Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ✐ Pixel Academy -- Practice and Challenges together!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 20:12:04 )

@ruby:
I moved here when I was still a kid (ish.. 19) cause my parents found good jobs up here. Although, all of our health has dropped SIGNIFICANTLY since the move. So I've been trying to leave ^^;

Yeah I had that dying freedom on Ernya when that was a thing and it spoiled me so much I couldn't look at other sites the same way xD
But then that site died and I went on a long avi site hiatus. Now I'm relearning them lmao

I feel that! gaia was my first and it does not have a special place anymore lmao better in memory though, sooooo many good times

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 01:24:39 )
@Jolly: ah so kinda like me :D moving with parents i mean haha. I still live with them.

Omg I miss Ernya. The spells were so nice lol I like Pantheon in the fact you dont have to spend like 6k+ on a color tho to be able to use it. You can dye EVERYTHING you want lol

Gaia was my first avatar site as well back in the day. Menewsha was the first place I went after that because most people usually talk about their first home after gaia xD but yeah ive been on pretty much everything and only like (besides gaia cuz I actually still go on there but don’t post) were/are menewsha, ernya, and now pantheon and voltra. I just couldn’t really get in to anything else.
Oh I liked Kinsaki before I was on ernya, but it went down way before ernya did. I think that’s where i saw an ad for ernya actually!

I’m glad to be on Voltra as well as Pantheon now :3 (I’m still a fan of mene but it needs help. So much help)

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 02:12:02 )

@ruby:
Hhaa yeah I had to move back in with mine a couple months ago. Again. I cant seem to keep a home for longer than a year.

Spells! thats what they were called. that site was great while it lasted. I had a close knit squad too <3
ernya was my first home outside of gaia (although gaia had a LOT of my art growth). I had been on many other sites, but that one felt the best. even though I was an obnoxious tit at the time xD angsty kid

lmao poor mene

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 02:45:46 )

@koneko:
Aww I havent done that in a while. But I do still get nostalgic for it--s'why I sought out this site.

gogogo you got this! I'm working on hw at the minute, but I should definitely make time to draw or pixel tonight too ;v;

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 03:00:19 )

@alethna:
Not at all! There are still 7 days for it :D
join us!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 03:54:24 )

Practice makes perfect! Looking forward to more. Maybe I can doodle up another before I lose my attention span to games.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 04:33:49 )

I made a cone and a bar. Real talk, those choco covered bars are like... so good. One of my all time faves.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 15:56:40 )

@alethna:
Yayy! Its okay, we're all just practicing after all :D

@priestess of pie:
omg yay, ice cream bars <3
Also I hate eating mint ice cream but in pixels, they always look the cutest xD

I had a dream I was pixeling mini terrariums. Should probably do that.

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 15:59:24 )
Jolly:
[center]

@ruby:
Hhaa yeah I had to move back in with mine a couple months ago. Again. I cant seem to keep a home for longer than a year.

Spells! thats what they were called. that site was great while it lasted. I had a close knit squad too <3
ernya was my first home outside of gaia (although gaia had a LOT of my art growth). I had been on many other sites, but that one felt the best. even though I was an obnoxious tit at the time xD angsty kid

lmao poor mene

Nothing wrong with that, it's hard out there to be on your own. Lots of people can't afford it these days. I knew someone in her 60's who had to move back in with her mom because she couldn't afford rent on her own. How sad is that.
I've never moved out.

Omg those angsty posts are so funny and cringy to see again later xD I found stuff I'd written when I was 15 and wanted to just hide xD
[/center]

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 16:09:03 )

@ruby:
Yeah especially with the cost of colorado. Its soooooo over inflated with not that many opportunities for growth. Unless you're into welding and oil fields.
A lot of my coworkers in retail are older people who used to be business owners and everything fell through lol

Yeah I kind of wish my original gaia account would die in a fire for how my personality used to be as a child. I mirrored my parents a bit too much with what prejudice flaws they have. But also the open humor at that time period where it was okay to make jokes that are.. horribly insensitive. That and the rawrXD phase of my generation was strong.
I cringe more than laugh, really. lmao

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 16:12:27 )
@Jolly: Yeah colorado is super expensive. Same with the west coast. It's a lot better over here in NC but still, there's no cheap apartments or anything.

Haha the rawr xD phase. I still use xD probably more than I should but idgaf lol It's the Rawring 20's now, fite me xD

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 16:16:06 )

@ruby:
Yeah and here, just renting a room from someone is almost the same cost of an apartment, but you're not allowed to have your lover with you xD
I ain't going anywhere without my other human, noty

lmaoo its all good. xD still slips my fingers too, I see nothing wrong with it!
I only start to get creeped out when people are speaking with uwu owo faces too much. and the RP speak. Then I'm like... did 2008 come back? lmao

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 16:20:48 )
@Jolly: yeah right? and everything is shared. Like no thanks. at the point you're better off moving in with your SO lol
I'm hoping at some point soon my bf can move in with us so we're not long distance anymore

omg same! idk why but excessive RP speak when just regularly chatting and the uwu things make me cringe so bad

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 16:25:15 )

@ruby:
or rather, I'm better off at my parents where I have to share everything outside my room anyway, AND have my so with me xD
Its a tight snug but it works until i graduate and get my massage license.

I used to do it when I was a teen, but yeah I cant stand it anymore lmao
I saw someone recently post a thread somewhere that did a '//hides in a bush' at the end and I'm like
ohno
nono

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 16:37:23 )
@Jolly: yeah that seems like a much better plan. Are you long distance?
Good luck with getting your massage license! :D

omg right? I used to do it too, like every post or chat had it in there.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 20:34:28 )

@jolly: Mint choco is not my favorite but I do like it on occasion. It's very refreshing. And pixel terrariums sound adorable. You should absolutely do that.

@Alethna: That looks good! Minty soft serve~ I want to get froyo now.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/11 23:08:01 )

@ruby:
Oh no, we live together currently. Thats what I meant by its a tight snug, as in physically.. the room we share is smol xD
thank you!

Saaame
my best friend would also do it, so we just bounced these habits off of each other.

@alethna:
Ahh I love it! The style of shading you chose works really well! It has more depth to the ice cream part <3

@priestess of pie:
I'm partial to anything with peanutbutter in it. Or gummy bears. Those in ice cream are so good

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/12 02:25:38 )
@Jolly: Oh! my bad haha I was thinking it would be when he did xD That's awesome that you can live together right now even in a small space~ my bf and I have been really long distance for 4 years now so we're trying to close that gap haha

omg right? xD My best friend in 08 introduced me to gaia and look where I am now xD she stopped going on avi sites but I'm like NOPE. Need to make avis o3o

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/12 03:52:16 )

@Ruby:
ohh thats awesome though. good luck on it! long distance is hard but I really admire those who make it work. ive done it in the past before but people always became too impatient or dishonest with me, so I gave up. then later on I met my current one at work o/

avi sites attract a certain kind of people that I enjoy chatting with online. there's a lack of judgement (on most sites, not speaking for all of them recolorme) and a sort of artistic flow of inspiration that helps me improve my work. Otherwise just a breath of fresh air away from real world dramas xD

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/12 03:59:37 )
@Jolly: Thanks! Sometimes you find people when you're least expecting it :3
all of my relationships have been long distance (in different states) and I totally hear you about the dishonesty and stuff. Cheating, lying, just being an overall a**. Yeah...
I met my current during a skype halloween party with other friends since we were all alone in our region haha. And it's been my longest, most honest, real relationship I've ever been in~ It was actually love at first sight too. Idk someting about him just made me want to know him. And he felt the same way. We were actually both with other people when we met and broke up with those people (him that same night he met me and me a few days later) and look where we are now :3 it'll be 5 years around halloween this year
It takes work to make long distance work but with the right person it's possible

Omg I snorted at the crossed out part xD I TOTALLY agree! that site is SO judgmental and just....i don't like the overall feeling. It's not welcoming or nice at all.
I really like the art aspect of it too :D if it weren't for avi sites I wouldn't be into digital art haha

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.