Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 21:31:25 )

@Shark: Oh I see. I don't even have my first shot so I haven't looked into it too much. I think I read that people that have their 2nd shot should wait 14 days and then they are good to go?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 21:49:18 )
@Ava: I want to work with people's brains. Thought I was going to be a therapist for a long time but a friend of mine owns a business that's kind of the opposite. It's a machine that helps train your brain, focusing your brainwaves into where they should be. You don't have to talk at all to the person doing the machine to get better. It's helped with a ton of my issues, like PTSD and anxiety, and I'm working on Insomnia next. It can even fix TBIs and Epilepsy! I'm going to open a Braincore office when I move to be with my girlfriend in NC. :)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 21:49:54 )
@Totalanimefan: That really sounds good, oh man. :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 21:53:49 )

@Ava: It's really hard to get around CA without a car. Sometimes google maps can help you with bus routes. Just click on the bus stop and it will tell you the bus number(s). And you can also choose public transit option when getting directions on Google Maps.
I bought a place in CA but then I move out of the state two years later. I don't recommend buying unless you guys are going to live there for at least 3 years maybe even more like 5 years. It's expensive to buy a house. You have to pay for a lot of things.
@SorrowTheMad: Do you like Butter Chicken/Indian curries? Butter Chicken is my fav and about half the time the recipes don't have onions in them.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 21:58:51 )
@Totalanimefan: Don't think I've ever had Indian food tbh. But I love spicy stuff so I bet I'd like it even if it was really hot :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 22:18:08 )

@SorrowTheMad: Oh my gosh, you are missing out then! Butter Chicken is not as spicy as other curries (but it can be if you just add more chill powder) the taste comes from butter, cream, tomato and spices.
I marinated chicken thigh in yogurt, graham masala and salt ahead of time.
Curry base is canned tomato at least 1lb, cumin, graham masala, chill powder mix (also had allspice, clove, garlic), turmeric, salt, and fresh garlic into a blender and blend.
(if you don't have one just use plan canned tomato sauce)

After the chicken has marinated at least 30 mins ( I did 5 hours) cook it in the pan just enough to brown other sides, 3 mins a side, put that into a clean bowl.
Add butter or Ghee to the pan and get the fondt off the bottom (the stuck chicken bits that taste good lol)
Then cook the tomato blender mix in the same pan on the stove for a few mins. Add a whole stick of butter. Let cook for 7 mins. Add more spices if you wish.
Add the chicken -- cook another at least 8 mins, but the longer the better.
Add one cup of heavy cream -- cook for another 5 mins or as long as you wish.
Taste for salt and spices then serve over rice or with Naan.

Side note: The more spices you add the better honestly. You can't really over do it lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 22:22:55 )
@Totalanimefan: That sounds so good! I'm not much of a cook but I might try that sometime. :) I really don't mind spice, I eat Ghost Pepper Hotsauce on everything so I'm used to really spicy stuff. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 22:27:13 )

@SorrowTheMad: Wow that's amazing. I used to not be able to do any spice, but now I can do some. It just upsets my tummy a lot. I have IBS. ^^;
Honestly I thought that it was going to be hard to make but it really wasn't. I just watched a few Butter Chicken videos and then when I was making it I tried to recreate the taste of my fav Indian place. I've had butter chicken from a lot of places and every place does it a little differently. Some add honey to it, which I'm not really a fan of, but others love. (to bring out the acidity of the tomato sauce, I added Brown Sugar instead.) I was missing dried Fenugreek leaves, but only my favorite curry place used those, not every butter chicken recipe calls for it.
I guess because Indian is so large, everyone has their own family recipe that is slightly different.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 22:41:44 )
@Totalanimefan: Gotcha. Well don't cause yourself any pain or anguish over spices if you can help it.
That really does sound fantastic though. I doubt we have any Indian places nearby so I'd have to travel to get some. But if I'm ever in the area of like, Minneapolis or something I'll check it out. :)

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 22:53:56 )
@SorrowTheMad: -glomp=

forgot to check this thread OTL

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 22:55:19 )

@SorrowTheMad: Yes try out Indian food, it's so good! And not just butter chicken, you would probably like any of the curries. This one just works for me (and I love it 1000%), but my husband's fav isn't butter chicken. He loves hotter ones like Lamb Rogan Josh. If you don't like lamb there are a ton more.
Once you find one you love you could try and make it at home. ^^ I'm not the best cook and mine still came out amazing.
By the way, what you are thinking about having for dinner?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 22:55:48 )

@Ruby: Your avatar is so cute! have you ever had India food before? I made some last night and we were chatting about it. ^^

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 23:48:48 )
@Ruby: Hey cutie :) Welcome back lol.

@Totalanimefan: Not really what I have control over but it's Chicken Breast with Asparagus and cheese. And you're right, that all sounds fantastic :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 23:51:55 )

@SorrowTheMad: Not what you have control over? Someone else making it? I make and plan most of the meals in my house. It's only me and my husband.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/18 23:56:14 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah. Since my dad is terminal and I'm taking care of him, I live with my parents. Not the most fun thought when you're 30. But my dad cooks sometimes, and so does my mom. I'm not really the type to cook so...yeah.

Granted this is pretty good tonight. And I don't mean to complain since they're cooking for me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 00:00:00 )

@SorrowTheMad: I remember you saying that. Sorry again to hear about your dad. Getting meals for free that you didn't have to cook is a pretty good deal though. It's a lot more mental energy than you would think. ^^; Planning the meals out, going to the store or ordering online and deciding what to get, then cooking it and using it all up before it goes bad. It's a balance.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 00:30:42 )
@Totalanimefan: Fair enough. I am usually pretty content with ramen or eggs or whatever so I'm not too picky, but it's nice to not have to do anything like that

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 02:07:20 )
@Totalanimefan: I had it once a really long time ago lol I wasn’t too keen on the idea because I was a picky eater but it wasn’t too bad lol never had it again though so idk if my adult taste buds like it xD
Oh and thanks! :D about my avi lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 02:27:04 )
@Ava: It CAN be more expensive than therapy. The lady I go see for it is the cheapest Braincore in the country at about $65ish a session (twice per week, with tax it totals about $135 a week). The lady who taught her how to do it charges $600 per session (again, twice per week), and insurance doesn't really cover it most of the time. So, yeah, ouch. My Braincore lady says it's actually cheaper to fly to Minnesota, borrow one of her home machines for a year, and then fly it back to her than to go see her mentor. It's meant to be an alternative to medication, if you're on meds the hope would be to get you off of them completely. Most people need meds continuously for life, whereas Braincore is about a year-long PERMANENT change in your brain, so you'd eventually wean off the sessions and only come in every couple months for maintenance. It's also super customized to your brain, the machine figures out what parts of your brain aren't firing properly, which are firing too much, where connections need to be made, ect and formats a program just for you. :)

Uh, I think that answers most of your questions lol. I love talking about this though, so ask me whatever :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 04:56:03 )

@SorrowTheMad: eggs are good because they are good for you and cheap! I had eggs with bell peppers and cheese in a tortilla for dinner. It was good.
@Ava: lol yes it can be that easy. Google maps is your friend ^^
Nice if you guys are planning to stay then it could be a good investment. :)

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.