Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The Pokemon Center

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 21:22:00 )
I used to breed competitive in the video games. Did a few minor contests at conventions where you could win badges if you battle people, haha. I had a breeding stand at one con where if you beat me I'd trade you a battle ready mon I just had boxes of x3

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 21:50:52 )
Slytherclaw:
@DataNinja: DOWN WITH WOBBOFET!

@Yuracye: That sounds so scary!

@all: By the way, I'm running a pokemon roleplay/fanfiction/quest thing if you happen to be interested! You don't have to know anything about the system, setting, etc, and you're welcome to jump in and vote or not vote as desired. x3

i think i actually posted in it already :3

Woboffet!! *smacks forhead*
i can't even do that in text with out twitching from annoyance. :vanora_heart:

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 21:56:53 )
Haha, you did! I think you're the only one who did, though, and I usually hold off for like 5 votes or soz so I dunno if it's going to end up kicking off, alas.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 22:09:21 )
I hope it does. PTU is pretty awesome. :] I was planning to use it to make characters in whatever pokemon RP i can get into anyways even if its behind the scenes and only helping me decide stuff. xD

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 22:11:50 )
Yeah, PTU is sorta my life now lol so
Are you a member of our communities?

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 22:18:31 )
I think i have an account on the website... I haven't logged in though in quite a long time. I used to like skimming the forums for ideas because I was running a campaign. It was a crazy one actually. There's this emulator that has the option to make all wild pokemon random, or just randomize the ones in an area. so like all rattatas could be replaced with Squirtles, or Mews.

I took the areas from the games and used that one random pokemon generator i forget what it is right now and randomized what was in the area, than made a storyline based off it. I even randomized what the starters could have been for each person. Someone rolled a legendary which was incredibly amusing. I made it a baby Moltres because I was planning to introduce legendary babies anyways because some ancient artifact had been found. Man... it was really fun before our group ended up in different states and with crazy different schedules.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 23:00:23 )
@Slytherclaw: If you want, I can have a look-see post something in there. I just figured I've got enough games, I don't need my voice heard. :P

@shadami: Ouch. I know the feeling of schedules breaking up games. That happened to all the D&D games I ran/played in. That's why I just play/run PbP PTU now. (Which we now have a separate website for, run by people who actually care about PbP.)

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 23:02:58 )
yeah i just need to somehow find a way to play one cause i miss tabletops so much!!

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 23:41:49 )
@shadami: If you're willing to try play by post (I know, it's not for everyone, you can check out here. Unfortunately, you'll probably have to keep an eye out for a little bit, given that there are no games currently recruiting, but eventually more will pop up. They like to come in waves.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 23:44:04 )
i'll check it out, but at this very moment I can't do it. xD Busy busy weekend.
Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 00:11:21 )
Oh, yeah, I understand that. I mean, it's not like it's going anywhere. XD
"Quick, guys, Shadami's coming, we need to move domain names."

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 04:39:21 )
@ginji: It is! They just seem more interested in everything, you know? And everything can just be more fun. They're still getting used to sitting in seats and following directions and being quiet and whatnot.
Oooh, that sounds really cool. q ___ q ;; I mean, obviously you really liked it and still remembered it!!
I've seen something similar, where they did it on a projector. I mean, it wasn't as good as seeing it in person, but it did the trick, I suppose. u vu ///

@ninja: Hello hello!
I played the card game a little bit, but nothing really competitively. I'm not good at those things tbh.

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 06:07:40 )
@Yuracye: Yeah that's probably how people would do it these days, since technology is completely taking over. I am 24 right now and I was 5 in Kindergarten. That is 19 years ago. Back then, we didn't have that much. There were no cell phones or anything. I just had a house phone growing up and didn't even use a computer a lot until I was twelve or so XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 06:15:43 )
Same, Genji! It was the most exciting thing to finally have a computer in our house when I was a teenager. When I got my /own/ laptop I thought I was in heaven. It's so weird how fast it all happened..
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 09:21:51 )
@ginji: Yeah, good point. q vq I totally forgot that this generation is growing up and learning how to use computers. There was barely a computer in the classrooms when I was going to school. I think.. I remember they tried to get us to use the computers to type, but it was rare that we ever used them.
I didn't even get a cell phone until I was 17/18?

@slytherclaw: YES! Omg! I was super hyped when I got my own computer! I was able to be on Gaia all the time. xD

TH | dA

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 10:16:07 )
For me, the computers in elementary were basically all for educational games - typically math - and learning how to type. The latter of which I, uh, never really learned how to do well. I can get a decent speed going when I look at the keyboard, but... >.>;

And, yeah, the freedom of being able to have your own computer? I was finally able to get that in the last year of high school. (And which was the main reason I was even able to get into Pokémon Tabletop, because... well, my parents have a fairly low opinion of "childish pursuits". Screw that, though. I have fun, and that's what matters.) Before getting that, I never really had too much internet freedom. So, I was certainly a late arrival to all things internet. Even stuff like forums. XD

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 10:50:37 )
@Yuracye: Yeah, same here. I used a computer at my house way before I got a cell phone. I think I was around 17 as well. I never liked talking on the phone, so I didn't need one and when I did get it, I ended up texting and just finding people to role play with anyone because I don't do much regular talking XD I don't even text friends.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 10:56:11 )
For all intents and purposes, I really don't have a cell phone. I have one that's basically a brick that can call and text, with some prepaid minutes. And it's off, unless I'm expecting something, or need to use it for an emergency or something. The amount of people that I have to regularly communicate with with it... is basically zero.
I just use Skype or Facebook to connect with all my friends.

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 11:09:19 )
I have a smart phone these days, so I can't say anything about that, though I did used to have a phone that couldn't go on the internet when I first got one XD
This is my topic in the Exchange. Please go buy my items. I have old crate items and orb items for sale.

https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7218/#666694

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/9 12:17:17 )
I'm actually fine not having a smartphone. It forces me to actually disconnect when I'm travelling. I get a lot of thinking done on public transit. :P

Please ping when responding to me, to make sure I see your reply!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.