Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 20:36:21 )
@Totalanimefan: Jeez, that's kind of ridiculous. Guess it makes sense though, they don't use letters like we do.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 20:40:46 )

@SorrowTheMad: Yeah there is no sounding it out in Japanese lolol
But I love Japanese, so don't let me stop you from learning it.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 20:44:46 )

@xvz: Sorry
@Shadami: for
@NixieFae: not
@Amber Lynne: getting
back to you guys this weekend. I had a whole thing with my dog and it was a lot and I didn't have the mental strength to post and reply. Sorry again. On a lighter note my dog is ok now.

What did everyone think about the new commons? I bought a bunch. XD

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 20:49:16 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh you won't haha. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 20:51:31 )

@SorrowTheMad: If you were to start studying it, what resources do you think you would use? A textbook? An app? Youtube videos?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 20:57:07 )
@Totalanimefan: Probably a little of all three. :) I can download necessary books and Youtube is easy to access too. Apps might cost me though

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 21:01:03 )

@SorrowTheMad: I could let you know about some good apps. Do you have an iPhone or Android? (I have an iPhone)
For books I used Genki and Basic Kanji Book. I think Genki might be the best textbook for Japanese.
I feel like Youtube videos are meant to be watched for entertainment instead of a good way to learn, but that could just be me and the way that I learn.
Oh and you may think that because you can learn a character that automatically makes you able to write it, but for some reason brains don't work like that. XD
I could help you with the basics too.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 21:08:03 )

@Totalanimefan: oh yeah I can see the subtle differences between the two greens. IT looks cool. I used two completely different colours, but one colour is more dominant, which is what I thought the contest was about lol I didn't realise the avatar had to be just one colour.

Donator — She, Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 21:10:14 )

@Totalanimefan: It's fine!! I seen you post about your dog, and I'm super glad that he's doing ok now!! He passed the rocks and was ok after correct?

I had actually already noticed the little heart keyhole sweaters before hand but not the other things haha. I definitely wanna get the sweatpants and the little emojis, the emojis are really cute!

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 21:12:09 )
@Totalanimefan: Android. And sure, I'd love all the help I can get. I'll check out Genki then :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 21:18:08 )

@sunny: I don't know if it does. I think it says fav color, but it didn't say just one color right?
@NixieFae: I'm pretty sure he has because he's been going number 2. lol I bought the keyhole sweater in all the colors already and today I bought all the sweatpants. XD
The emotes are cute but I feel like they are too hard to read. The colors are too similar. It would be better with more contrast. ^^;

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 21:20:18 )

@SorrowTheMad: Look at these. https://blog.gaijinpot.com/free-apps-for-studying-japanese/
Not to sound like clickbait, but I highly recommend #7. I've been using that Japanese app for over 10 years now. It's good. I use it all the time. It's a great dictionary.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 21:24:27 )
@Totalanimefan: You rock! Thanks :D

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 21:31:18 )

@Totalanimefan: It does just say favourite! I think I'll be ok :) it's no big deal! How's Pinto? Is he fully recovered now? My dog is actually doing better, he ate today and yesterday, which is a big improvement :)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 21:38:36 )

@Totalanimefan: ah thank you!
aw hope you're feeling better now

please @ me

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 21:44:20 )

@SorrowTheMad: No problem. ^^ Let me know when you start to study it. We can go over things together.
@sunny: I don't think they have ever left an avatar out of the contest. I'm sure whatever you come up with is good. Oh that's great news about your dog. I think Pinto is doing better. He's going number 2 and he isn't throwing up. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 21:44:54 )

@Vixen: Yeah I am thanks! I'm still not feeling that energetic. I feel pretty run down. I'm sure the time change didn't help. How are you?

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 21:50:21 )

@Totalanimefan: That's great news :) he must be feeling much better. Hopefully he doesn't do it again. Do you know why he did it in the first place? I've never heard of a dog eating rocks before, it's odd.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 21:53:51 )

@sunny: I know! He's never done that before. We even google why and none of the reasons really matched up with him well. He didn't do it out of boredom or attention. He's not the kind to randomly bite on things and when my husband tried to take the rock away from him, he bit my husband. I said it's cause he's lost his marbles. The one thing on the internet that kinda made sense was that he wanted the salty-ness of the rock. I guess that's why?
Most does that get into that are big dogs that are puppies and they play with a rock like it's a toy and then it get eaten. This better not be a new habit. Ugh.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/03/16 22:02:52 )
@Totalanimefan: Perfect! I'll definitely do that :)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.