Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The Pokemon Center

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 07:55:48 )
Right now, all I'd really want to do is change my first and middle names around. Because then my given name would also be my legal first name, and all would be easier with the world. :P

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 08:58:19 )
Your name is totally Lane. :P
Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 09:38:36 )
@shadami: xD I'm pretty sure my middle name is pretty common too. All I got is my uncommon last name.
AAWWYEAHHH

@dataninja: Exactly! Definitely can't replace a life- that's serious stuff. I'm pretty weak, but I would fight back as much as I could. Thankfully I can minimize as much as I can by taking precautions.

Right? I always really liked the name Genevieve, but I don't think I'd like using it. @ w @;; I also really like Lillith, but I'm naming my future daughter that, so... there's that. xD I'd probably stick with my name, I suppose.
Idk, I think your name sounds beautiful. It's really unique too. q vq!!

@lily: Ahhhh. I've never even thought about it that way. I was named after a little girl that my mom was really cute and nice. x ___ x ;;; I've never met the girl, but apparently she was good so ... eh?

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 09:49:57 )
*rolls in*
How is everyone?

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 09:53:49 )
@pixiebuns: Nice roll! /holds 10 sign! : U !!!

Doing alright. Drinking some beer before going to sleep. xD Ending good on a Saturday night, I suppose. Lol. How about you?

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 09:56:14 )
@Yuracye: why thank you ;D *bows*
Awesome! what kind of beer? anything fancy? we have a ton of beer and stuff in our fridge xD
I'm good. we got the internet and our hobby room mostly set up, along with most of the house c:

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 10:05:14 )
@pixiebuns: Of course! <3
Ahhh it's an Oktoberfest beer! Unfortunately it's a limited time one, so I'm going to be really upset when they pull it of the shelves. TT ___ TT The struggle is real. The beer in my house goes pretty fast, but we buy the 6 packs one, so it's about 2-3 days between my fiance and I. |||OTL.
Ooh, that's good! I've always wanted a hobby room, or well just my own little room for everything that I love to do. Like studio/office room. xD what do you have in there so far?

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 10:38:10 )
@Yuracye: Yeah, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure...

Too many good names out there. (Too many "ehhhhhh..." ones, too, but those aren't the ones we're concentrating on.) :P

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 11:00:54 )
@Yuracye: Oooh fun! I'm not much of a beer person, i like ciders or liquor haha.
My boss loooves fancy beers so i hear a lot about them from him.
Yeah sometimes beer goes fast when we just have a couple a night.
mhhhm. yeah. i have soo much sewing stuff between all my machines and fabric and tools. i pretty much neeed one.
bf has electrical stuff. he is an engineer so he likes to put things together. he wants to make a robot lol
i sew and cross stitch and all that crafty stuff. it's much fun c:

ping me
Art in sig by Seo
Art in post by Cedes
Hangout

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 11:04:04 )
See, I would have gone by my middle name, but one of my best friends was already doing it and we share the same middle name.
And frankly, given that his other option was Martin, I think he got first dibs on our shared middle name.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 11:11:47 )
This is the nice thing about online. Everyone picks a name that (presumably) they at least don't mind being referred to by. :P

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 11:14:52 )
I used to really, really hate my name, but I've largely just accepted it at this point lol
I'm used to being called Sly at this point tho
Even when you nerds visit me in person, that's what I end up called
Was super weird to have Felix over calling out Sly across the room
Especially because I answered to it just as easily

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 11:23:20 )
Yeah, there is definitely a different feel to it when you're called a name over text, compared to actually having it called out at you in person. I still am not used to having my first name said whenever we Skype call. It's an ordinary thing in text, but... not over voice. XD

Hazards of having a host of 'identities' that you've collected. :P

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 11:24:38 )
Haha, yeah, truth! I'm still not over the fact that you aren't even really a cupcake and everything is a lie
alas
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 18:13:16 )
@dataninja: Damm. Well said. u vu///

XD. There's definitely some interesting names out there.

@pixiebuns: I wasn't a beer fan until recently. I used to hate them, but I've slowly gotten to like them. Generally I stick to craft beers, I don't like the ones that people drink at parties. I usually only stick with a beer a night, unless I start drinking early.
Ahh, that's awesome! I wish I could sew. Rip. Are you making anything now?

@slytherclaw: haha, Martin.
This whole conversation reminds me of the show "New Girl."

----
I respond to Yuracye more than my real name sometimes.

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 21:01:51 )
@Yuracye: Sometimes, since my phone could go online, I just ignored my laptop and used that for everything instead, but I don't do that as much anymore XD

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/10 22:32:15 )
@Yuracye: I don't really respond as well to anything I go by online... mainly because I do just go by them online. Sometimes they almost seem to be a whole different person - one who's a lot more open and talkative, for one. XD

@Lily: Since I don't have work today (they made me work Labour Day instead, oh well), and I made sure to finish all my homework yesterday, should be a pretty easygoing day for me. Hopefully it goes just as well for you.

Please ping when responding to me, to make sure I see your reply!

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 01:15:37 )
@lily: People always seem to post a lot when I'm the most busy. xD
I've had a great Sunday though, glad yours is going well too!!

@ginji: Oh dang. I can't be bothered half the time with using my phone. It just takes so much longer to type everything out. Then I need to scroll up and remember what I was talking about. x __ x Short term memory isn't so good. rip.

@dataninja: Fair enough! I've been online people irl, so I guess that's part of the reason why? When I talk to people on discord (with the exception that people know me irl) they all call me by my username.
@ __ @

TH | dA

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 01:26:54 )
@Yuracye: Yeah, that's true. Everything is so small, so I don't use my phone for avatar sites. You can't read anything and have to zoom in anyway, but facebook is fine XD
This is my topic in the Exchange. Please go buy my items. I have old crate items and orb items for sale.

https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7218/#666694

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/11 01:27:07 )
Gasp! Poke' friends! :3
*Waves to other trainers*

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.