Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts THE · NOSTROMO

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 23:01:03 )
@Queen Prisma: I'd only ever watched it on Netflix, and I'm pretty sure I finished Season 1 in like... a day or two... xD

Also, I had logged into Gaia for the first time in YEARS a few months back and could not believe what happened to the economy. And it sucks that people are only after that one type of art, though the avis there themselves are like the ultimate little pixel dolls, so I can see how there would be such a large market for it. And people obviously still love your work! ^-^ Rake in dat gold doe

@ChemicalDivision: Everyone loves looking at it but nobody wants to buy it c': It's so hard to find that right price to charge that you think is not only fair to both sides but is also sustainable for you.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 23:08:47 )
@Vii: I usually take my time when it comes to watching things. Mostly due to work and watching other things on there too.
Yeah, everything is bad on there. And it isn't just pixel art too. If it isn't HQ art, they won't buy it. Plus not to mention, just buying art is a pain in the butt. I want art of my OCs, but trying to find a good person that will draw him is the problem. Yeah... I am... But I get so burnt out on pixel art. I'm slacking off on my commissions as I type this. xD

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 23:12:07 )
Yeah, but weren't you just killing yourself yesterday over commissions?

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 23:20:37 )
@Queen Prisma: Yep, seen that first hand. It's like a status symbol to get art from certain artists over there. xD Meanwhile plenty of other peoples' threads get buried because everyone wants super-HQ digital drawings or super-detailed pixel art. Some of it I suppose is just how long some people have been there, and become spoiled by the amazing art styles found on Gaia. c':

Getting burnt out is no fun though. Such a drained and exhausted feeling. "WILL I EVER PICK UP A PENCIL AGAIN!?!?" lol

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 23:25:57 )
@ChemicalDivision: Nope, lol. I slacked off on them again. xD

@Vii: I know..... :vanora_cry: I just wish art was more affordable on there. I'm hoping that I can get art on here eventually, but I'll need the volts to do that. But right now, the only way people can make volts is by posting or selling art. xD I'm not quite ready to sell art yet, which is why I am doing freebies right now. Probably not gonna do pixels on here for at least a few months. After I do the last commission on Gaia and the few I have on Saph, I think I'll be done. I need to recharge.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 23:27:03 )
I don't blame you!

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 23:30:52 )
@Queen Prisma: I know lol Voltra has such a cute little economy right now, it'll be interesting to see how things grow and develop over the next few months. And I definitely wouldn't blame you either for taking a break -- I know I would! Eventually, I'm going to open up a digital art / profile shop, probably just one slot for each, but I have a lot of projects owed as well which I need to finish first. c': What's your username over on Saph, btw?

I can't wait for the Sewers to open up, looks like it'll be a scavenging-type of game which I really love. ^-^

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/4 23:35:22 )
@Vii: Yeah, I find myself checking this place out more than Gaia, which is pretty good so far. There really isn't much to do on Gaia anymore. Plus the CB is horrible with a lot of rude people and sh!t posters. I don't mind sh!t posting, but I'm pretty tired of it now. I wanna get some art if not a profile once you get the shop up. :) But I wouldn't know what to offer and all I have is 1k. xD I bought the posting reward top and pants the other day. My username over there is Unidentified Angel. I've posted a few times, but not as much.

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 10:25:55 )
@Queen Prisma: Oh, yeah, Gaia is absolute trash anymore. The CB was always kind of garbage, too; there would be certain groups who dominated it at certain parts of the day, EVERY DAY. It was kinda weird, in a way. xD I know what you mean about the shitposting. I love shitposting but that is pretty much all that Gaia has become. c':

And cool, I'll be sure to let you know when I open up shop! Don't worry about prices or anything, it probably won't be for a while and I never really charge much. c: Also had no idea you were Unidentified Angel -- I'm Vaellyth. xD

Voltie — Tenno Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 16:40:43 )
@Vii: I know, right? Its annoying! I really am glad I found this place. I'm checking it more than gaia already.

OMG! Small world! :3 (Small avatar world that is.) And yeah, I wanted to try and keep the theme as my Gaia name with naming it after my OC. When I came to Saph, I wanted something different. I wish you luck on opening your shop.
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 17:19:18 )
*lazily uncurls from his ball of slumber and runs his eyes* morning guys....

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 20:36:12 )
@Queen Prisma: Yeah, your avi on Saph is way different! I love the dark teal and black combo. But I like them both! I was looking through some of your OC art and she seems really cool. ^-^

@ChemicalDivision: Good morning! c:

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 21:11:54 )
*Pops head in* Being at work sucks. How is everyone on the ship today?

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 21:13:15 )
Come chat, peeps! I want to get to 10k volts as quickly as I can! c':

@AelloTyphoeus: Hello, hello! We had a bit of a situation with a facehugger running amok earlier but it's all been taken care of now. |D
How's work going? cB

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 21:33:46 )
@vii:v Lola. Work is work, theirs only two of us working today and my counterpart just went on lunch. So it's just little old me manning the phones for 40 odd more minutes. I kinda wish I was home now. But oh well.

What ya trying to get to 10k for?

Voltie — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 21:35:21 )
@AelloTyphoeus: Ew... I'm sorry hun. That sounds like a bad situation... :(
My awesome Art

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 21:37:34 )
@AelloTyphoeus: Hoo boy, hope your phones aren't ringing like crazy. c': Hey at least you're almost free, though, right?

And not really anything specific, just wanted to set a goal for myself, otherwise I'll probably end up poofing and dropping off in activity lol. oTL

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 22:07:23 )
@Vii: Well they kind of are. And I don't get off for another 5ish hours, but the other guy should come back in less than 10 minutes.

And ahhh. Makes sense. Are you trying to save up for anything. Or is it all just because?

Donator — A.I. Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 22:10:29 )
@AelloTyphoeus: Ugh, good grief, I pray for your ears and brain. D| At least your partner is almost back to help you out, though. Do you get a break soon? o:

And not to save for anything in particular, though I do like to have a good enough stash on hand to buy art or items I might come by as I'm very, very impulsive. xD
[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/5 22:12:50 )
@Vii: Lunch isn't for another hour and a halfish.

I get that. I'm questing after all the items, so I'm slowly saving up. I'm trying to to buy anything that's out yet because I want to get a skirt as soon as they're released, but it's so hard to save. I mean what with such pretty pretty pixels.
Quest Link
Please Mention. I tend to poof and need reminding.
44.1/50k

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.