Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 15:53:43 )

@Colin: Sometimes I play RPGs like that. I always tell myself I'm going to beat the game quick, and then I'm like 60+ hours in and I haven't beat it lol. With Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I'm almost 100 hours in and I didn't beat it yet. I think I'm close to the last boss but I spent so much time on the side missions and on getting more blades lol.

@Vixen: That reminds me of when my sister was little and she learned to write, she would write her name everywhere on the walls lol. My mom was like don't write your name, you should have wrote your sisters lol
For my 16th birthday I asked for a Wacom tablet, just one of the cheap ones. I was always so bad at drawing but I did like it. Then I moved away for college and I don't know where it went and I never got back into it. (My parents split and sold the house while I was oversees)

@SorrowTheMad: It's just soo crazy. We haven't built enough housing since the great recession, plus interest rates are low and if your downpayment was from money from stocks, you got the money. Plus people are tired of their current place cause Rona. It's the perfect storm. I'm sure that you will be able to weather through, and if you get some kind of bonus from sales or whatever then you could just think of the money to help get you through!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 15:55:29 )

@sunny: Hey I'm good. ^^ Today is 'Bike to Work Day' in the DC region so I signed up (it said it's ok if you work from home) and I'm going to ride to the local bike shop and 'check in' I think you get like a Bike to Work T-shirt or something but I did it because they use the numbers from now many people sign up to see how many people bike to work in the region and then that helps us get more bike lanes on the road or trails to use.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 16:52:49 )

@Totalanimefan: oh thats a really good idea! I've never heard of something like that before. I hope you enjoy your ride!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 17:59:05 )

@sunny: Thanks! I should be going soon, but I have to clean the filters of my AC system first lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 18:41:18 )

@Totalanimefan: air conditioning? Good luck with that lol!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 18:58:02 )

@Totalanimefan: lol definitely write someone else's name xD
aw, well if you ever felt like it, it's never too late to get back into it!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 19:19:23 )

@sunny: Yeah it's just the filter, but I did clean it. I am just waiting for it to dry now.

@Vixen: I never said she was the smart sister lolol
That's true. I'm at like 10 years out of practice and I would need another tablet. I do have drawing software though. (For free through my husband's company)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 21:30:58 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: 100+ hours well spent! One RPG that completely sucked me in was a PS2 title called Rogue Galaxy. Good lord, I lost hours to that game and loved every second of it.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 21:41:02 )

@Colin: Oh it was/is lol
I really hope that they rerelease Xenoblade X. I loved that game. I think it's the only major Wii U game not on the Switch.
Oh I never played that one. What was that like?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 21:48:06 )

@Totalanimefan: if there's a will, there's way :D
besides, always gotta start somewhere.
i find it's harder to start anything to keep doing something, but maybe that's just me

please @ me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 21:49:54 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: I think so, too.

And it's pretty cool. Action role-playing game, where you leave your planet to explore the universe, going from planet to planet. Good range of characters and weapons as well, though the character development can be a bit... flat. It's got classic fantasy in there... but it's in SPAAAAAACE.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 22:02:28 )

@Vixen: That's because starting is the easiest part lol. It's harder to get better or earn more or to put in more energy.

@Colin: Maybe we will get our announcement during E3? It's right around the corner if you think about it. ^^
That sounds cool. Your description reminds me of Mass Effect.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 22:19:03 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: I am interested to see what E3 has to show us.

And it's... sorta like Mass Effect? But not at all? It's far more... animated? Like, it's not as 'serious' and 'dark' as ME... oh! It's far more JRPG. That's a way to put it, if it makes sense.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 22:22:03 )

@Colin: When is E3 this year? I haven't paid attention much because I felt like June was so far away, but it's almost here.
Oh I see. I think I would like a more JRPG version. I have watched my husband play all three games and he just bought the remastered versions this week.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/21 22:44:11 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: June 12-15 I think.

And I'm not going to downplay ME or anything, it's a great trilogy (for the most part), but I'm a sucker for JRPGs and such. Your main crew very much has the 'anime protagonist and their misfit band' vibe.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 01:17:33 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah it's definitely the perfect storm. Our real estate agent guy had ZERO houses in inventory just a month ago. He said in 20 years that has never happened. And stuff is going so quickly at such a crazy high price. About three years ago my parents had this tract of land evaluated at $60,000. They decided to sell it this year, it sold in three days at $120,000. Vacant land, no house or buildings, just farmland. It's insane. Weichert has an average of 27 days of having houses on the market (which is 4 days below the national average of all real estate companies through the US) and their average this year is like 7 days. It's insane.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 03:24:55 )

@Colin: thanks. I wish it was a week before so I didn’t have to wait as long.
Yeah I agree. I couldn’t really get behind it even though the story isn’t bad. I do like the thought put into the different races of aliens.

@SorrowTheMad: I bought my house in Feb and the home price has already gone up a lot. This craziness can’t last forever so just try and make it through.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 03:37:32 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah it'll definitely pop eventually, prices can't continue to bubble forever. We'll live though, it's good money for us. The way our business works is we get a percentage of the sale amount, loan amount, or both (depending on if it's a Refinance or people actually buying a place), so we basically get paid on commission. So right now these ballooned prices have been fantastic for us, and mom's saving a lot of money for when the market pops again so when that happens we'll still be good for a long time :)

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 03:59:47 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: The best thing I like about ME (aside form the story) is the different alien races. There's a lot of effort into it, but... it's not really for me, sadly.

Speaking of games about space and exploring the unknown, every played Subnautica?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/22 15:14:29 )

@SorrowTheMad: Good that your family knows how to save. My parents, not so much lol.
It depends on how long the interest rates stay low and how long the stock market is good for, but I would think by like Oct/Nov you will be back to normal.

@Colin: Yeah they all seem pretty real. But also not for me. I just watched but only passively like while also on the internet. lol
No I haven't played that one either (growing up I only had Nintendo consoles until I was in college). Tell me about it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.