:34 )
Good Morning! :)

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 16:54:44 )

Morning Koah!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 16:56:25 )
Oh! I like your art! =D That's awesome!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 16:56:54 )
This is exactly

Woo for days off!!

what you think it is.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 16:57:16 )

Shadami made my post art !! I need to figure out how to put credit in my signature but it's already at the max limit D:

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 16:59:02 )

Nvm it wasn't. When did that happen >_>

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.