Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Post your Rants

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 08:40:34 )

I hate thats theres no IKEA in the state I live in :<

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/18 08:48:41 )

I hate that the buses here only run until 5pm.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/21 23:08:35 )

I am so tired of my dad right now. First he did not want to go to a record fair the day after our vacation. Then later he suddenly doesn't mind because he thought the record fair was after summer vacation. And now he's like "I thought it was Sunday". So I reminded him it was Saturday and now he doesn't feel like going again.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/23 11:29:23 )
I'm getting...tired of a lot of things lately.
I don't even want to type this much, I just want to curl up and go to sleep...

You were supposed to arrive here at 9am. Only found out around 11:30am that you woke up late and had a headache and were coming this evening instead. What sucks is that you didn't even message me to let me know, my family had to contact yours.

I thought you'd either slept in late or just didn't want to come anymore... I know sometimes you just don't like going out but I was really excited to see you again and I'm sad it happened this way...

On another note... you're my friend but our chats feel odd. Maybe I'm just used to using discord a lot and actually conversing with people, but you mostly just send memes and one word answers to me. How am I supposed to work with that..? I know you prefer voice notes, I guess, but your one word replies make me anxious that you just don't want to talk to me, even though you say it's because you were distracted or trying to do something else or drawing at the time...

Idk... head feels like it's slowly being squeezed in....gonna take a nap...

Donator — she, her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/23 23:42:38 )
I snap and I’m not going to apologize.
You DEMAND my full attention constantly, when I need you you aren’t there or if you are you twist it around so it’s about how me being upset makes you feel. I understand the significance of this weekend, but you have put me through so much hell in two years and refused to get counseling for yourself which is whatever, but you don’t take your meds correctly and then they don’t work, and you get mad at me. I’m not sorry I told you that you are never there for me, because it’s true. I’ve been going through my own thing for months now and you barely care. It’s okay that your thing came up and that overshadows me. Always. I’m constantly overshadowed. I’m constantly on the back burner. I’m just honestly done. You told me to leave and then when I got my stuff to go told me not to, that you don’t want me to.. my head can’t take this anymore.
Foever in my heart
Spookums 11/25/18
Angus 6/23/19
Mom 6/29/19
Dad 11/29/2021

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/24 01:41:06 )

It hasn't even been a full 2 weeks yet since I've been without a job, and here you come already, swinging those passive aggressive remarks around like you think I won't pick up on the fact that you have a huge problem with the very sight of me. Like, you're aware that my stress has been so bad that I was very nearly hospitalized just now, but you wanna come and pile more onto me by breathing down my neck and making your dumbass doom-and-gloom "predictions" about the nonexistent "future". No, dummy, months aren't going to just fly by with me not getting anything done. Yes, I do fully expect to have a job within the next few weeks; why shouldn't I? I'm not an idiot like you seem to believe for whatever reason. I have a car, I have job experience, and I had a valid reason for quitting my last job, and left on good terms. I could go back to that same job if I really wanted to, but my health won't let me right now, which was why I left in the first place. AND YOU KNOW THAT. And as much as you love making assumptions about me or what I'm doing, maybe you should assume the obvious: that I've been using this time to recover and work on the things that I've neglected due to work and health-related issues, like researching schools and fixing my sleep schedule and running all kinds of errands and getting my health back on track. I have bills to pay, a car that needs an inspection and a tune-up, taxes that need to be filed, commissions that need to be completed, and a shit ton of other things that need to be addressed. And I'm doing all that while trying to recover from a pretty bad bout of symptoms, which I was very nearly over before you started back with your old favorite BS complaints and "worries" about things that are not and never were real problems, just because you hate me being here so much that you refuse to acknowledge what's really happening around you in favor of your made-up fantasy of me being some kind of lazy gross moron who does nothing but use your precious resources and waste time and space. Because I guess it's easier on you to pretend that I'm the problem than it is to take any responsibility for your own contributions to my lack of opportunities or to my health problems, which I've been very obviously busting my ass to overcome in spite of you.

Voltie — Shy Kitten Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/24 16:37:03 )

Gosh... I'm so tired of this person keeping tabs on me like
I'm something to worry about now. It's been many, many years since I've spoken to you.
STOP following my tracks and talking about me when I've left you alone for so long.
I don't need somebody being hypocritical, to get what they want.

@ for reply!

☾✧ quest tracker:

Donator — They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/26 04:12:19 )

But so recently at work I got promoted and so did this other guy. So we are both managers. But he is a different kind of manager. Anyway, he still has the title. He does some things that I know for a fact are wrong so I tried to call him out the other day on it (well, call out is a harsh term. I was trying to correct him politely. I wasn't even being rude. But he got visibly annoyed with me. And now that we both have the same manager title I don't think he thinks he needs to listen to me. Or that my opinions have any value. His way is faster and more efficient so clearly it is the right way :)

Not to mention he disappears without telling anyone where he is going/doing but that's fine just a slap on the wrist but he will do it again so whatever

A very insightful man once said, "Don't half ass two things. Whole ass one thing."

So, frustrating. I'm just a girl so what do I know?

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/27 00:32:02 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

The good news is, our business broke a record this week for busyness. We've been doing excellent lately and it feels like hard work paid off.

But the flip to that is we've been tirelessly busy.
I haven't slept well in weeks.
Ive been chronically sick.

And I love my dude but he went and agreed to host a class with our business neighbor ...without thinking it through.... So I've had to be the one to take in all the marketing and business writing for BOTH OF THEM (because the lady he is working with is very illiterate orz) ive had very very little peace and quiet and ive been swamped hunched over a desk doing piles of papers or other quick task work for this job, my volunteer job (yeah voltra ties in too but its fun) and now the classes.
Shes hyper sensitive to criticism that I HAVE to give because these courses are going to reflect on both our businesses. We're unintentionally doing her a favor -and I know it was part of her intent to rope my fiance my one day a week off knowingif he said yes itd give her business publicity. IM the manager for this very reason. My darling is idealistic dreamer impulsive with low standards of professionalism that I guide him through or do myself...

Oof my guy just really didnt think it through and it kinda fucked me as I have to compensate for her too. Shes not even that well reviewed he just got idealistic about it and jumped. This isnt going to be over until the end of April and I already kinda wanna die over it.

what even is sleep
and screaming hello I'm a narcoleptic this is really really bad for me. I have to over use my meds to keep up with the load.im on a weird autopilot

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/28 02:21:01 )

This is only a small thing but it still BOTHERS ME IMMENSELY: I bought a dry erase board for my wall. It's a rectangle, looks the same on both ends, so I just lined it up and stuck it to my corkboard. It's not gonna come off without a fight, and the corkboard will lose that fight. So it's stuck the way it is for good, which is fine... except for one thing. They put a tiny little almost-invisible logo on one end that I didn't notice until after I'd stuck it on the board. And it's upside down. I'll never be able to unsee it now. Despite being the same at both ends save for the logo, my board is technically upside down. After all the care I took to perfectly line up the little sticker pads and everything.
rrrrrrRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEeeeeeeeEEEEEEE

...I'll probably end up trying to scratch off the logo now tbh

Update: So it must have seen me complaining because it randomly fell off into the floor later that night. I have no idea how, as that thing was stuck tight and I made sure to test it first and everything. So I had the chance to put it back on right-side-up. butnowi'mscaredit'llfalloffagain

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/29 19:41:06 )

why can't people just mind their own business and trust that i have the well-being of my workplace in mind when making decisions? seriously. you have been an issue ever since i got promoted and have proven over time that you are incapable of keeping your mouth shut, doing your job and staying in your lane. you were offered my position numerous times before I was, yet you want to try to be a backseat driver all the time, take up all of this space and be a constant disappointment. i do everything i can to accommodate you but you can't even run a fucking activity that literally takes 0% effort. i don't get it. and you divulging confidential, sensitive info to others is so problematic! but you keep doing it even tho you've been repeatedly told to NOT DO IT???? i just rly don't understand your motives, end goal or anything. are you intentionally trying to sabotage, demean, insult and otherwise undermine me? or are you rly just so fucking dumb, can't see outside of your own immediate needs, wants and perspective, and don't care enough about the long-term consequences of your actions that you'll just do whatever you want without a second thought? holy fuck. i may be younger than you but you never grew up and are still a teenager. grow up, mind your own business, trust that i'm doing my job or fucking leave.

call me grem
they/them

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/29 21:36:00 )
╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍
Why the hell can't I stop procrastinating. For five minutes.
Seriously this should have been done yesterday. I literally only have the background to do.
But here I am. On Voltra. Boy howdy.

╍╍Gʀᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢꜱ Fʀᴏᴍ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍Tʜᴇ Lᴏɴᴇʟʏ Cɪᴛʏ╍╍

Voltie — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/30 20:45:20 )
I always have to step around with my words or else it will be turned into a problem
This will not be a fun time
thank you kid!!

VOLTRA BBCODE AND RESOURCE GUIDE

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/31 21:18:19 )

I hate living here so much I can't stand it. I feel completely non-functional, like everything just has to stop whenever she's around, even worse when she has company over. Because I know the minute I come into view, I'll be stopped and questioned or forced into an awkward conversation or expected to perform for the guest like some kind of toy. And even just knowing she's here, hearing her moving around the house, hearing her in there talking to someone, gives me anxiety. I feel stupid hiding out waiting for her and her company to leave, but I'm also pissed off that I can't just relax and go about my business. I can't just go to the kitchen for a simple cup of coffee without the fear of being seen and judged. I feel like if I want to leave my room at all, I'll have to get all washed and dressed up just to go get breakfast a few feet away, just because of her. This is ridiculous.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/1 20:50:48 )

Seriously? So first you complain about how you don't want to be told last moment that mom and I go to the gym. And then when I tell you in time you complain to your wife/my mom about how we made the decision without you. And you say you wanted to do something friday but we already seemed to have made plans. And then you complain about my mom going out to dinner again. Now I just wished mom wasn't coddling you. She also told me that next time I should tell me dad we are thinking of going to the gym instead of telling him we are going. I am sorry what? He shouldn't be deciding when we should/can and shouldn't/can't go.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/10 21:44:49 )

I am so done with life rn
I basically had to beg my doctor to pass on a note for the staff to use my preferred name when addressing me, because he kept saying there was nothing they could do unless it was legally changed in their paperwork. Like. You're the only one out of my 3 doctors who still has people calling me the wrong name; it can't be that hard to just add a "preferred name" note and pass it on to your staff. So he finally did that. Great.
Then on my way home, I have to get my car inspected after putting it off for like 3 weeks. Got that done, cool, had to get a light replaced but otherwise no real issues. But as I'm backing out, finally ready to go home, someone starts turning into a parking space right next to me. I had no way of seeing her; I looked behind me before starting to back out but the lot was totally empty. Then mid-turn she appears from around the corner, having just come into the lot off the highway. Luckily she was nice enough about it and it wasn't much damage, just a scratch/black mark that looked like it could be mostly if not entirely rubbed off. Gave her my insurance number, and now I'm just praying I don't hear from her (or them) because I can't afford to have my insurance payments go any higher than they already are; I can barely afford to drive as it is and only have the bare minimum legally required coverage. She didn't seem to know what to do and I wasn't really sure either, and it wasn't anything significant, so I really hope she just lets it go. I do not have time for this shit. Or money. I really wish I didn't have to drive, period, because it's more cost and hassle than it's worth, but unfortunately you really can't survive without a car these days unless you have hours and hours to spare riding the bus. Which I don't.
So.
Now I'm home and have a bunch more stuff I need to work on, doctors still debating over whose prescribed medication is to blame for my various symptoms, no job, no time or energy to look for a job, and no idea how I'm gonna get through the next few months without being able to afford a significant change to my living situation. If I could just move out, this would all be so much easier to deal with, but I can't go anywhere until at least mid-June, and that's only assuming that the people in charge of getting my house fixed up actually get their act together this time around.
fml

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/10 22:42:41 )
I hate this feeling of looking at myself and feeling automatic disgust and disdain. Some days I look in the mirror and I think it's not that bad. Some days I even think I look cute, or pretty. But others I want to smash the mirror, or the camera, and never look at it again. I can never decide on a diet because I can't decide if I hate myself or should try to accept myself. I can't keep food down anyway, I'm so used to starving myself that one meal a day is just routine. I am constantly losing and gaining the same ten pounds no matter what I do. I inflate like a balloon and then shrink back down at the drop of a hat. My water intake is insanely low because all it ever does is bloat me. And if I'm bloated I feel tense and disgusting. I swell up like a literal whale and I hate it. No matter what I do with makeup I can never be satisfied because no camera ever catches a picture of me that's accurate. But what even is accuracy when I can never decide if I even like myself from the start. What the hell kind of dysphoric garbage is this? I hate it so much.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/12 06:44:48 )

Continuing yesterday's rant because apparently life just CAN'T STOP shitting on me! :'^D
So now my grandma has taken notice of some damage that I apparently didn't see on my car and had to question me about it. Made the mistake of telling her what happened, which led her to start judging me and prying into my business of course, and when I dared to imply that I wanted to be left alone to handle my situation my own way, she started RANTING AND YELLING at me while talking down to me like I was just some stupid, disrespectful child. And going on and on and on, and now I'm having flashbacks to the last time she started this crap (not that long ago, mind you) and how I was suicidal then and my health has been getting worse and I can't handle her starting this same shit with me AGAIN right now I really can't do it any more. But where else am I supposed to go? I can't stay here with someone who gives zero shits about my mental or physical well-being and feels entitled to me and expects me to sing her songs of praise for constant validation while she continues to put me down and treat me like garbage. I can't handle it. I barely survived the first time she did it, or the second time for that matter, or the third. And I barely survived when my mom was doing it for years nonstop before her. I can't waste what little life I have left just "barely surviving"; that will run out VERY QUICKLY at this rate. I was literally days away from landing in the hospital only a few short weeks ago, and I just got lucky enough that my health started improving a little after I put in my two weeks' notice. And now my symptoms are ramping up again because every time I start to feel even a little bit better and am ready to be more productive and get out there and do things, here she comes to wreck my shit and make sure I stay in a perpetual state of physical pain, illness, and emotional distress. Because I guess as long as I'm not paying rent (which I've told her multiple times all she has to do is write a rental agreement and I'd gladly pay rent--but she refuses to do so because she wants to have something to hold over me and make herself look like the victim), she has to make sure I "pay" in other ways. By being miserable and unable to achieve anything, I guess. Cool. Great. If I don't find a place to stay for the next few months while I wait for my house, the place I end up staying will probably just be the hospital because that's where this is headed. Again.

AKA Count Trashula

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/13 22:40:48 )
I wanna pour my feelings down the drain

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/14 00:15:06 )
why does everything-- literally EVERY LITTLE THING-- have to be a F___ING argument.
i'm about to rip something in half and stomp on it.
all i can ever do is just hang my head and give up.
you were right. i was wrong. you win. happy?

Pʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ @ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀ ʀᴇꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴇ.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.