Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Sands of Destiny

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 23:40:43 )

He was watching through the window as they tried to do all they could to save Hazel. It didn't take long, though, before he was able to see Hzel off to the side, almost looking confused. She looked over toward Zeke, smiled, waved, before fading a few seconds later, leaving the two of them in there alone.

A few others made their ways in to try and help, as well.

The question though, was why he saw her. She was completely calm, hell she saw HIM. What the hell was going on in that regard.

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 00:03:10 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke's face paled when he saw that.

He really wasn't even questioning why he saw her, how he'd seen her, why she was calm, how she'd seen HIM... all he knew was that he saw her soul outside of her body, and it then disappeared.

He knew what that generally meant.

He then took a few unconscious steps back from the door, almost falling backwards on his ass, before shaking his head rapidly.

'Be... strong.' he told himself.

'Just... walk away... and be... strong.' he finished, before slowly beginning to trudge away.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 00:25:56 )

Hours passed, and just as the sun was starting to set, Zeke found himself up on the roof of the building. He could have headed home, wanted to for that matter, but he couldn't bring himself to leave without Angela at the moment. It was somewhere that he always found peaceful, and even more so since Terra started to tend to the garden up there. It gave it one hell of a calming and clearing air, something that he was finding himself particularly appreciative at the moment.

he'd stopped by Hal's office and filled him in, told him that Hazel was gone, and he'd been willing to give Zeke the day off, and the next couple since they were close, but ... Zeke had insisted he wasn't going home right then. He wanted to leave ith Angela.

As he was up there, he didn't notice immediately when there was a bit of a burst of sand from behind him.

"whoa! I am going to have to try and get a handle on that." he heard.... from a woman that he saw die.

"Zeke! I need you to do me a HUGE favour. Can you? Please?" She asked. When he turned to look, he saw her there, blindfold and all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 00:45:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke was silent for a moment as he witnessed her... before shrugging.

"I suppose so." he said.

"Who am I to refuse a presumably last request... even if it IS posthumous..." he muttered.

"Anyway, what is it?" he asked.

"Best to get it out now while I'm under the effects of the roof." he reasoned.

"Won't fall apart so easily when saying goodbye..." he lamented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 00:47:54 )

She approached him and laid her hands on his face, something she never would have done before her coma.

"Zeke, it is so good to see you again" She said with a soft smile.

"But I need you to distract Kiah. Keep her here, just in case what I'm going to do involves something of hers. I don't know and I don't want to risk having to fight her, at all." She added

"And ... then we need to talk. Ok? Please? I just... I need it. Would you do that fo rme, please?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 01:09:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....uh...?" Zeke muttered confusedly. "...sure...? I guess?" he answered.

"I suppose I can tell her..." he started to say further, before sighing. "No, odds are she's already been told." he reasoned. "Guess I can go there and see how they're all doing." he muttered.

"I mean, not only did they lose a coworker, they lost a friend." he sighed.

"A lot of people just did." he lamented.

"And... talk?" he asked. "I mean... okay...? Not sure about WHAT, exactly, but... okay...?" he went on.

"Still. It's nice of you to some see me like this." he told her, sadness evident in his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 01:15:35 )

She was silent before shaking her head.

"Zeke... I'm alive." she told him. "Yes, I know you saw me die. But I'm alive. I've been given a chance to ... well.. continue living. You know you can feel my hands, ghosts can't do this." She then said.

"And they can't do this." With that, she both pulled him down, and herself up to give him a kiss, right on the lips, before letting go a matter of two seconds later.

"... I've always loved you Zeke." She said quietly. "But I've never had the guts to say it, because I know you are involved with Angela, and I adore you two together." She paused here, stepped back, biting the inside ofher cheek slightly for a moment.

"but... but I couldn't stay silent any longer. I just... had to say it. Anyway... please? Distract Kiah, because... I think she's involved in something I need to deal with."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 01:26:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Zeke was now stunned.

Completely and utterly stunned. To the point of silence, for close to 5 seconds.

A LOT of information had just been given to him, and he needed to process it properly. That would take time. However, what registered first, was her request. She'd already asked him several times.

And he needed to respond.

All that managed to come out was a nod, and a barely audible "Uh-huh." though.

She knew that was acknowledgement, though. And he'd do as she asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 01:31:28 )

"Thank you. Zeke." Hazel said with a soft smile.

"We'll talk later, after I'm done what I need to do. Also... uhh... Angela won't be happy that I just left. Anyway, I'll see you later." with that, she vanished in a burst of sand.

She appeared on a roof, a few feet above it. She crashed to the rooftop, and the incline caused her to roll off the side, falling. With a cry, of course. She landed harshly, the wind knocked out of her as she just laid on her back, trying to remember how the hell one was to breathe.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 01:52:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....sand...?" Zeke managed to utter, before shaking his head and leaving the rooftop. He needed to do what she asked of him, so he would... regardless of how confused and befuddled he was.

Meanwhile, it wasn't long after Hazel crashed onto the roof of the manor, and fell off the side, did the door she landed by open. The clatter she'd raised, and her cry, had gotten the attention of one of the inhabitants of the place.

"What the...!?" Ash exclaimed, looking around. "What is...?" he started to ask, before seeing Hazel there.

"Hazel...?" he addressed her, before stopping suddenly.

He 'saw' something on her. Or, rather, sensed something on her and about her, that caused him to pause and question things briefly... but he knew what he was sensing. He'd sensed it before, and it was undeniable.

"Woah, okay..." he mumbled.

"Y'allright?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 01:56:46 )

Hazel just held a hand up to say 'one moment' as she tried to regain the ability to breathe. After that torturous few minutes, she finally managed to get a full, proper, breath before getting ot her feet.

"Ok... ow." she said as she stretched.

"That was not a pleasant landing. Sorry about the noise." As she spoke, she looked to the one that had come out, Ash, and froze.

".... I ... well then..." she muttered before shaking her head.

"Right! I'm here for your brother." She stated. "Where is he?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 02:16:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ash was stunned for a brief moment. He was not used to Hazel being this... forward and confident. So straightforward. It threw him for a loop for a second or two, before he shook his head.

"Uh, right." he said.

"He's downstairs. Should be, anyway." he told her.

"He said he was going to spend a good part of the day working out." he said further.

"Why, what's up?" he asked.

He knew what he could sense from her, and he knew what that brief freese of hers was, but there was no way it was just THAT that would have caused such a shift in her attitude, right?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 02:26:55 )

Hazel was silent.

"We will talk later. I need to deal with this first. " She said simply. "And I know you have questions." She added before stepping past him, and inside without waiting for him to say anything.

"Lindsay!" She called into the house as she made her way to the basement door.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 02:45:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Woah, woah, what the-?" Ash muttered, before calling out to her.

"You KNOW it's sound-insulated!" he said. "You'll need to speak with him directly!" he added.

"...." he was then silent, before deciding to follow. He needed to know what this was all about.

Meanwhile, Hazel did, indeed, decide to speak with Lindsay directly. When she opened the door, she was blasted by sudden warm air, but saw Lindsay with his back to the door, a barbell with very heavy-looking weight plates on each end across his shoulders.

He was squatting down with it, and lifting back up, working his arms and legs... and he didn't seem to notice her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 02:51:19 )

Hazel made her way over to where Lindsay was and waited. When he went down, she grabbed the bar, stopping it from going down with him, and reminding Ash of how strong she'd been trained and made to be. She stepped back before dropping the weight.

"Lindsay, where is your research." She stated bluntly, simply.

"I need to know." She added. "No matter how much you want to make it that I don't know.... tell me where it is."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 03:12:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay whirled around and looked at Hazel, as Ash leaned against the doorway.

'Whooo...' he whistled internally. 'I keep forgetting, she's pretty ripped.' he thought.

"Wha...?" Lindsay asked.

"Research? My research is my own private business." he told her.

"I don't know how you know, but it is something that I'm doing privately." he went on. "HOW...?" he started to ask, before shaking his head.

"Kiah." he muttered.

"HAD to have been Kiah." he said, his tone unimpressed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 03:15:28 )

"Nope." Hazel said as she crossed her arms.

"where is your research?" She asked again.

"Because honestly? I'm going to get it from you one way or another. I recently found I can invade peoples dreams, so I have naught but to put you to sleep and I can do that. You can't stay awake foever." She added with a sigh.

"So just make it easier. No. It wasn't Kiah, and I plan on talking to her next." She said. "Just tell me where it is before you destroy the planet, and yourself,a nd take your cousin down the road of insanity with you"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 03:42:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"What the hell!?" Lindsay exclaimed.

"Destroy the planet? Myself!? The road of INSANITY?" he asked her.

"I'm sorry, but it sounds to me like YOU'RE the one spouting insanity here." he told her.

"My research will HELP this world in more ways than one could ever imagine." he said further, before looking towards Ash.

"Ash, are you hearing this?" he asked his brother.

"I am." Ash responded.

"And to be frank, weirder things have happened in this world."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 03:48:37 )

Hazel didn't say anything for a moment before just sighing.

"Lindsay, you're a dumbass." She stated.

"I have half a mind to talk to the various angels and demons I know in order to try and get them to strip you of your intelligence." She stated. "And I will do it in order to stop you." She paused to consider her words, and her tone of voice before shaking her head.

"Nope. I stand by it." she said simply, crossing her arms.

"I don't care what it is that you have to say or think about it." Giving off a very different demeaner than either of the Fyrane's were used to.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/17 04:11:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay was now backing away from Hazel uneasily.

"Wh-what?" he asked.

"Woah." Ash mumbled. "She sounds serious, bro." he told him.

"HOW!?" Lindsay exclaimed.

"How could you possibly know what will happen!?" he asked her. "You have no proof!" he said.

"And yet you threaten me with reducing me to what I was under Vanessa's control!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.