Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 00:36:08 )

oof. it is the season for snow but bleh don't want more snow. xD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 00:51:07 )
@Shadami: that seems like it might work well for what you appear to have in mind and want to do with it, but it also sounds like maybe you need to put it away for a little while and look at it with fresh eyes?

@star2000shadow: stay safe, but also lol- we have a hurricane/tropical storm to keep an eye on!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 00:54:10 )

my problem is that I don't know how to do the overlay stuff. hahaha I'm still learning and do a lot with just decreasing the opacity.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 00:55:54 )

Is supposed to get colder here but these past few days it has been really warm...
Heck I've been sweating a lot today

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 01:03:05 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Butterfly Kisses | Key to Heaven | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Avian Misery | Falling Star

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @Wildfire: dan apparently everywhere's getting hit..we have a blizzard warning..not that we've even got snow yet, thankfully, one thanksgiving w ehad snow at halloween so come thanksgiving it was horrid.. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 01:04:49 )

the year i got married (in feb) we were wearing shorts through fall, through winter. all the way to the morning of the wedding. and then SUDDEN BLIZZARD. white out conditions. 4 feet of snow overnight. trapped in our hotel xD
we were like ?!?!?! What just happened!

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 01:58:01 )
"You've had too much of the digital love -

@Wildfire: It was okay, filling for sure. I had cotija cheese, cilantro, and lime as my toppings. I wish I had cabbage but I didn't think to get any :(

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 04:22:48 )
Oh hey, we're almost to page 50!

Hi guys!

Donator — PomePome Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 06:20:21 )
@Wildfire: sorry my internet was lacking yesturday. Oh thats good what did you cook? :)
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 13:50:05 )
@star2000shadow: I remember at least one time when I was a kid having snow on Halloween. I don't remember what it was like at Thanksgiving though.

@Shadami: LOL! Although I'm sure that was quite the experience at the time, it makes for a good wedding story now!

@0v7: I'm glad it worked out for you :3 I'm at the point where I almost always have cabbage on hand, along with kale and spinach, and some type of lettuce, just because they're easy to work in to different things, add a level of nutrition that might not be there otherwise

@Aisukohi: Yes! We should do something fun for page 50 - the question is "what?"

@Miss Sandman: Oh, I'm sorry that your internet was being weird. How are you today?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 13:59:29 )
Good morning!

And yes, we are almost on page 50! What would you guys like to do?

We can continue to just chat, or we could play a game or have some kind of contest...?

I'd offer to do art, but with my desktop dying yesterday, I don't know how realistic an option that is for me right now. We could do something like everyone who posts on page 50 has to draw the person who posted above them (or otherwise do something creative for that person)...?
Or, I could probably offer one of last year's Reaping Ritual items/goodie bags to a random poster.

What do you guys think?
And given the proximity of page 50, maybe we do the actual celebration on page 55 instead?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 14:16:37 )

Drawing the person above could be fun! But I worry about non-artists :0

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 14:24:26 )
@0v7: Yes, that's my concern as well. Well, that, and the fact that my desktop died and I don't know for certain that everything is completely set up for art on the laptop yet which might put me out of the running of my own thread page activity (although I could probably figure something out). The non-artists could write a poem, or maybe offer some kind of customization of a profile page (done through PMs of course - I'm not suggesting anyone give up their account information), or send them something - basically just do something nice for the person above them...??

How are you today so far, by the way?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 14:31:57 )

@Wildfire: Hmmm, maybe we can reserve/claim people who post above us and people who can't do it can skip... though doing something nice for the person above's a better idea!! What do you need to do to completely set up art on your laptop?

Also, I'm good I think. Got up early this morning, an alter had set an alarm for 6:30am... no idea which one, or why seeing as the alarm was unnamed.. I've yet to make my one cup of coffee for the morning, so I'm a bit sleepy lol. How are you doing??

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 14:42:43 )
@0v7: I need to make sure I have software installed (I should), set up (this is a little iffy, given my preferences), and that I know how to use it reasonably well (since I have been using older software, on the older computer, for quite some time). I also need to make sure that my scanner, for example, will connect to the laptop (it too is older), or find a workaround for that. Actually, I could probably manage to do a drawing for here - it's my other stuff that's a greater concern for me going forward and making sure things are set up properly. And I should probably just buy a tablet to use. Ugh.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 15:28:09 )

@Wildfire: Ohh!!! That's a lot of steps. Hopefully it works out - if not, I recommend Huion tablets :0

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 15:41:49 )
This is exactly

Good morning folks

what you think it is.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 15:50:27 )
@0v7: Yes it is. I've had this laptop for a while but never fully transitioned to using it. Now I need to figure out what's what, and do it in time to meet my next deadlines. And I hate trying to draw with a mouse - pixeling with one is bad enough! I looked at the Huion tablets before - they do seem fairly decent. Which one(s) do you like and why?

@Another Movie Addict: Good morning AMA. How are you today so far?

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 15:50:48 )
I'm not sure what to do to celebrate page 50. I'm never very creative with ideas. xD;

I need to get my laptop set up with art-ability too. Gotta sync my pen with it, and also figure out which art program I should use (it's been years since I drew digitally). I used to use GIMP because that got me by just fine, but I'm considering trying SAI?
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/10 15:55:12 )

@Wildfire: What's your budget? The one I used to use before my pen display is no longer in production... I can find you a good one for your costs and needs. Do you want ~8000 levels of pressure sensitivity?

@Aisukohi: I recommend Krita if you're used to excellent brush creation tools - it's free!

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.