Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Today I learned..

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 09:11:50 )
I noticed we don't have one of these threads yet and they are my favorite to read. So I am making one.

Feel free to post your own TIL stories.

Which animal sleeps the shortest in a day?

So I randomly read on wikipedia that horses sleep only about 3 hours per day and I was like.. there is no way I can function with that little sleep. So I decided to look up which animal sleeps the shortest and whaddaya know its the giraffe. Giraffes sleep an average of two hours a day.

If you wanted to know which animal sleeps the most, its the koala. It sleeps 22 out of 24 hours a day.

Giraffe fun fact dedicated to @Millet:

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 10:49:44 )

@Saeyra: giraffes sleep standing u and they take turns who stays awake, otherwise they would be an easy meal for the lions.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 10:59:49 )
@Tuijp: Yeah I read that most grazing animals like horses, deer and cows do that and sleep in naps of like 5 mins at a time.

Did you also know that dolphins don't sleep at all? They just turn off half of their brain and close one eye. I think its cool.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 11:28:25 )

@Saeyra: yep
Did you know that elephants can’t jump, because they would break their legs when landing and, if they could,they would cause an earthquake

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 12:00:35 )
@Tuijp: They might be okay if you build a giant trampoline for them. Look at this happy guy!

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 12:32:23 )

@Saeyra: that video is amazing

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 20:12:06 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

.....friggin' Giraffes I swear to God....

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/8 17:43:54 )
@Millet: Aww but Millet, giraffes are the biggest sweethearts.."The giraffe's heart measures about two feet tall and weighs approximately 25 pounds." See?

An octopus has three hearts, nine brains, and blue blood. Two hearts pump blood to the gills, while a third circulates it to the rest of the body.

You can tell a male octopus from a female by looking at the tip of its third arm on the right (starting between the eyes and going clockwise). Males have a special tip on this arm that has no suckers on the last few inches. This specialized tip is visible even in immature octopus. To mate, the male inserts this special arm into the female’s body cavity. A captured male will try to protect this arm.

Always ping me please.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.