Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 19:00:16 )

@Wildfire: Nice. Tamagoyaki is just eggs, soy sauce, sugar (and mirin or Japanese cooking wine if you want to get a little fancy) in a cup, mix them together and then pour it into an oiled, hot pan.
Let it cook for a little bit then roll it onto itself. Once it's done cut it into bite size pieces and enjoy. Of course there are people who take the rolling to the next level, but it still tastes good even if you mess the rolling up a little bit haha. I would have it in college all the time.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 19:04:09 )
@Totalanimefan: Ahhh yeah... I have done a variation of that, actually (with coconut aminos instead of soy sauce and without the sugar because unless it's baking, I just don't cook with sugar (and sugar in baking gets cut 50%)). It is an easy and good egg dish - it is nice combined with other things too :3

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 19:05:52 )

@Wildfire: I tired coconut aminos before. I thought that I would like it, but I didn't ^^; So I stick to soy sauce. If you used mirin you wouldn't need the sugar. I think that the sweet + salt is supposed to give the eggs more umami flavors. I wonder what it would be like with MSG? Never really cooked with it.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 19:08:32 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I like the coconut aminos but some people just don't. I don't cook with MSG (avoid it) and I don't usually use soy or soy products either. I wonder how fish sauce or bonito would work with the egg if you're looking for the umami flavor...?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 19:11:12 )
wow, I'm really tired today. /dead/ I'm going to go do a little gentle yoga for a bit. I'll BBS, to continue our conversation (or not - lol!) ;)

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 19:12:06 )
@Totalanimefan: Sounds like good eggs to me :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 19:19:19 )

@Wildfire: I've never cooked with MSG before. But I heard that it's ok if you aren't the kind that gets a reaction from it. I wonder how fish sauce would taste too. I personally won't want Bonito because I'm not a fan.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 19:33:25 )

@SorrowTheMad: Tamagoyaki is great~ I love it.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 19:52:04 )
@Totalanimefan: Very nice :D Might have to try it someday

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 19:55:53 )

@SorrowTheMad: Super easy to do. If I have eggs on their own I always make it that way.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 19:56:22 )

I just had the last serving of my butter chicken. I'm a little sad haha.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 20:18:25 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm not a fan of MSG for a number of reasons, but to each their own... kind of like bonito flakes - LOL! XD I suspect that the fish sauce (just a tiny dash!) would work out pretty well

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 20:23:39 )
@Totalanimefan: oh! Huh I wonder if I’d like it. I just looked up pics and I’d totally try it!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 20:31:51 )

@Wildfire: Never tried MSG, I might be not a fan after I try it haha. Maybe I should buy some fish sauce and see if it works. Or if you already have that try it and tell me how it goes. ^^
@Ruby: OMG Yes, that's the stuff! Now I want it again lol. I love Naan bread too. Much better with curry than rice in my option, but I also really love bread.

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 21:02:59 )
@Totalanimefan: the rice with it is totally tempting me xD I like things over plain rice cuz it both flavors the rice and tones down the dish so its easier to handle :3
I wonder if I have any indian food places around me lol

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 21:15:05 )

@Ruby: You do you. My husband likes rice better with his curry dish, and you are right that it can bring down the flavors. Butter Chicken is not a hot spicy dish. But there are a million slightly different recipes but you can ask for mild.
There probably is? I feel like it's getting more popular.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 21:23:19 )
@Totalanimefan: I just know that msg doesn't work for me on a number of levels. I don't understand why it's a thing at all tbh, but whatever... I suppose it makes sense to some, on some level.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 21:24:38 )

@Wildfire: Hey that's cool. Onions don't work for my body but it does for others. XD

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 21:47:07 )

@Totalanimefan: I checked yelp and there's a few here, maybe I'll try it sometime :D I'll definitely let you know if I do! I have a lot of stomach issues so I'll have to wait for a day I can be a little adventurous lol

Donator — She, Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/19 21:58:21 )

@Totalanimefan: I'm hoping they will! lol that and some other things u.u puppies are just a weird age for dogs.

Probably a long time! and it would take someone who would be dedicated to doing the job. If it was me I'd probably give up an hour into it haha! I'd be a terrible staff member on a avi based site.

Oh I've been meaning to ask is your current avi for the current AOTW? or did you just decide to wear all one shade of green? not that that's a bad thing mind you.

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.