Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Post your Rants

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/29 19:11:20 )

I woke up to alarm this morning. Just that is the worst, why can't I sleep forever
*grumpily holds coffee*

this is kinda joke rant

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/29 23:02:32 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Sooooo when I moved back from living overseas, I found out that some of my stuff was missing parts thanks to my parents. Thought since it was Black Friday, I’d go buy some of the missing parts back. My old SNES is missing the power cord, so I bought a new power cord, which sparked and fried my console. ): Went to the store to return the cord and get a new console that came with all of the cords and controllers... but when I got home, I found out the port for the new one’s power adaptor port is messed up EVEN THOUGH IT’S SUPPOSED TO BE REFURBISHED AND GUARANTEED TO WORK. >:T This Black Friday is feeling more like a Friday the 13th. Fml.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 18:47:45 )

woke up so cold and a bad headache GAHHHHH D:

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/11/30 19:20:13 )

what is this garbage on my new work schedule? the times are all over the place. get off at 10pm one day, come in at 7am the next?? I'd be lucky to get 6-7 hours of sleep max, given the fact that I don't live in the freaking store and do actually have to take time to drive home, then get my shit together and wind down for bed.. then I gotta wake up and not have time to actually wake up or have breakfast or anything I guess, since I won't get home early enough to go to bed in time to wake up early enough to HAVE time to do anything before rushing out the door. You get penalized for being late, but god forbid you actually have time to sleep or get ready so that you're not late.
I just don't get why they wouldn't give people consistent shifts. Wouldn't it be so much easier to have certain people always working at certain times to make sure things are covered? Instead of this willy-nilly "need somebody for X time, grab any ol' person regardless of what shift they just got done working" bs? Retail I stg, it's like they got monkeys making the schedules. I get the whole "we only care about our money, not your time or health" crap they like to do, but screwing around with people's work-life balance hurts the company, too. Because that's exactly how you get people coming in late, calling in, and/or just not giving a shit about the job they do when they get there.

Hopefully all this raging will be premature and it'll either be a one-time thing or a mistake, and/or the manager will be nice enough to work with me on it and have a more consistent schedule. But regardless of what the case is with this particular job, I've seen enough of it being done at other jobs to be more than a little wary. Guy at my Walmart job was consistently being put on those same back-to-back "get off late/come in early" shifts for months before they finally listened and agreed to fix his schedule.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 18:41:51 )

every time i have a day off to focus on hw and me, I end up spending half of it cleaning.
I'm so tired of this. he gets to beat all his video games while I just have to slave away. I give him instructions to help me do this or that and he does it half way cause he cant stay focused.
I'm an inch away from locking him out of his pc so he cant game until we're done unpacking and this room is organized.

I just want one day off

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/1 19:55:49 )
i hate christmas stuff in october. i hate christmas stuff in november. people be putting up lights and trees like friggin november 1st and its like..."its not even thanksgiving yet!!!!!" it drives me batty...its december now and im just...not ready for christmas shiz
I wear many faces

Art Shop
https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7892 Art Dump
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7849 Item Shop
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7944

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 03:15:44 )

My nose is so sore from having a running nose D: halp
im sickkkk and my body aches.
::makes some tea and hides under my blanket::

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/2 06:26:05 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I'm so tired of no one appreciating or even noticing the work I do at home.
I get sick and don't do one thing and get lectured for not doing enough and I need to do even more work??
Despite I do a lot of the work yet no one ever seems to appreciate it.
They just label me as the lazy sister just because I'm on my laptop.
Despite I do freelance work on it to help out.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/5 02:59:54 )

i think my septum is infected and i'm scared i'm gonna die or something or have to take it out and im like, upset bc i thought the place was kinda shady but my boyfriend INSISTED it was fine, and no, it was not

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/7 14:34:05 )

My dad still has to be an asshole about everything and then get angry when I'm not saying something in a nice tone. Well maybe stop being an asshole then.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 10:57:42 )

I really need to be left alone... idk how much longer I can do this but I'm. really close to just full meltdown
I need this holiday break SO BAD, please can this week just fast forward...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 19:32:37 )

people who don't seem to understand the basic rules of driving...
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/16 22:26:37 )

I cant take this cold please sun come out.

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/17 00:46:04 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Why does everything in America have so much sodium?! We’re supposed to have like about 1500mg of sodium a day, but a lot of food items (canned goods, sauces, broth, etc) have like 800-1000mg per serving. Wtffff?!
I’ve been trying to help my dad buy stuff that’s lower in sodium because he’s had another kidney stone, and I’m finding out just how much of a struggle this is... no wonder high blood pressure/cardiovascular disease is killing so many people a year. Found out the average American consumes 3000-7500mg of sodium daily, prolly from eating every day normal items. )x

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/19 18:35:06 )

So after getting jerked around for 2 days by people acting like they have no idea why I'm not on the schedule any more and passing me off on someone else, then not calling me when they said they would and me having to call them, I finally got an "answer" from someone at work. Apparently they don't need so many seasonal people after all and are cutting hours in my department, so instead of just scheduling me less and/or giving me other work, "They'll call you if/when they need you". AKA I'll probably never hear from them again, and if I do, it'll be too little too late.
I took this stupid job expecting that I'd be kept busy during the season and, if all went well, I'd be kept on permanently when it was all done. And if they didn't need me or just didn't freaking like me after the season was out, they wouldn't ask me to stay. No big loss. Then if I did get asked to stay, I might chance asking about getting a more stable schedule, learning other departments, etc.
But no. Not only did they never train me on register like they claimed they wanted every new hire to do, but now they don't even have the courtesy to properly let me go when they decide either they don't need me any more or I'm just not good enough for them, or whatever. They'd rather CONTINUE to string me along, talking to me as though I still have a job, but not actually giving me any work. Surely they don't think I'm just gonna sit around doing nothing until January hoping they'll call me in one or two more days before it's all over. I just don't get it. If you don't want me there, say so. Call me into the damn office and tell me you're laying me off, firing me, whatever the hell you gotta do. The season is not over; you can't possibly be totally out of work for me to do, especially when I could have been trained to go on register. You always need cashiers, but you'd rather send me home when the carts are done than send me somewhere else. God forbid you have a reason to pay me, I guess.
And what really burns me is the way I was treated prior to this nonsense: barely trained at all, literally my second day on the job and being griped at about not being fast enough when I haven't had the chance to learn where every item in the store is or how everything works yet. Having completely unrealistic goals (locate every item in under a minute, knowing full well that a surprisingly large number of items aren't actually on the floor or have been moved without notice and thus have to be hunted for and confirmed not to be found?? seriously?) and never offering anything helpful when I ask how to make it go faster.
"Well the main reason this cart took longer than you wanted was because the order was all clothing, and none of the clothing sections are labeled. Is there an easier way to find them than just hunting through the items by brand and department?"
"Nope."
well gee, THANKS. Then half the damn things aren't even put out yet at all, yet you tell me I HAVE to look for them, check the surrounding areas, and then only if I'm absolutely sure I can't find them, I still have to wait for a supervisor to look them up in the system and/or look for them on the floor themself before entering 'can't find'. But sure, tell me how I'm supposed to be finding each one in about 30 seconds... So basically y'all got frustrated that new hires couldn't do the impossible, but instead of helping them, moving them to another area, or just having the courtesy to let them go, you think the best option is to... string them along for days, "no idea why you're no longer on the schedule, we'll totally get back to you on that" and when you can't give them the slip that way, just give some BS about how "we'll call you when we want you to come work".
christ almighty
even walmart wasn't this bad. close, really really close... but at least they actually did the layoff, even if they did give me a BS excuse to go with it.
I wish my last job had been permanent. Even with the low pay, I loved going there and always felt like I could talk freely with the managers and get answers when I needed them.
But I think this might be the last time I try to do seasonal work anywhere, 'cause it is just not worth it.

AKA Count Trashula

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/25 03:37:44 )
Seriously? You’re an asshole, man...

Your snoring woke me up FOUR TIMES, and when I was upset and made ONE TINY SNIFFLE and it woke you up, all I get is “why are you being so pissy?”

I wasn’t being “pissy”, I was crying.

I really needed to be well rested today, and you KNOW THAT.

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/1 12:08:12 )
My neighbours are partying again. They're two houses down from mine and I can still hear their screaming. I can stand music but I cannot stand the shouting and screaming they do each time. Although I understand that it's new years day and the occasion calls for a celebration, I wish my neighbours would be more considerate. There are people who have to wake up early to work tomorrow and it's hard to fall asleep when they're constantly screaming like hyenas.

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 23:44:53 )

OKAY i have a stan account on twitter for miraculous, anime, and dan and phil, and last year there was this guy in the winx fandom that targeted mlb fans and sent them hate and insulted them, etc, and that person targeted me by sending anon hate on curious cat (a question asking site that u can connect to twitter)
SO i still get sent hate every now and then, although if i answer it i just give a witty response bc ngl i dont give a shit what people think about me,, im me and they can fuck off u know
so a mutual of mine tweeted that she thinks that one of her mutuals is sending anons to themselves?? and i dont know if she means me, but if she does, WHY WOULD I DO THAT??
for context, u cant send urself anons urself, but if u have two accounts u can, i set up accounts for both of my twitter accounts (i have a personal account too just for rants and life and stuff) and she follows both my accounts, so IF SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT ME she would think im using my personal to send myself hate???
and i just,,, why would i do that?? i dont WANT attention?? i dont need any attention?? i get enough attention from my friends, im not gonna fucking send myself hate
i wanna ask her if she meant me but like,, she'd deny it if she did anyway so i dont see the point
maybe im being paranoid, i dont know, but i was due a rant so here u go

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/10 05:12:02 )

i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself i hate myself

Shop | Art Thread | used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama | forum bunny by kouenli

Donator — They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/16 19:33:51 )

I wish people didn't have to feel so alone and hurt. I don't have the right to be truly upset by this, because I barely knew you. I met you in person once, and you were so sweet. I wish I had been online more to get to know you. I know not a fragment of what you were going through, and I'm not nearly as affected by this as your family and closest friends. It's selfish of me, I know. I can't help but think maybe if I had made the effort to reach out and become friends faster, I could have been another ear for you. Not that I am so special to make that much of a wave, but I know how much it can help to have a larger support system. Even a new friend, someone detached enough from a situation. It just breaks my heart that you were going through something so painful, and I hope so dearly that you have found some peace. I hope there's an afterlife, because you deserve so much to be able to exist in some modicum to be able to feel at ease. I hope that the world changes, because people like you deserve to feel just like anyone else, free of those burdens, able to be yourself. The system failed you. As it has failed so many other people. There is only one positive thing to come out of this, and that is renewed vigor in affecting change to make sure this doesn't happen again. Again, I barely knew you, and I have no right to say any of this at all, but, I hope you know that you are special, and made an effect on my life in the short time I spoke to you. A friend of a friend is a friend of mine. So rest well, friend.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.