Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Sands of Destiny

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 06:23:07 )

Hazel nodded.

"Thank you. So, so much." She said simply before getting to her feet.

"Just... thank you." She repeated, and he could hear the gratitude to her voice.

"I promise, I'll do whatever I can... or whatever my mana ends up doing." She said before pausing and looking around the room.

"I... wait. I just relaised something. I don't have a migraine, both visions are overlaying perfectly...." She said, the realisation having just hit her.

"Any ideas why?"

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 06:43:51 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just shrugged.

"Who knows." he said.

"Maybe a smidgen of good came from you being taken and experimented by Lindsay and Kiah." he suggested.

"Maybe it's something that your body just got used to." he said further.

"Sadly, there's truly only one person that knows, and... well... as you've proven, they actually... DON'T." he went on.

"So, I'm sorry, but I have NO ideas." he apologised.

"If YOU gain any clues, let me know."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 06:46:42 )

Hazel just sighed lightly.

"I'm not too surprised, if I'm being honest." she said.

"Anyway... I... I'm gonna go check the room and such." She added before approaching him and giving him a sincere hug.

"Just... I'm so sorry about this world, and I will do whatever I can to help." she said quietly. After close to a minute, she stepped back again.

"I'll see you later."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 07:13:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal returned the hug and held her close for a moment.

"It's good to see you again, Hazel." he told her, before breaking the embrace as she stepped back.

"See you later." he replied as she left.

He then sighed after she was gone, and shook his head.

"...help." he muttered. "This world may very well be beyond help now." he lamented.

"Unless we can find a way to stop those two... I fear they'll turn all manner of animal, human, and creature into... things..." he mumbled further, a bit of a dejected tone to his voice.

Meanwhile, Hazel made her way to the room, and found the number had been painted on, as Hal said. The cardkey still worked, and when the door was opened, she found things a little more spartan than she was used to.

The room had a comfortable bed, a dresser, a desk, and a chair. Seemed there was little else, though. It looked like showering and eating were far more communal and shared events at this point.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 07:18:57 )

"can't say I'm surprised." Hazel muttered before checking everything in there. Once satisfied she knew the layout and everything, she made her way back into the hall and looked around to get a feel as to how the numbers were. Once she was sure she knew where she was going, she headed off, her intention to find Ty's room. They were friends, rather good friends at that, in the world she knew... so maybe seeing her would help. She really had no idea, but that wasn't going to stop her from trying. She made her way to the door that she was told was the entry to Ty's dorm, and paused.

"well, here goes nothing..." She muttered before knocking on the door, wondering if he'd answer or not.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 07:39:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

There was silence on the other end for a bit, before she heard his voice.

"...it's not locked." was all Ty said.

She knew that voice. That was Ty. Undeniably so. But there was... something else there. It sounded... hoarser... more defeated... raspier. Almost like he was sick or something. But she didn't have time to dwell on that. She opened the door, and as soon as she did, she heard clinks and clunks that sounded like bottles and cans.

It wasn't hard to tell what they were, as the room positively REEKED of alcohol.

However, from what she heard, Ty didn't sound drunk, at least.

...though, odds were that he was miserable that he wasn't drunk.

She looked into the room and saw various bottles and cans strewn about... and saw Ty sitting on the bed, his back to her. He was wearing a tattered and dirty white tee-shirt, and faded jeans, it looked like... and from what she saw, his hair was an absolute mess, and he had some serious rough stubble going down his cheek.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 07:46:23 )

Hazel paused for just a second or two before looking around. She found a brush that was haphazardly tossed aside and half buried, before making her way over, the door closing behind her.

She didn't say anything before just climbing up on the bed behind him and doing something that ... she was pretty sure he hadn't had for awhile. She started to brush his hair. She didn't know if anyone else ever tried, or if he let anyone else brush it, as from her world he didn't, so she was reasonably sure this would either go really poorly, or decently well.

She remained silent though, as she didn't even know what the hell it was that she could say here.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 08:09:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She felt him tense up when she started to brush his hair, and his gaze sharply snapped towards her, anger in his expression... before it all seemed to come crashing down when he saw it was her.

"....." he was silent for an extended moment, before blinking.

"...you're real?" he asked quietly.

"I am." she confirmed.

"...continue." he then said, turned away again, but so his hair was more accessible for her.

She could see the brief relief in his eyes in that one moment, though.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 08:11:15 )

Hazel just sighed before settling in with brushing his rather matted hair.

".... I'm here. I'm real." She assured him.

"But... the fact that you even have to ask in the first place is concerning." She admitted.

"tyson... is there anything I can do?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 08:32:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Ty was silent again for a moment, before exhaling slowly.

"Don't know." he said.

"Part of me doesn't care." he told her.

"...small part." he then said further. "...medium part." he clarified. "...half of me." he then admitted.

"Hazel, I don't know." he muttered.

"Just seeing you again though is helping." he then told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 08:47:11 )

Hazel didn't say anything, just continued to brush his hair. She didn't like what it was that she heard, however, she also knew that there was truth to that.

"I ... can't relate." She said simply.

"I don't know this world." She added before pausing, and sighing.

"Pretty sure I've stepped through a portal to another world or something, and I just want to get home."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 09:03:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......oh." Ty said after a long pause.

"So you're not the Hazel I know." he said further.

"Or knew." he corrected himself.

"...whatever." he then muttered in a defeated tone.

"You're -A- Hazel. That's enough. I guess." he mumbled further, slumping down slightly.

"Until you leave. Like everyone else seems to."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 09:20:42 )

"... My presence proves she's alive, at least." Hazel commented.

"And... I'm not leaving for the moment." She added, as she continued with his hair, taking a certain care that he hadn't felt since before this world had gone to shit.

"want to talk?" She then asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 09:35:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....talk." Ty mumbled.

"Okay." he said.

"About what?" he asked her.

"What IS there to talk about?" he asked further.

There was a heaviness and definite depression to his words and tone, but she couldn't deny that the tension that she had felt when she started brushing his hair had significantly melted away. That was undeniable.

Whether his mind knew it or not, or wanted to admit it or not, his body was definitely more at peace now.

"You're in a doomed, shit world. And you'll be leaving it soon, more than likely." he said.

"And I still don't know what's happened to MY Hazel."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 13:32:43 )

Hazel just sighed lightly, but still continued with his hair.

"Probably back in my world." She told him.

"And I can assure you, back there, she'll be treated amazingly well." She assured him. "And you will have her back once I head back there."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/14 22:47:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...I see." Ty responded.

"Well, I'm sorry you came here." he told her.

"This world is no place for... anyone, now." he said further, clasping at the empty bottle that was in his hands.

He then sighed quietly, and let the bottle drop to the floor with a loud clunk, before glancing at Hazel.

"So... why come to me?" he asked.

"Surely Hal told you I was a right miserable wretch, yeah?" he asked further. "Or whomever it was that directed you to here." he then clarified.

"Can't be good for you to see me as I am."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 00:02:32 )

Hazel was silent as she heard the bottle hit the floor.

"Why?" She asked. "Because even if I'm in another world... you're still someone I care about." She told him honestly.

"I can't say about the relationship you might have with the Hazel here, but back home for me... you're oneo f my best friends." She then said.

"And I know that it's been hard. Yeah, it was Hal that directed me here, but... I asked where you were. I wanted to see if I could help, at all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 00:30:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." again, Ty was silent, but she felt something. She felt him... shaking slightly. Quivering.

"Hazel..." he said, his tone a whisper now.

She then looked and saw a few tears running down his face.

"Hazel was... is... one of my closet friends." he confirmed.

"I guess... proving that MY Hazel is still alive IS helpful..." he then admitted.

"I just want to see her again." he went on, before looking at her slightly.

"...you work, though."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 00:42:06 )

Hazel was silent for a moment as the burshing slowed.

"I know I'm not the same woman you know and love." She started, "and I am so sorry about that, but... I swear, I am the same woman. Just... maybe not with the same memories." There was definite sincerity to her words, her touch as she set her hands on his shoulders. Once she did so, though, she paused.

"... Tyson... Come on. Let's go get a bite to eat." She said after a moment or two.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/15 01:00:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, he didn't say anything for a moment, before looking at her... then himself.

"I guess..." he said.

"Haven't really eaten in... a while." he admitted.

"Haven't eaten properly in... longer..." he went on.

"..." he paused again, before just shaking his head and looking around the room.

"Yeah... I guess... food would be nice..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.