Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 23:08:06 )

@Amber Lynne: Ok good.
I hope everything turns out ok.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 23:08:52 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Totalanimefan: That'd be fantastic, lol

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 23:35:19 )

@Totalanimefan: ooh i should request unique versions of every variant on the ruffled dress lmao

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 23:57:42 )
@Totalanimefan: That's exactly how my fear works, actually, with the shark. Although it happens even in pools and lakes and I panic. Like I said, irrational. I even know it makes no sense, there's nothing in the pool chasing me, but yeah. Stupid lol. I read all of the Goosebumps books a few times, thankfully other than my fear of ventriloquist dummies, I came out mostly unscathed in terms of irrational fears lol.

Yeah Magic is usually pretty good at trying to keep the formats diverse. If a deck creeps up past about 10% of the playing field (10% or more of people are playing that deck) they usually hit the deck with a ban. Or in the case of something like Hogaak or Eldrazi, which became like 60% of the playing field when they were released, they nail that coffin shut with some pretty hardcore bans. They even ban some cards if the gameplay "is stale and unfun to play against." Not even good necessarily, just boring. And Magic has one major advantage over Yugioh: Mana and consistency. You can't just cast your hand on Turn 1 like you can in Yugioh, you need to have the lands and the mana to cast those cards. You can get mana screwed, or "flood out" and not draw any action.

Take Pot of Greed for example, in Yugioh. Banned for ages because it's Draw 2 with no drawback. Whereas Magic has a TON of cards that draw 2, or even more, but because you can't just cast a bunch of them in one turn like you can in Yugioh, they're good but not busted.

Wayyy too much of an explanation, sorry xD I love Magic, if you couldn't tell.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 01:03:31 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: Its defense is perfect, its attack is near-perfect, and its HP is really good. I think it's total is about 93% or something? Calculating exact IV's isn't my specialty...

Also, that story about the dragonite and the game and your Dad.... I winced when I read that...

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 17:29:00 )

@Amber Lynne: Any updates?

@Vixen: Yes! That would be awesome. This is big need. Maybe if you posted it now, it would make it into the next orbs on the 25th?

@SorrowTheMad: Luckily I'm ok in pools and things like that. It's mostly just like when you can't see the bottom. In south Florida the water is still tropical, so you can see to the bottom even when it's like 30 ft deep.
Oh that makes sense. Yu-Gi-Oh just kinda made up the rules as it went along lol

@Colin: 93% is really good! I wish I had one that was that strong. I do have some good IV Raikous. So I use them.
Oh yeah, not fun and my dad never got me a working Crystal version or anything. Sometimes my parents could be real jerks. I feel like there lack of kindness caused me to be kind sometimes lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 17:29:20 )

You all are free to chat with each other too. I promise that you will get along lolol

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 18:02:06 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Yup, it be a pretty decent one. I like it!

And that is... yeah, that's sad. That sucks, to massively understate it.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 18:05:52 )

@Colin: I got lucky with Raikou back in the day. I got a 98, 96 and 93. No hundo, but I really can't complain. I don't know why I was so luck with just that one legendary lol
Oh I saw that you invited me yesterday to a raid, I was afk from my phone then ^^;

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 18:41:05 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Totalanimefan: Fridge has been replaced! My previous one was nicer, but it's been replaced
YAY!

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 18:59:46 )

@Totalanimefan: the orbs are coming in may already? :o

please @ me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 19:26:19 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Good to hear on the Raikou!

And it's cool. Have you caught a Yveltal yet? I've managed a few in the past day or so.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:08:22 )

@Amber Lynne: Yay that's wonderful!

@Vixen: Yeah it's been 3 months since Feb 25th believe it or not. It's like blowing my mind how time is still moving while life isn't quite normal again yet.

@Colin: Yeah the only beast I got good IVs with back in 2017 lol. I haven't caught one yet. I can see a few gyms from my house but I haven't had good timing with finding them. I'm sure I'll get my chance during raid hour tonight.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:26:08 )

@Sunny: Hi there! Have you enjoyed your break away from the internet? Did you get to play in the event that just ended? We had a really cute spring event that ended last week.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:33:46 )

@Totalanimefan: I played the mini games to get all the items, but I didn't really participate in the forum side of things. It was a cute event even if I didn't really like the theme (not my thing).
My break from the Internet was nice, mostly been dealing with RL stuff and working on my novel. I am progressing with my IVF journey, I have a blood test in early June which is the first official step :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:46:09 )

@sunny: At least you played the daily games to get the items. I really loved the theme. I love different types of cafes. ^^

Congrats on those two things! How much longer until you will be pregnant if it all goes well?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 20:50:56 )

@Totalanimefan: well it takes 2 months for the blood test to come back (they have to sequence my dna???), then 6 or so months for the treatment itself. So I'm guessing like 9 months? I haven't been given a strict time line yet. But my cousin just found out she is pregnant and ideally I want our kids to be close in age since we are close in age and grew up together etc. But I need to save a LOT of money, which I am struggling with tbh.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 21:00:16 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Well, good luck with getting a Yveltal then!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 21:10:36 )

@sunny: OMG that's so long. I never would have thought just that part would take two months 0-0
Did I tell you that my Brother-in-Law also did IF with his wife (they live in England).
Congrats to your Cousin! Tell her she shouldn't have gotten pregnant yet lol (jk jk)
I don't know how you are going to raise the money. I didn't know that it was so much. The NHS won't cover it?

@Colin: Thanks. I'm a little bit disappointed with this event compared to the last one. Did I tell you that already? I don't remember. I feel like there should have been one or two new pokemon included and the event research has you use too much stardust purifying pokemon. But on the plus side, you do get a Deino if you complete the research...which is good.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 22:14:26 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: The biggest issue with introducing a new Pokemon for this event is that there's not many left to introduce, that are dark-types. The only 2 I can think of that are gen 6 and previous, that aren't already in, are Inkay/Malamar, and Zorua/Zoroark.

But yes, I agree that Luminous Legends Y pales in comparison to X. And the stardust expenditure for all the purifying can really add up.

Let's face it, this event does little more than give us Yveltal, Pancham in the 12 eggs, and a Deino for anyone that might not have it.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.