Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 19:58:32 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: It's all right, you don't need to try and explain it. I just hope things get better for you a lot sooner, as opposed to later.

And the teams my Dad likes are the Steelers for the NFL, and the Penguins for the NHL, so they're my secondary go-to's. My primary ones are the Packers for the NFL, and Sharks for the NHL.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 20:32:43 )

@Totalanimefan: you're good! no worries!

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 20:38:26 )

@Aisukohi: Oh yeah, I don't have kids so I forgot about that part. Honestly that should always exist. Having kids is not cheap and we should support the people who are parents.
Yeah you HAVE to find one that is reasonable. Like my one in CA was good and they were fair, but I have heard horrible stories about ones. If you have a Realtor they can look into that for you.
Maybe if you can't afford your dream house, tell yourself that you will be a home you will be good with for the next 5 years and then sell that one when it's time and upgrade. My first condo was only a 1B/1B which was enough for us at the time, but now we need at least a 2B/2B so that's what we bought instead. I do miss having a pool but the city community pool is pretty close to where I'm living now so I can use that when it's open again. If you do fall in love with the place that you pick now I don't think that's a bad thing either. If you are happy with the house and it's not driving your family crazy then why move? XD
I will say though that it's really hard. My husband and I looked for months and then we found this one and it was Christmas time, so I'm sure you will have more luck in the latter part of the year but keep looking.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 20:39:21 )

@Bonnie: Thanks~ How are you today? I'm loving your avatar.

@Colin: OMG I used to live in San Jose. I've been right across the street from where they play. It's a good park for Pokemon Go lol.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 20:51:22 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: HA! That's awesome! And I'll bet it's a great place for Pokemon GO! A lot of parks are! Or... were. Or... will be again, I hope.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 20:53:06 )

@Colin: I didn't live that close to the stadium but back in 2016 I would go there sometimes to play Pokemon Go. About a block away in the park was a quad stop (so 4 reachable stops at once). Back when that mattered lol
I can't wait to play Pokemon Go in DC. Like I do sometimes, but I try to stay at home as much as possible still. I wonder where the best place in my new city is?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 22:40:45 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh yeah, forgot to answer your question that we don't have a dedicated realtor (yet). We were looking through Zillow and were working with one associated with them, but she's not necessarily "our" realtor. We'll get one when things calm down again.

2B/2B is definitely the way to go for us as well. Even though our son sleeps with us for now, if we were ever to have guests, I don't want to have to make them sleep in the living room or for us to do that, so we like more privacy. We'll be looking for a 3B/2B for our home though.

Also not worried about not finding our dream home anytime soon lol. I don't mind the idea of buying something that we can upgrade when we can afford it, but also don't want something that's a total fixer-upper. I really like the idea of DIYing some things, so looking forward to that lol. Sure, my bod will probably hate me for it since I'm not in the best of shape, but I love the idea of being able to say I did that. xD
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 23:32:07 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah! On a sour note I have Jury duty coming up in the near future. FML.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 23:33:43 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Fair enough. Well, I hope you manage to find a nice hot-spot for GO, for whatever reason. Parks are often 'nests' for specific Pokemon, which I like.

I also like that the next CD is Gible!!!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 17:58:51 )

@SorrowTheMad: Damn that sucks RIP. When is it?

@Aisukohi: I think things like Zillow or Redfin is good when you are just looking and thinking about buying, but maybe more on the fence. That's what we did.
3B/2B is good. I feel like those are hard to find sometimes. Either builders build 5B/5B or 2B/2B I feel lol
DYI can be fun it can not be fun lol. I've had it both ways lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 18:01:38 )

@Colin: I'm SOOO excited for Gible! Do you have a really good spot that you will be playing for Gible community day? I don't know where I'm going to go yet. I do have some people staying with me on the 6th, but I was just going to show them around DC so I think I'll be able to a get good chance to play. It's not like I'm going to a museum that day. I hope the weather will be good for us!
Nests kinda suck since seasons came out. A bunch of pokemon don't best anymore. I don't remember which ones but you can google it if you want to know.
Oh and I was suppose to get my 2nd dose today but the nurse had to cancel cause she's stuck in another state, her car broke down. I'm gonna tell her I can get it on the 5th or 6th lolol but I think that it will be before then.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 21:26:34 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: That sucks to hear about your second dose... and yeah, I saw it in that vent thread you created, heh.

And yeah, that's true about seasons messing with nests. I forgot about that... but yeah, I have a good spot to go where there'll be GIble! It's s smallish park about 20 minutes from me, and there's plenty of stops. People WILL be using lure modules, I'm sure of it.

If nothing else, I have plenty of incense, and several routes to stalk for random spawns.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 21:33:12 )

@Colin: You should vent with us. It feels good lol
I was so excited for seasons, and I do like that it makes some people that used to be possible to find very rare, but also they messed it up by not having all the pokemon spawn all year long. Like why can't I find Weedle, why sometimes couldn't I catch Rattata. It's dumb.
I'm sure the park will be full of lure modules. This is the one to go hard! We haven't had a community day this good in over a year and a half. ^^ I might use incense and lures too.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 21:56:23 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: There's just ONE thing I don't like about this CD.

Garchomp's. Shiny. SUCKS.

Show me a Garchomp. Show me a shiny Garchomp. I need to seriously look at the two before I can tell which one the shiny is. And the worst part is that Gible and Gabite aren't that way. JUST Garchomp. (unless you mega-evolve it, but that's beside the point)

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 21:57:29 )
@Totalanimefan: Says my term of service begins on July 1, 2021. Yeah, not crazy about it either.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 22:30:34 )

@Colin: Oh yes it does. T_T It's too bad. The other two look great but Garchomp doesn't. Same with Gengar. T_T But at the same time it's a really great pokemon and it has been hard to get before now, so I can't complain. I hope I can find enough with good IVs to use in Raids. I looked at the mega and it looks good. So I guess I can use that when it comes out.

@SorrowTheMad: RIP RIP. I guess at least they gave you good notice it's not like you have to go tomorrow. ^^; Still sucks though.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 23:01:03 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Yeah, Gengar is pretty much in the same boat. At least I have a shiny one in Shield that can G-Max, and much like it mega-evolving, it DOES turn white when it G-maxes.

And yep, I want a good IV Garchomp. It's a good type combo, both are good for going on the offensive, and its CP's pretty damn good, too. Quite possibly a mainstay for a raid party.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 23:02:27 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah it really sucks but I'll survive I guess. But on the plus side, Friday Night Magic tournaments start again this Friday! :D I've been waffling on like four cards to switch into my deck or out of my deck for about two weeks now lol. I have three cards on the way to replace "less good" cards that I hope are there by Friday :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 23:47:36 )

@Ava: I'm doing good. ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 23:49:30 )

@Colin: Yeah it's going to be one of the best raiding pokemon.
Did you see the release dates for the two new Pokemon games? They were announced today.

@SorrowTheMad: Wow awesome that's so soon!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.