Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ✐ Pixel Academy -- Practice and Challenges together!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/7 06:09:19 )

@Jolly: All the Shadowbringer posts got me wanting to pick it back up though. Most of the people I play with are those level 80 all jobs and professions because we all started at launch (like, the old launch). My life just got busy and I wasn't able to keep up with them. They're still the NICEST PEOPLE though. I love them to death. We all used to play FFXI together.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/7 12:46:50 )
─ ──┤├────────── ─

I found a few tutorials for pixel ice cream, the second one really makes me want to make ice cream with that texture!

─ ──────────┤├── ─

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 18:10:30 )

phewwww i almost went to school only to have all my school mates flake out on our meeting. I would've ended up bussing and walking home if I didn't get suspicious and text them as I was leaving the house :vanora_sweat:
caught them just in time.

dont flake on friends that cant drive to campus...

@priestess of pie:
I am in love with all the wol/exarch posts I see on twitter. Knowing who the exarch character is, I had to rush through the end of stormblood and get to him :vanora_xd:
Honestly, heavensward and shadowbringers (so far) are the most interesting storylines to me. stormblood is pretty good too, but I wasn't AS into it.

its great that you have nice friends like that though, I wish I had friends in the game. Used to work for a guy who made a free company for all his associates and we'd play together. But they were mostly kinda toxic and I took my leave eventually.

@llama:
Oooh thank you for the tutorials! Those honestly look really helpful and adorable <3
I'll add them to the front :D
I'm so excited for all the enthusiasm in this thread

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 20:10:04 )
─ ──┤├────────── ─

@Jolly: This thread is exactly the kind of thing I need to stay motivated!
Though my period just started today, meaning I might not feel well enough to draw anything (or even chat much) for quite a few days ;;

─ ──────────┤├── ─

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 20:44:17 )

@llama:
Oh dude I understand that feel. I got one of those arm implants to control my severe cramps but sometimes I end up with double or triple the length of a normal period. Forcing myself through a lack of motivation and fatigue is my life now ;;

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 21:04:52 )
─ ──┤├────────── ─

@Jolly: Wait an arm implant for period cramps?? I've never heard of anything like that :o

─ ──────────┤├── ─

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 21:14:05 )

@llama:
Yeah its a little stick that's inserted in your upper-inner arm like a shot and it has birth control in it, which gradually is fed to you over time. Lasts about 3 years (they SAY its 5 now, but the paperwork that comes with it only guarantees 3) and is also a very strong contraceptive.
Anyway yeah, its great for lessening or removing cramps but there's a chance of it having all sorts of other symptoms. Depends on the person and how their body reacts to it. When I first got it, I had a lot of like.. pregnancy symptoms xD morning sickness, tenderness, weight gain and cravings, missed periods for like 3 months and other nonsense. But then as my body adjusted its like, yea lets just bleed forever k

I contemplate how much its worth having since my body feels unstable since having it in. all it saves me is excruciating pain (usually was one day out of the month) and i dont worry about preggers

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 21:47:03 )
─ ──┤├────────── ─

@Jolly: Ohh, isn't that was a spiral can also do? Not sure it'd be worth it for me to lose 4 - 5 days a month with bad pain for a bunch of other symptoms though xD
I've been thinking that I want to get tested for endo, but if it isn't that, then I'm not really sure what to do

─ ──────────┤├── ─

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 21:52:37 )

@llama:
what is this spiral?
and yeah, half of the reason was for the strong contraception for me. I'm like, deathly terrified of live birth and pregnancy. Even though I'm not stupid about things I just don't like that the standard methods are only around 75% effective. Too slim, noty.
I'll only ever be a mother if I adopt xD

I dont think it would be a bad idea to get tested. Or at least to talk with a doctor about it O:

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 22:44:55 )
─ ──┤├────────── ─

@Jolly: Oh, it's apparently called a "Intrauterine device" in English. It's a copper device that is inserted into the uterus to prevent pregnancy.
Same, don't want any more of my genes in the world than necessary xD

─ ──────────┤├── ─

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 22:55:32 )

@llama:
OH that thing! I've more commonly heard it called a T-implant or IUD. But the latter is just an abbreviation of what you said, cause standard english speakers cant handle medical words xD
but yeah I think they can have similar symptoms. Any birth control probably could, I think. There's also a cheaper option for shots that I almost did. Each shot lasts 3 months and you can use them at home (needles dont bother me). I didn't wanna risk forgetting to take a shot and end up with worse cramps, which my doctor said is very likely if I stop taking birth control suddenly.

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/8 23:46:41 )
─ ──┤├────────── ─

@Jolly: I just copy pasted it from Wikipedia xD
I recently got a new doctor, so I need to go see them to talk about me getting birth control for my cramps. I've tried some before, but they made me nauseous :<
The shots thing sound really cool though, might look into that :o

─ ──────────┤├── ─
● sry, i'm not that interesting ●
also please ping me

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 00:57:57 )

@llama:
Ahh yeah, I think nausea is a common side effect o:
Maybe your doctor would have some good advice to tackle that. I haven't had a doctor in a while cause its really expensive without insurance here. so sadly my birth control was nooooooot cheap >>

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 01:09:21 )
Oh wow this is such a cool hangout! :O

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 01:10:18 )

@ruby:
Welcome to it! :D
and thanks, I'm glad its being received well. Its been a lot of fun so far

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 01:11:16 )
@Jolly: Thanks! I saw it on the active posts page and was like PIXELS?! I'm so amazed my pixel artists haha it's not as easy as it looks

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 01:12:13 )

@ruby:
Same, I'm not even one myself. But I made this thread to motivate myself to keep trying the skill
and to share that with others. More fun to make things WITH people <3

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 01:13:30 )
@Jolly: I'm definitely gonna check out some of those tutorials you have listed on the front page when I'm not desperately seeking candy canes xD It looks like fun!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 01:15:37 )

@ruby:
lmao thought you meant irl for a second, like ive had this candy cane on my desk since a week before christmas. take it!
have you participated in those npc event threads?

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Artist Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/9 01:17:24 )
@Jolly: Haha I have a candy cane next to me too! xD I wish I could trade it for currency xD
I did one, the boardgame thing. IS that what you're talking about? I'm really new, I joined like two or three days ago haha

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.