Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:36:20 )
@Wildfire: I dont do Art atm iam burnt out v_v

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:36:26 )
@0v7: You got it! You've seen my style, right? That said, I might just wait to draw your av so I can play with the new tablet instead (I'm assuming you don't mind - do you?)!

@another movie addict: Right - I forgot that you said the next installment of WoW was coming out!

@Koah: Yes! It's sunny here too, which is helping my mood today as well.

The Wacom tablets are expensive. I've had them in the past too.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:36:44 )
@star2000shadow: My Tuesday is going well, but I'm really distracted today! How is your Tuesday going?

@Miss Sandman: Ok - just wanted to offer (I understand!). I'm doing well, thanks. What are you reading? - anything fun?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:37:48 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

@Wildfire: OMG I love your art style!!! also, I definitely don't mind waiting!!

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:38:08 )
@0v7: I fell down this tablet rabbit hole and now I'm researching tablets that are compatible with my drawing program. XD My husband gifted me Corel essential painter last year, and unfortunately, my pen broke and started being wonky right after that. e.e'

@Wildfire: Just to replace my wacom pen would basically cost the same as buying a new tablet. :T

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:41:54 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Butterfly Kisses | Key to Heaven | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Avian Misery | Falling Star

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: sorta just started so okayish. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:42:56 )

@Koah: I think most tablets would be compatible :0

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:44:03 )
@0v7: oh thank you! <3 I'm glad you like my style! All those examples are pen (literally, a ball point pen) on sketch paper, then scanned in to the computer and maybe tweaked every so slightly digitally to clean up the contrast or something similar.

@Koah: I'm halfway down a similar rabbithole, investigating tablets. Yes, I understand about the pen versus tablet thing. For that kind of pricing, you might as well get a new tablet!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:46:05 )
@star2000shadow: it sounds like a slow day for you so far, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. :)

@koah: I agree. Corel should work with most tablets, I'd think... and visa versa.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:46:42 )

@Wildfire: I thought you used a fancy.. what are those pens called again. They're fancy pens - that's all I remember LOL
I love sketching/lining on paper, but coloring on paper.... not so much lol.
I have a few "scanned" art examples in my gallery, and as you can see it's only a few. >w>

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:47:02 )
@Wildfire: Yeah i Love crimebooks i read like 40 books a year xD i read the most of Karin slaughter and Catherine sheperd actual i read Karen Rose books :) do you like reading?
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:48:34 )
@0v7: It's been so long! I can't find a reference to my O.C. I'm on a new-ish computer.
I might have to dig around other avi sites that I don't frequent anymore to find a reference. XD
It's been long enough that my photobucket is no longer accessible. lol.

HEHEHE.

I sent my husband a link to a tablet, he's been bugging me [nicely] about finding a new tablet. I enjoy art and he enjoys seeing me happy doing my hobbies.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:49:44 )

@Koah: Take your time!! A ref is the most useful bc I'm a visual person >w>
Also in the future, you could use imgur maybe :0

Also, GOOD!!! Which one are you thinking of getting??

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:53:33 )
@0v7: lol - the ballpoint pens? Fountain pens? Copic markers? Dip-pen and ink? I use all of those and several other types of pens too, but there's something just really nice about using your average grab-a-pen-off-the-desk ballpoint pen sometimes. And it always seems to surprise people ;) <3

@miss sandman: Yes, I love to read, actually. I tend to read fantasy, lighter-hearted stories these days, but I'll read just about anything if I'm in the mood for it. ;)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:55:17 )
@Koah: My husband is the same way. It's nice to have that kind of support, isn't it?
Another option for image hosting (it's what I'm using for the stuff I do here) is Cloudinary. It's intended to be used on a corporate level, I think, but it's fine for what I'm doing with it.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 17:55:53 )

@Wildfire: Dip pens!!! Fountain pens too. Can you tell the cup of coffee I had this morning hasn't processed yet lol
It takes real talent to use a normal ballpoint pen - mine always smudges, so I use fine point sharpies.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 18:03:14 )
I found the "GAOMON PD1161" I wanted my next tablet to have a screen. The ratings for that tablet seemed good. :d and it's cheaper than what I've been finding.
I prefer paper, pencil and any pen within reach. I really enjoy my water-color pens/markers. and I dabbled with india ink for awhile. <3

- I switched from photobucket years ago and I've been using imgur. I lost access to my old images on photobucket.
@Wildfire: cloudinary?
My husband is super supportive. Especially right now, since I need to stay home with kids. I grow crazy sometimes. I was basically a work-a-holic up until about a year ago.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 18:06:07 )

@Koah: OHHHHH that's such a good tablet!! I wish I knew of it years ago QuQ

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 18:10:44 )
@0v7: LOL! Yay for coffee! XD
I ordered the H610. It will be here tomorrow according to Amazon.

@Koah: Yes, cloudinary. That was my reaction too, but it's an option. Look it up if you're looking for alternatives to imgur. I lost my access to photobucket years ago too when they started implementing the changes they did. It's been soooo long now!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/11/10 18:11:38 )

@Wildfire: I hope you like it as much as I did!!! I loved it a lot, took it everywhere with me.

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.