Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts THE · NOSTROMO

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 22:46:08 )
Prometheus? That was an alien movie?
...man, I really don't know anything about this fandom, do I?

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 22:58:58 )
@Slytherclaw: It's all good. It's a great movie series though if you like Alien horrorish movies.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 23:12:59 )
@Slytherclaw: Yeah, it was. It didn't seem like it was, but the movies do tie into each other.

You'll learn more about it eventually, I promise you that. Plus there are like a crap ton of theory videos on youtube. I know since I've watched almost all of them, this also includes the stuff on Predator.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 23:14:10 )
I'mma be honest, I think this is the first time I've ever considered the idea that aliens vs predator wasn't actually just the beginning and end of this fandom.
by which i mean this is the first time I realized this has a fandom.
I'm sitting here amazed rn
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 23:18:57 )
@slytherclaw: Yeah, the fandom is pretty interesting once you get into it. So is the Predator fandom. I have at least 2 Predator OCs. My account is actually named after my xenomorph hybrid OC.

Plus just about any movie/show series have fandoms. Plus AvP also has its on comics. Heck, I saw one where it was Aliens vs Batman.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 23:32:00 )
I had no idea that Isolation was a reboot! Alien is one of my favorite movies ever tho. I love the whole series! And Prometheus was amazing too. Cant wait for the supposed sequel. So long as they didn't try to replace anything I can deal. xD

Popping in cause work is kinda slow c: such a pain to post on my phone tho D:

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 23:39:31 )
@vii: No, Isolation was a game. Covenant was the reboot, but its more of a soft reboot if anything.

What may make it as a reboot is because David said that he created the xenomorphs. One fan theory account thinks that if the series is rebooted, it wouldn't effect the AvP movies/comics/games. I think it might though. The first AvP movie was set in 2008 or so, plus it just wouldn't make much since if David created the xenomorphs if they were frozen in Antarctica. The only explanation behind that is if the Yautja (Predators) were time travelers, which would explain why they keep their tech on them and explode if defeated in combat.

Sorry.... Nerd rant thing.... :vanora_sweat:

Edit: Forgot to mention this, but Prometheus and Covenant take place before the first Alien movie. Isolation takes place after the first Alien movie, you play as Ripley's daughter.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 23:51:48 )
@Queen Prisma: Ah yes, thats right Isolation was the game. Might pick it up as I saw a copy for sale at Bookman's. I haven't seen Covenant yet. I love Prometheus tho! Ahh I can't wait to get home so we can geek out properly lol
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/2 23:55:07 )
@vii: My boyfriend gifted it to me on steam since the special edition was on sale. Its pretty good so far. I already have a joke about butter and milk from the game though. Its kinda gross and a little NSFW since it involves my OC. Dx I really shouldn't have asked though.... I was on chat with a friend when it came up.

Covenant was really good. I'm sure its in redbox by now. :) And yay! I can't wait to geek out too!

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 00:04:59 )
I'm a huge fan of all the movies. And I'm interested to see where the " new trilogy" will go. I.e. (Prometheus, Covenant, and ??????)

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 02:43:48 )
@ChemicalDivision: Same here, I really can't wait to see too.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 03:19:10 )
Good evening everyone! Just about to go make make dinner.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 09:15:12 )
Vii:
[size=10]
@Temujin: Welcome, spacefarer! Do help yourself to some space tea, there's space sugar orbs and space cream near the kettle ~

Thank you Vii. Do you have space coffee too? I'm not a fan of tea except for ice lemon tea.

Neko:
@AelloTyphoeus: I don't think we'll have too many deserters. o: I'm seeing a lot of people from Ernya and Syndrone, so I think they are calling this their new home. Honestly I've had no interest in Gaia since Alpha launched xD

I'm not from Ernya and Syndrone - Never heard of them. But I'm from Gaia and Solia. :)

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 11:36:39 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: Do I know you from Solia too? Your name looks familiar.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 17:27:46 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: Cool! Nice to see you here too. Have a cup of coffee

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 19:21:53 )
*wanders around the shop looking for the tea* Is anyone in here yet?

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 21:05:54 )
Morning everyone. -yawns with a light xenomorph screech and starts to drink some tea-
-is still eating the Nutellla that Aello thew to me the other day-

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 21:56:19 )
*Saunters in from the Airlock* Hi everybody.... What's going on? *Takes off helmet* Did someone say tea?
My awesome Art

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/3 21:58:16 )
Today is a day for gaming. Nothing else to do for the rest of the day! YAYS!
Quest Link
Please Mention. I tend to poof and need reminding.
44.1/50k

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 02:34:17 )
@ChemicalDivision: -waves at him with my xenomorph tail as I eat another spoonful of nutella-
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.