Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts The Pokemon Center

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 06:17:00 )
I thought that was Giratina...
(At least, in some interpretations.)

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 06:51:40 )
@ginji: I was applying for a job in a charter school. I had to make up my own lesson plan and figure out what was good for the age group and how many students were in there. x ___ x ;;; It was stressful AF.
Though, I GOT THE JOB AYYY. Or well, A teaching assistant job for now, until a teacher goes on maternity leave and then eventually my own classroom i guess. u vu ///

@slytherclaw: That is the teaching life. rip me.
I GOT A JOB THO SO THAT'S ALL THAT MATTER. AYYYY

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 06:54:00 )
@Yuracye: AYYYYY YOU GO YURA DOING THAT JOB LIFE

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 06:58:45 )
@slytherclaw: HECK YEAHHHH. I'll be getting paid $38k/year as a teacher's assistant. That's amazing! Q VQ !!!

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 07:18:34 )
@yuracye: Niiiice. Hopefully it all goes well! (Also, hopefully it's something that you enjoy doing.)
I have great admiration for people who have the mental fortitude to be educators. Every age range comes with its own challenges...

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/7 07:51:09 )
@Yuracye: Congratulations! That's super great, since that's what you want, but I know I couldn't handle being a teacher. I hate people in general XD I know there are great people out there, but there are also horrible people out there and I don't like dealing with them.

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 04:26:35 )
@dataninja: Well, it's teaching and I have my degree and everything too, I've been preparing for this for a long time. u vu //

@ginji: Ahhhh, thank you!!!
Hahaha, I generally hate people, but idk children are different? They're just to excited about everything and interested? Not so much in the older ages in my opinion, but I'm going to Kindergarten so they're the most impressionable. u vu //

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 04:34:36 )
@yuracye: Ah, well then. You sound very prepared and enthusiastic. I wish you well in your chosen profession. Because we all need good educators. And people who like dealing with kids. XD

Please ping when responding to me, to make sure I see your reply!

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 04:36:35 )
People who like dealing are saints lol
I always wanted to teach, but I just
I can't handle children >>;
And older children are just as bad in different ways
But college teaching is a whole thing where you need a PHD :C

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 04:45:58 )
@dataninja: I do try. xD thank you!
I mean, I'm surely not the best. I do tend to have problems with classroom management, but that's always been my problem. I'll learn along the lines all the tips and tricks from other classrooms. x ___ x ;;

@slytherclaw: XD I like children, I always have. I just think they're too cute. Ahhhh.
I just can't deal with angsty, going through puberty middle school era. Even 4th grade is sassy. omg.
I KNOW. :C I thought about being a professor, but idk. I don't even want to get my masters. I'm done with school. rip.

Voltie — What? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 04:56:44 )
I heard teaching
And I heard PhD

Are we talking about teaching in europe?

Hello I came by to check out your hangout Sly :')

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 05:22:22 )
@vig: Teaching in college? xD

@lily: Ahh, love the username. q vq ;;;
WELCOME!

Voltie — What? Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 05:25:49 )
@Yuracye: yes! Is it true that in order to be a college professor at any college, you have to have at least a PhD to teach there?

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 06:09:35 )
@vig: Honestly... I don't think so? I'm sure it helps but the teachers that taught in my college didn't all have their doctorate? I'm pretty sure they all had their masters though. That was also for a bachelors, so maybe for graduate you might need it?

@lily: Ahhh, that is lovely! T _ T !! I love flowers, I just can never keep them alive for long. rip.

Doing alright! Just put my two weeks at my current job to start my new job. * U* I'm very excited!
How about you?

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 06:19:53 )
Hahaha, welcome guys!
I don't know that you absolutely need a PhD to do university teaching in America, but I'm pretty sure if you want to actually get hired, it's sort of expected? Like if you want to work in academia, you have to be there for a while, and you need the networking from being in it, etc.
It's sort of something I idly think about doing in maybe a decade. After I'm done with public, maybe, it would be cool to maybe go back, get a masters or PHD, see if I couldn't become an accounting professor...or, I dunno, maybe I wouldn't need a PhD if I got a masters, since I have a CPA...I'm not actually too clear on how all of that works.
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 07:29:33 )
@slytherclaw: Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. I think as long as you know the field and can teach it it's reasonable enough? But you'd need to have a masters in order to be able to teach any kind of college work. u vu //

@lily: YAY! I mean wait.... no. I don't want the plants to die!
Actually to be super cheesy for a second here. My fiance, when we were first starting to date, bought me flowers and I told him that I really did love the flowers, but I got really upset after about a week since they would wither and die.
So on our one year anniversary, he bought me a golden dipped rose, because I love flowers, and this one will never die. u vu ///
And he's bought me one every year since.

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 07:41:40 )
@Yuracye: Ahh, okay, I feel ya XD Yeah, kids are much better than teenagers. I was bullied at the end of elementary school and in high school, so I hate teenagers, but kindergarten is fine. Those kids are cute XD

Donator — SENPAI Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 07:44:29 )
@ginji: They are. I mean, they can be as cruel as teenagers, but I just view them in a better light, I suppose. u vu ///
Ahhh. I went through some rough times in Elementary school, but I had a few teachers that made school better for me than being at home. q vq ;;; Which, I think is why i really wanted to be a teacher in the first place?
But, yeah Kindergarten is where it's at. That's when you can get them early and really get them inspired about learning! * U *!!!

TH | dA

Donator — Roleplayer Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 07:52:55 )
@Yuracye: Yes, plus the way you teach them is a lot more fun. I remember in kindergarten, we all came down from our chairs and sat on a colorful mat together and the teacher would hold up big cards and signs to teach us and there were ones that were colored, but also translucent, so she would move them over each other, and they would make a different color and that is how we learned that mixing certain colors give you another.
This is my topic in the Exchange. Please go buy my items. I have old crate items and orb items for sale.

https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7218/#666694

Donator — DirtyHobo Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/8 08:41:17 )
Hello all! I'm a huge Pokémon fan, I mostly play the card game though. I use to compete competitively, until real life got in the way ...

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.