Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Sands of Destiny

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 05:33:33 )

Hazel was silent before looking over to Drake.

"I'm so sorry.... I don't think I have a choice." She said quietly as she reached her black hand out to him, the mana forming an orb atop it, before it shifted and took the shape of a heart. It solidified a few seconds later, and looked to be an exquisitely chiseled and shaped crystal heart. In the core there was a small grey orb.

"here." She said. As Drake, hesitantly, accepted it, he could literally feel Hazel in there.

"A piece of my mana that I could contain." She told him simply as he watched the warm grey orb in there start to spread around the crystal, giving it an almost haunting look, but... it had the half black case like she did.

"I don't know how much longer I have..." She then said. "That five minutes is going to run out soon, I think..."

♫Turn off my brain, this all feels the same♫

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 05:54:12 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

As Drake held what she'd given him, he sank to his knees, sobbing quietly.

"...." he was silent, as Hal sighed quietly.

"Hazel." he said.

"Thank you." he told her.

"...........good bye again, Hazel." Ty said defeatedly.

"I think I always knew it was a matter of time before you left again." he mumbled.

"At least you made a huge difference..." he then added quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 05:57:38 )

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... Tyson, you're the brother I never knew I needed, and Drake... I love you. Just... I'm sorry. I don't want to le---" she started before wincing, severely and with a cry of pain. Ty, who was still holding her, felt her torso get warm and wet. When he looked, he saw she was starting to beleed at the 'seam' between her skin, and the black .

"I...." she started.

"Shit...." She managed to get that out before shaking her head. She didn't have long left, and she knew it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 06:16:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As her vision faded, she saw everyone there crying... even Nixie, who seemingly had enough control to allow her emotions to show. The last thing she heard was sobbing and crying, before Lindsay's voice rang throughout her mind once more.

'...all because I dared dream of a world where ALL had mana...' echoed around her.

Then... she fell into darkness. Complete and utter blackness.

It surrounded her, it almost threatened to engulf her... before she suddenly felt the sensation of being flung backwards, rapidly, but then stopping. She was still surrounded by darkness, but it seemed less oppressive.

And then she heard a very familiar and friendly tone.

"Hazel...? Hazel?" the male voice asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 06:27:23 )

Hazel was silent before looking around, not sure what it was that she was hearing, and having a hard time putting anything together at the moment. She'd just been torn from a world that she was thrust within, torn forcefully, unpleasantly, as well.

"Ngh..." She groaned as she just sank to her knees, her head pounding hard enough she could feel her mental state starting to break at the seams.

With a cry, she brought her hands up, not seeming to realise someone else was there for a moment. She'd heard them, but it was something that apparently was quickly shoved aside.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 06:50:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As soon as she brought her hands up, she felt another pair of hands atop them. They were soft and gentle, and they filled her with a sense of calmness and warmth, as her mental state started to stabilise again.

When she looked up at who was there, she saw Leo's familiar face.

"Hey." he greeted her.

"That helping?" he asked, referring to her mental state, and what he'd done.

"You looked like you were in a bad state." he then commented further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 06:53:35 )

Hazel's gaze took a second to properly focus, but when it did, she just smiled softly as her hands dropped, with his, into her lap.

"It... it really did." She told him before pausing.

"Leo... what... what are yoi doing here?" She asked. "I mean... I basically obliterated myself, didn't I?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 07:15:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo was silent for a moment, and then sighed heavily.

"You did... but at the same time... you didn't." he told her.

"I... don't know if you figured this out or not, but... you weren't thrown into another dimension, Hazel. You were thrown into the future." he revealed. "You're currently in a coma, and you've been experiencing a sort of out-of-body experience, where you saw the future of this world." he went on.

"When you sustained enough damage to effectively kill yourself, we, the Order, stepped in and brought you back to your own body, in your own time." he then explained.

He then paused to let her take that in, and potentially ask questions.

Odds are she had more than a few.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 07:18:31 )

"The... wait... what?" Hazel asked, her voice incredulous.

"I just... ok. Hold on,. back up." She started.

"Let's start from the top. That wasn't an alt world? that was the future?" She asked. When Leo nodded, she just sighed.

".... is it possible to stop that from coming to fruition?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 07:38:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It is." Leo responded.

"One can argue that that's why you had that experience in the first place; to stop that future from coming to pass." he told her.

"All you needed to find out was what started it. Who started it. Whatever. The turning point of it. And then put a stop to it." he went on.

"It's as simple... or as complicated... as that." he finished, before sighing.

"Anyway, do you have any more questions?" he asked.

"I have all the time in the world to answer them." he assured her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 07:42:36 )

Hazel was silent for a few seconds.

"My head still feels a bit like a jumbled mess, but... I do have one.

" The Order?"
She asked, her voice curious. She encountered the term while in.. What she'd apparently been reaming, but hadn't come acr9ss the definition.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 08:03:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...yes, the Order." Leo sighed.

"I admit, I didn't think too much ahead when I mentioned that so casually, but... well... perhaps it's for the best." he went on.

"I belong to the Order of the Sand." he revealed. "When I was dying from that disease a while back, I... well, I didn't survive." he revealed. "Even though I don't LOOK it, I am very much dead. And eternal." he told her.

"I was approached with the offer to join. I am now, essentially and effectively, a sandman." he went on.

"The Order governs and regulates... sleep and dreams."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 08:05:47 )

".... That... " Hazel started before pausing, sighing.

".... Well, good to know, I suppose." She then said.

"Now, another question... is the patchwork you did on my mind going to hold?" She asked. "... or am I going to be a broken mess again when I wake - if I wake?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 08:27:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo just bit his lip.

"...it's not going to hold." he admitted. "When you wake up, you will indeed be 'a broken mess', as you say." he told her. "You... may very well be worse off than when you were with Vanessa Encrae." he revealed.

"But! But, but, but!" he then quickly went on.

"All is not lost." he told her.

"There IS a way for you to avoid that fate." he then said.

"Join the Order."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 08:30:39 )

Hazel was silent for a moment before sighing.

".... what makes me such a good choice?" She asked, her voice curious.

"I... I barely even managed to grow enough of a spin to step up and do what I did with that version of Lindsay?" She asked.

"I mean... why me? Is it just a courtesy?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 08:59:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo shook his head.

"We've had our eyes on you for a while, recruitment-wise." he told her.

"You seem to just have the natural ability to help soothe others and calm them down, despite your own insecurities and such." he reasoned. "However, we've been unable to properly offer you the chance due to your mental state and... well, meekness." he told her bluntly.

"However, you standing up to Future Lindsay is proof enough that you are ready." he promised her.

"I can assure you that this is no mere courtesy." he then said.

"...the one in charge would have my head if I were doing this for any other reason than you being truly fit for the position."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 09:03:52 )

Hazel just sighed before taking a few seconds. She got to her feet and met Leo's eyes.

"What do I need to do then?" She asked.

"What're the steps for the thing to be done?" She then added after a moment. "Because I'm definitely game. Let me be properly useful to people."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 09:25:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well..." Leo replied.

"You'll need to sign this." he told her, materialising a scroll and quill. "...we're more high tech than this, this is for the sake of preserving history, essentially." he promised her.

"And after you sign, we'll have a few things to discuss. Well, one thing, really. Sleeping. But if you want to know that before hand, we can discuss it now." he told her, as Hazel thought about it.

Meanwhile, Zeke was 'visiting' Hazel, which amounted to little more than him worriedly checking up on her and seeing no changes, when he suddenly noticed something with her soul.

He saw it started to fade, as the machines she was hooked up to indicated that she was fading, and alarmingly quickly.

"NO!" he exclaimed loudly, not caring about his volume at the moment.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 13:42:16 )

It didn't take long, only a couple of seconds after Zeke's exclamation that Alicja barged into the room.

"What's---" She startedbefore noticing the monitors. She let out a curse before poking her head out of the room and calling for Nate, as she knew he wasn't doing anything for the moment. They had to work to get Hazel to survive through this. Immediately after, she hurried over to where Hazel was and started to get her ready to be revived, hopefully.

There was never any guarantee with this, sadly.

She was completely ignoring Zeke for the moment, as well.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/16 22:37:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate raced into the room within a matter of seconds, and he gritted his teeth when he saw what he did.

"Damn it..." he cursed.

"Shoo, shoo." he told Zeke, ushering him out of the room. "We need to work, and fast!" he told him.

Zeke didn't fight back too much, and could only stare at the closed door, as Nate and Alicja tried to save Hazel's life.

"...no, no, no..." he said quietly.

"Hazel, please... please, don't go..." he whispered.

"Don't leave us... don't leave ME..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.